Author Topic: ‘No Apologies’: Biden Says There Was ‘No Way’ To Withdraw From Afghanistan Easily  (Read 198 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘No Apologies’: Biden Says There Was ‘No Way’ To Withdraw From Afghanistan Easily

Anders Hagstrom
White House Correspondent
January 19, 2022 9:37 PM ET

President Joe Biden stated Wednesday that there was no way for the U.S. military to withdraw from Afghanistan easily, an apparent contradiction to what he told Americans to expect ahead of the withdrawal.

Biden’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan remains among the lowest points of his first year in office, leading to the deaths of more than a dozen U.S. service members and abandoning more than 100 U.S. citizens under Taliban control alongside tens of thousands of Afghan allies. Prior to the withdrawal, Biden told Americans the operation would be safe and orderly, but he told reporters during his Wednesday press briefing at the White House that his true belief was that it was never going to be easy.

“There was no way to get out of Afghanistan after 20 years easily — not possible, no matter when you did it,” Biden said. “I make no apologies for what I did. I have great concern for the women and men who were blown up on the line at the airport by a terrorist attack against them, but the military will acknowledge … that, had we stayed and not pulled those troops out, we would be asked to put somewhere between 20,000 and 50,000 more troops back in.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/01/19/joe-biden-afghanistan-taliban-white-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

That's true; but there were better and worse ways to accomplish the difficult withdrawal, and the route you chose was simply the worst way possible.

If you had bothered to follow through on the detailed plans and continencies President Trump had already set up, it would have gone much better.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There's is the competent way with planning to insure the safety of our citizens and military a priority along with actually vetting the Afghans we allowed into America. And then there is the Biden way, half assed incompetence that gets our military killed and wounded and our citizens left behind with moslem terrorists while moslem terrorists and criminals get the seats that should have been reserved for Americans.

Joe Biden never has and never will take responsibility for his F'k ups. May he and his enablers rot in hell!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is no easy way to withdraw from anywhere you dope! But there sure as hell is a right way and you didn't choose it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And no way to avoid leaving $80B of military hardware in the process? 

Biden is one stupid son of a bitch.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:55:57 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji addresses ol' white joe:
"...and the route you chose was simply the worst way possible."
"If you had bothered to follow through..."

C'mon, man!
ol' joe had next-to-nothing to do with this operation.
If that much.