Author Topic: Yellen Says Fed, Biden Administration Will Take Steps to Control Inflation  (Read 310 times)

Offline Hoodat

Yellen Says Fed, Biden Administration Will Take Steps to Control Inflation

January 21, 2022

WASHINGTON—U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Thursday she was confident the Federal Reserve and the Biden administration would take steps needed to bring down inflation over the course of 2022, provided the COVID-19 pandemic is brought under control.

Inflation rose by more than most economists, including me, expected and of course it’s our responsibility with the Fed to address that. And we will,” Yellen told CNBC in a live interview.

“We have been hit by a pandemic that has created economic challenges that none of us anticipated, and it is our hope and intention to bring inflation down to levels that are consistent with the Fed’s interpretation of price stability,” Yellen said.  .  .  .

https://www.theepochtimes.com/yellen-says-fed-biden-administration-will-take-steps-to-control-inflation_4227637.html

Wasn't Janet Yellin running the Fed while they were flooding the monetary supply with newly created dollars?  If she wasn't expecting inflation this high, then she is unqualified to run the US Treasury.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

:silly:

You couldn't see it coming, so what should give any us any confidence that you have any real idea how to bring it back down?

Online DefiantMassRINO

They've had a year to implement contra-inflationary policies, but they've done the opposite.  Their Global Climate Change agenda is driving up the cost of energy (by constraining output, supply, and transportation) which drives up the cost of everything else.

One of the few natural competitive advantages America has is its abundant supply of fossil fuel and potentially lower energy prices compared with other Western nations ... BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the libs throw that away so Al Gore can feel better about never being President.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We are so screwed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
:silly:

You couldn't see it coming, so what should give any us any confidence that you have any real idea how to bring it back down?
Oh I'm sure they saw it coming, it's just they thought they could make it stick to Trump instead of Biden.

Offline libertybele

Yadda, yadda, yadda  I declare b.s.!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.