Author Topic: Report exposes how World Meteorological Organization is guilty of ‘blatant misuse of statistics’  (Read 145 times)

rangerrebew

Report exposes how World Meteorological Organization is guilty of ‘blatant misuse of statistics’ about climate extremes

Global agency sows fear with misinformation

by Gregory Wrightstone and Kip Hansen

A recent report by the World Meteorological Organization claims that there has been a dramatic increase in the number of natural disasters over the last 50 years. According to the WMO Atlas of Mortality and Economic Losses from Weather, Climate and Water Extremes (1970 – 2019), there were more than 11,000 reported disasters attributed to these hazards globally, with just over 2 million deaths and U.S. $ 3.64 trillion in losses.

The report claims that the number of disasters “has increased by a factor of five” since 1970 and that human additions of carbon dioxide are to blame. Referring to this data, WMO Secretary-General Petteri Taalas stated:

“The number of weather, climate and water extremes are increasing and will become more frequent and severe in many parts of the world as a result of climate change. That means more heatwaves, drought and forest fires such as those we have observed recently in Europe and North America.” He further warned: “The warming of the oceans has affected the frequency and area of existence of the most intense tropical storms.”

The chart used to support their alarming claims of a five-fold increase of disasters is shown below, and taken at face value appears alarming.

https://co2coalition.org/2022/01/17/global-agency-sows-fear-with-misinformation/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:24:39 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is there such an organization as People for the Ethical Treatment of Statistics (P.E.T.S.)?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.