Author Topic: U.S. Economy Slows to ‘Near Standstill’ as Omicron, Supply Chain Delays, and Inflation Surge  (Read 308 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. Economy Slows to ‘Near Standstill’ as Omicron, Supply Chain Delays, and Inflation Surge

John Carney 24 Jan 2022

Economic growth in the United States slowed sharply in the first weeks of the year due to supply chain disruptions, high prices, and labor shortages linked to the surge in Covid-19 infections, according to data from a purchasing managers survey released Monday.

The U.S. IHS Markit flash composite purchasing managers index, one of the first comprehensive looks at economic growth this year, fell to 50.8 in January from 57.0 in December, severely undershooting expectations and signaling almost no growth in the economy. Economists had forecast a reading of 56.7.

“Soaring virus cases have brought the U.S. economy to a near standstill at the start of the year, with businesses disrupted by worsening supply-chain delays and staff shortages, with new restrictions to control the spread of Omicron adding to firms’ headwinds,” said Chris Williamson, chief business economist at IHS Markit.

The flash composite measures economic activity in both the services and manufacturing sides of the economy. Readings above 50 indicate growth.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/24/u-s-economy-slows-to-near-standstill-as-omicron-supply-chain-delays-and-inflation-surge/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

The virus itself doesn't have anything to do with it.  It's the government's overblown response to a bad cold that is causing the delays and inflation.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Damn that Trump!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Biden's Blowing away our energy independence created one big domino effect.  This shit was self inflicted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I ordered a new MacBook Pro from Adorama in NYC at the end of November (Black Friday sale, $200 off list). They were listed as out of stock, but I thought I could stand a short wait. So I put in my order.

Almost two months later, no stock. The site says "January 28th", but I think that's gonna be pushed back. Almost nobody seems to have any stock (and this is "the base model", nothing special). Even some Apple Stores seem to be out or are having delays getting them.

MacBook Pro, the new "unobtanium" model...

Offline libertybele

Biden's Blowing away our energy independence created one big domino effect.  This shit was self inflicted.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.