Author Topic: Democrats in Academia Believe POTUS Biden Has Already Been Great For Science But The Evidence Isn't  (Read 294 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats in Academia Believe POTUS Biden Has Already Been Great For Science But The Evidence Isn't There
By Hank Campbell | January 21st 2022 10:18 AM | Print | E-mail

A new opinion piece in Nature says that President Joe Biden has mostly followed the science and he is a lot better than President Trump - but how much of that is filtered through the reality that one is in their political tribe and the other guy a Republican muddles the issue. Academics said the same thing about Obama over Bush and it was so clearly partisan (and scientifically wrong) we wrote a whole book on it.

Yes, President Biden says he is a firm believer in climate change, but has he done anything to mitigate it? Not in ways beyond photo ops. The number one source of human-derived CO2 emissions is wood and dung burned for fuel in developing nations. With a sweep of his pen, he could have reduced that and gotten 2 billion poor people on the road to centralized energy. Literally anything, coal, natural gas, you name it, in a power plant would be cleaner and therefore better for the world than individual home cooking fires but he is sticking with the President Obama plan of only agreeing to help poor countries if they use solar or wind. Which is both useless for them and too expensive.

So, yes, he says the right things about climate change, but isn't doing them. He is instead doing the opposite of what science shows will work because it matches the political beliefs of his party - endorsing solar and wind.

https://www.science20.com/content/democrats_in_academia_believe_potus_biden_has_already_been_great_for_science_but_the_evidence_isnt_there

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dims believe all sorts of foolish things because they are,by nature,fools.

That's why they are Dims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

It means that useless academics are once again getting large taxpayer funding to fart around and publish lies.

Offline Hoodat

@sneakypete

I just love watching these leftist voters begin to rant against this whole mask & booster schtick.  I just stare at them and wait for them to finish their little rant.  Once they stop, I say, "So what took you so long?"  Because every thing they are saying is a repeat of what I was telling them a year ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It means that useless academics are once again getting large taxpayer funding to fart around and publish lies.

@GtHawk

Ya gotta admit,they got a GREAT scam going.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!