Author Topic: Virginia's Youngkin gets the DeSantis treatment from media  (Read 349 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Virginia's Youngkin gets the DeSantis treatment from media
« on: January 23, 2022, 04:29:06 pm »
© Greg Nash
He hasn’t been in office for even a week, but Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) is already getting the same treatment from some corners of the media that his Republican counterpart in Florida regularly attracts.

“So much for the silly narrative that Youngkin was some normal R,” wrote Washington Post columnist Jen Rubin to her nearly 650,000 Twitter followers. “As @TerryMcAuliffe predicted, he's brought DeSantis anti-mask nuttery to VA. Now at war with several school districts. He's only been in office a few days. Hey, VA this is what you voted for. Best of luck.”

Gov. Youngkin is already proving himself to be a “Trump in fleece clothing," lamented Monthly magazine contributing editor Anne Kim. "This is not my Virginia."

“What makes @GlennYoungkin different from other GOP govs who've banned mask mandates is the timing — amid the most infectious variant yet, as record numbers of kids are being hospitalized and staffing shortages are crippling schools,” argued NBC’s Heidi Przybyla.

"Hi there. Arlington county parent here (don’t believe you are @GlennYoungkin but correct me if I am wrong). Thank you to @APSVirginia for standing up for our kids, teachers and administrators and their safety in the midst of a transmissible variant,” wrote White House press secretary Jen Psaki to Youngkin.

And despite Virginia exit polls showing that just one in 10 parents say parents should have little or no say over what schools teach, we get headlines like this one from a Washington Post opinion piece, “In catering to selfish parents, Youngkin is failing Virginia’s kids.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/590908-virginias-youngkin-gets-the-desantis-treatment-from-media
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Re: Virginia's Youngkin gets the DeSantis treatment from media
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 04:53:12 pm »
This was expected.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 05:49:16 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSpBwt4hFN8
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 06:04:59 pm »
Put this next to the news out of London that Her Majesty's Governement is removing all COVID abatement measures from law (in England where there is no devolved regional parliament to reimposed them) in the face of "the most infectious variant yet", also a variant which produces a disease comparably in severity to a bad cold or a moderately bad flu.

["But people are dying of omicron!" shrieks an acolyte of Dr. Fauci from the wings.  "Yes, I reply, and people die of colds (via secondary infections) and influenza every winter, but we don't give up our civil liberties, shutter the economy, close schools or all -- outside of heavily East Asian neighborhoods -- go around in face masks to mitigate the spread of colds and flu every winter."]

Heck, even zero-COVID Australia has decided that a "let 'er rip" strategy is the right approach to omicron.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 11:05:21 pm »
"Virginia's Youngkin gets the DeSantis treatment from media"

This is to be expected.
It should also be... ignored.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 05:09:31 am »
If the MSM is attacking him, he must be doing something right!

QED
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 09:21:01 am »
If the MSM is attacking him, he must be doing something right!

QED

:thumbsup: