Author Topic: Trump says he has ‘very good relationship’ with DeSantis amid rumors of feud  (Read 95 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump says he has ‘very good relationship’ with DeSantis amid rumors of feud

By Juliegrace Brufke
January 20, 2022

Former President Trump dismissed rumors of a feud with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is seen as a potential contender to become Republican’s 2024 presidential nominee, telling reporters on Wednesday that he has “ a very good relationship” with the Florida Republican.

His comments come in the wake of a recent Axios report stating that Trump has privately told confidants the Florida Governor has a “dull personality” and would face an uphill climb in beating him in a primary. Recent surveys show DeSantis has recently seen an uptick in the polls in a hypothetical 2024 primary, tightening the margin between a potential showdown between him and the former president.

Trump said he believes his endorsement of DeSantis’ gubernatorial bid played a role in his ability to defeat Democrat Andrew Gillum in 2018.

“Well, I have a very good relationship with Governor DeSantis you know, when he wanted to run, he asked for my support and I supported him and he went, you know, up immediately very, very high. You know, he won the election the day I announced that I was going to give him my endorsement,” he told reporters on a call discussing his new picture book ​​”Our Journey Together,” which took place during President Biden’s first press conference in 10 months.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/trump-says-he-has-very-good-relationship-with-florida-gov-ron-desantis-amid-rumors-of-feud/