Author Topic: Pelosi says she's open to stock trading ban for Congress  (Read 441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi says she's open to stock trading ban for Congress
« on: January 20, 2022, 09:36:13 pm »
Pelosi says she's open to stock trading ban for Congress
By Mychael Schnell - 01/20/22 04:11 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday appeared to suggest she is open to a ban on stock trading by members of Congress, a shift from her previous stance that members and their families should be allowed to make such financial transactions.

Asked about the hotly contested issue during her weekly press conference, Pelosi said she trusts lawmakers, but would be willing to back a ban if it had the support of her caucus.

“I have great confidence in the integrity of my members. They are remarkable. So when people talk about well, somebody might do this and somebody, I trust our members,” she said.

Later in her response, however, she added that, “To give a blanket attitude of we can't do this and we can't do that because we can't be trusted, I just don't buy into that. But if members want to do that, I'm okay with that.”

Pelosi’s comments come as she faces pushback for previously objecting to a ban on stock trading in Congress, which has picked up steam on Capitol Hill and among the American public.

“We are a free-market economy. They should be able to participate in that,” she said last month.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/590665-pelosi-says-shes-open-to-stock-trading-ban-for-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pelosi says she's open to stock trading ban for Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 09:38:05 pm »
Ask the bitch if she is open to having every single dollar profited in all the years in Washington, D.C. from the sale of stocks/bonds confiscated.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 09:43:01 pm »
Yeah...after she has made millions with inside info....isn't there a law against that......./s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 10:53:24 pm »
Yeah...after she has made millions with inside info....isn't there a law against that......./s
That's exactly the point. She's made her millions, so it's okay with her to turn off the tap now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 11:10:47 pm »
That's exactly the point. She's made her millions, so it's okay with her to turn off the tap now.

No taps will be turned off I'll assure you.  Maybe a few new agents but taps will remain open.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 11:33:18 pm »
Of course she is. It's nothing but air,and will have no actual effect on anyone in office because they will just get their wife,inlaws,or flunkies to buy it for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 11:35:05 pm »
Of course she is. It's nothing but air,and will have no actual effect on anyone in office because they will just get their wife,inlaws,or flunkies to buy it for them.

Most likely.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 11:36:10 pm »

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 01:08:40 am »
Paul Pelosi is worth $120 million and Nancy's worth another $100 mil.

Nice has they share the corruption.

https://moneyinc.com/paul-pelosi-net-worth/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 01:48:09 am »
Paul Pelosi is worth $120 million and Nancy's worth another $100 mil.

Nice has they share the corruption.

https://moneyinc.com/paul-pelosi-net-worth/

@Right_in_Virginia

And there is no way they could have actually legally earned that much money.

I suspect most of it came from "tips" on stock to buy from Wall Street Bankers. The rest was laundered through various short-term investments.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 01:56:24 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

And there is no way they could have actually legally earned that much money.

I suspect most of it came from "tips" on stock to buy from Wall Street Bankers. The rest was laundered through various short-term investments.

Of couse it came through corruption @sneakypete