Author Topic: Jury selection begins in federal trial of cops accused of aiding George Floyd's murder  (Read 629 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jury selection begins in federal trial of cops accused of aiding George Floyd's murder
By Sarah Polus - 01/20/22 01:36 PM EST

Jury selection began Thursday in the federal trial of three former Minneapolis police officers who are charged in relation to the murder of George Floyd, the Associated Press reports.

The three former officers — J. Kueng, Thomas Lane and Tou Thao — are charged with depriving Floyd of his civil rights while acting under government authority. Kueng, Lane and Thao declined to help Floyd despite it being evident that he was in need of medical assistance, the indictment states.

The accused are also being charged with aiding and abetting the murder at the state level, with the trial now set for June 13.

Potential jurors in the federal trial are being questioned by U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson and subjected to an extensive questionnaire.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/590630-jury-selection-begins-in-federal-trial-of-cops-accused-of-aiding-george
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Had to wait until Chauvin was convicted of murder so these charges seem more ominous
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hand me the puke bag as I have to stomach more of this George Floyd the felon show.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What in the hell happened to "The Right to a Quick and Fair Trial"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What in the hell happened to "The Right to a Quick and Fair Trial"?
Until people begin going to jail for their unconstitutional actions, this hubris will continue
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't recall were these cops acquitted or fond innocent by the department? Is this just shades of Rodney King, if you don't get the result you want at the local level than go all medieval federal on them?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and presumption:
"Jury selection begins in federal trial of cops accused of aiding George Floyd's murder"

George Floyd wasn't murdered.