Author Topic: NYC hospitals overrun with bodies during COVID death surge, staffing shortages  (Read 231 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC hospitals overrun with bodies during COVID death surge, staffing shortages

By Carl Campanile, Elizabeth Rosner, Nolan Hicks, Jack Morphet and Bruce Golding
January 20, 2022

A recent surge in fatalities combined with staffing shortages due to Omicron have created a backlog at the city Medical Examiner’s office that is having a ripple effect at local hospitals, The Post has learned.

Hospitals are scrambling to cope with the recent surge in COVID-19 fatalities across the city — with some shifting their dead patients between facilities as the ME’s office has been overrun, sources said.

“The whole hospital system is at capacity with patients and, of course, that includes the morgues,” one person familiar with the situation said.

A source at NYC Health + Hospitals, which operates the city’s public health care system, said, “We have so far been able to manage deaths by moving them from one hospital to another and getting additional storage units.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/nyc-hospitals-overrun-with-bodies-during-covid-death-surge-staffing-shortages/

Offline Kamaji

That's what happens when you fire staff for political reasons.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

Didn't they trot out this story nearly two years ago, where bodies were supposedly stacked like cordwood in the streets because of the 'rona?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

How far do bodies run?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Does each hospital who handles the body get to claim another COVID case?
How does that work, and how much funding (taxpayer money) is involved?

(Note: the CDC quit requiring hospitals to report the number of deaths on a daily basis.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis