Author Topic: Liz Cheney Loses Wyoming Straw Poll to Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman  (Read 857 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney Loses Wyoming Straw Poll to Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman

Jacob Bliss 23 Jan 2022

Wyoming Republican Harriet Hageman, endorsed by former President Donald Trump, showed a commanding lead against the Democrat-allied Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) in a Saturday straw poll full of House candidates held by the Wyoming Republican State Central Committee.

A secret ballot straw poll of Republican party activists gave Hageman 59 votes, a 53 vote lead against Cheney, according to the Casper Star-Tribune. Cheney garnered only six votes, along with state Sen. Anthony Bouchard (R-Cheyenne), who received two votes, and Denton Knapp, who received one vote.

After the secret ballot, which came eight months before the state’s Republican primary, Hageman told the Star-Tribune, “I think it’s a good sign. It’s not an endorsement, but these are the county activists.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/23/liz-cheney-loses-wyoming-straw-poll-trump-backed-harriet-hageman/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Liz Cheney Loses Wyoming Straw Poll to Trump-Backed Harriet Hageman
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 01:47:01 am »
 :yowsa:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 02:09:54 am »
I'm absolutely heart broken.  :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 03:05:37 am »
If 59 votes is a 53 vote lead, then Cheney only got 6 votes.

Maybe they didn't want to be quite that explicit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 03:38:57 am »
Even if every Democrat crosses over and votes for Cheney in the GOP primary, she's still gonna lose.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 04:05:42 am »
This is the kind of BS you expect to see from CNN and The Hill. A secret ballot straw poll means NOTHING and it's CRAP.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 04:55:17 am »
Does that mean after election shenanigans are over Cheney is only going to win with 80% of the votes, with more votes cast than their are people there?
 :tongue2:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 05:36:29 am »
Wait till the swamp money comes this fall.  It's going to be a tough task to beat her. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 05:46:21 am »
Wait till the swamp money comes this fall.  It's going to be a tough task to beat her.
It's going to take more than money. Trump was darned popular in WY in 2020, at nearly 70% of the votes.

Joining with the Democrats to crap on Trump supporters will not play well there.
Add in that the major industries of coal mining, oil, ranching, have all suffered in the state at the hands of the Democrats, and her siding with the Dems over 1/6 will work hard against her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 02:34:28 pm »
Cheney Down 18 Points to Trump-Backed Candidate Headed Into Wyoming GOP Primary
https://conservativebrief.com/cheney-3-58535/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 02:34:30 pm »

If she survives the primary, she will be reelected. But it doesn’t appear that she’s going to make the primary

If she felt impeaching Donald Trump was the right thing to do, fine. But she went full Democrat. You don’t go full Democrat in a state like Wyoming that voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 02:51:11 pm »
If she survives the primary, she will be reelected. But it doesn’t appear that she’s going to make the primary

If she felt impeaching Donald Trump was the right thing to do, fine. But she went full Democrat. You don’t go full Democrat in a state like Wyoming that voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump

Love you guys optimism, but slimey polticans like her have ways of surviving.  Don't forget...  she'll have the full resources of the Bush/Clinton syndicate.  If it happens, I'll have a drink.  Till then, I'll remain skeptical.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 02:57:01 pm »
Love you guys optimism, but slimey polticans like her have ways of surviving.  Don't forget...  she'll have the full resources of the Bush/Clinton syndicate.  If it happens, I'll have a drink.  Till then, I'll remain skeptical.

She may or may not survive her primary. And if she does, she will be reelected. It’s not pessimism or optimism. It’s just the facts. There is no way Wyoming is going to put a democrat in the Senate in her place. Especially with everything going on under Joe Biden

Liz Cheney is a fairly conservative senator and if she were to be reelected, she would still be a conservative voice in the Senate regardless  of whatever personal issues she has with Donald Trump. And we will need as many as we can get because Joe Biden will still be president and have veto power
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:58:11 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 03:00:02 pm »
She may or may not survive her primary. And if she does, she will be reelected. It’s not pessimism or optimism. It’s just the facts. There is no way Wyoming is going to put a democrat in the Senate in her place. Especially with everything going on under Joe Biden

Liz Cheney is a fairly conservative senator and if she were to be reelected, she would still be a conservative voice in the Senate regardless  of whatever personal issues she has with Donald Trump. And we will need as many as we can get because Joe Biden will still be president and have veto power

She's in the House, but I also fear, she'll pull a Murkowski and run 3rd party after a primary loss.  Split the vote, and win in a runoff

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 03:01:47 pm »
She's in the House, but I also fear, she'll pull a Murkowski and run 3rd party after a primary loss.  Split the vote, and win in a runoff

Thanks for the correction. I thought she was a senator. I should have known better on that as the Senate doesn’t impeach. If she lost the primary and ran third party, she would lose

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2022, 03:06:53 pm »
Thanks for the correction. I thought she was a senator. I should have known better on that as the Senate doesn’t impeach. If she lost the primary and ran third party, she would lose

Little less optimistic.  Say results ended up like this....

Dem candidate 34%
Cheney-  33%
Hageman- 32%

Then a runoff with the top 2

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 03:31:14 pm »
You've got to remember that these Wyomingites who would vote for Cheney are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West......
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 05:13:45 pm »
If 59 votes is a 53 vote lead, then Cheney only got 6 votes.

Maybe they didn't want to be quite that explicit.

The article says Cheney got 6 votes.  I'm not a fan of straw polls, they are just the opinions of activists, but the ratio is still very interesting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 11:02:23 pm »
You've got to remember that these Wyomingites who would vote for Cheney are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West......

Nice work sneaking in a Blazing Saddles quote. You’ve earned a Harumph!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2022, 11:27:15 pm »
Nice work sneaking in a Blazing Saddles quote. You’ve earned a Harumph!

:patriot: 888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2022, 11:54:57 pm »
:patriot: 888high58888

I chose not to throw in my 2 cents.  "You know....morons."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 11:55:33 pm »
Little less optimistic.  Say results ended up like this....

Dem candidate 34%
Cheney-  33%
Hageman- 32%

Then a runoff with the top 2

I think it's more likely that, if Cheney runs 3rd party, the result would be more like

Dem candidate 30%
Hageman- 60%
Cheney-  10%

I thinks it's more likely that Cheney will follow in her father's footsteps
and end up someplace like
on the board at Halliburton,
or maybe employed by some DC beltway bandit organization.
Either way, she'll be receiving several times her current salary!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2022, 11:58:21 pm »
I chose not to throw in my 2 cents.  "You know....morons."

C'mon man.  You know you had to do it!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:09 am »
C'mon man.  You know you had to do it!

I did, but I had to...wait.
I will NOT comply.