Author Topic: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done  (Read 6094 times)

BassWrangler

Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done
« on: January 20, 2022, 11:50:55 am »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/19/ann-coulter-the-message-in-the-polls-trumps-done/

Our media are obsessed with Donald Trump, but Trump’s obsessed with Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida. For months now, Trump’s been playing the aging silent film star Norma Desmond in “Sunset Boulevard” to DeSantis’ younger, prettier Betty Schaefer.

Amid the hourly, annoying group emails to Trump’s list — “YOU are one of my TOP supporters!” — there was one from Roger Stone on November 2, 2021, denouncing DeSantis.

The insults sounded a lot like what Trump used to say about Stone: “Ron’s own piss-poor campaign …,” “without really delivering on his Trump-like rhetoric …,” “Governor DeSantis has failed …” and so on.

The title of this diatribe was: “WILL RON DESANTIS TAKE THE PLEDGE?” Can you guess what “the pledge” is? That is correct: not to challenge Trump for president in 2024.

Only because it was “from” Stone, a smart guy who sadly prostrated himself on the altar of Trump, did I open it. Then, I shook my head and deleted it.

Evidently, others on the Trump email list responded with more rancor.

One week later, Stone sent out a follow-up email frantically backpedaling, noting that “many” recipients of his recent email were “surprised” by his attacks on DeSantis. The crow-eating letter ended by pleading with Stone’s critics to “Please take a moment to read what I have actually said …”

That must’ve been some blowback!

No one wants Trump. He’s fading faster than Sarah Palin did — and she was second place on a losing presidential ticket. In case you don’t remember, for three years following that loss, Palin was packing stadiums with tens of thousands of Trump-like fans.

But by 2011, even she — a far smarter politician than Trump who did not spend her time whining about the last election, wallowing in self-pity, or endorsing candidates because they once said something nice about her golf course — had faded. She was fun, but Republicans were starting to think seriously about the 2012 presidential election.

Trump is already two years ahead of Palin’s fade-out schedule. After his petulant endorsements this year deliver loss after loss in midterm elections that ought to be a blowout landslide for the GOP, he’ll be as popular as former Missouri Rep. Todd Akin.

As many Republicans will bitterly recall, Trump has already lost two Senate seats for Republicans in the 2021 Georgia runoffs. So far this year, he’s on track to lose — at least — another Senate race in Georgia, as well as the governor’s mansion.

Sure, thousands of people show up to his heavily advertised rallies, but they’re all the exact same people. His die-hard fans — or, as he calls them, “future Trump University students” — are like Deadheads, following him from venue to venue, dressing up in wild costumes and listening to the same songs.

Some conservatives who would never again vote for Trump wear MAGA hats, but that’s just an identity badge, like liberals wearing masks. Trump happens to be the last Republican president, and the media lose their minds over him. Wearing a “Trump” hat is the most efficient way to say, “Screw you, media.”

This is why the media’s neurotic fixation on Trump is baffling to normal people. TV hosts keep telling us that Trump is wildly popular — the 2024 nomination is his for the asking! — but facts on the ground suggest otherwise.

(Article excerpted by Mod2 - please post only a few paragraphs of any article, to avoid copyright issues)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:54:06 pm by Mod2 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ann Coulter: The Message in the Polls: Trump’s Done
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 12:00:58 pm »
This is why the media’s neurotic fixation on Trump is baffling to normal people.

Ann Coulter knows and speaks with normal people?

Why would normal people be interested in speaking to her?

Anyone that believes all her negative approval for Trump posts is more out of touch than she is.  She gets paid to "believe" that crap.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 12:45:33 pm »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 04:11:40 pm »
So that does that mean ann is abnormal?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 01:00:24 am »

We've known that for years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 01:50:56 am »
Coulter is cuckoo. I think you have to consider Trump the presumptive nominee unless someone steps up and beats him in Iowa and beyond.  If Trump is "weak" I certainly don't see a lot of people willing to take him on.  I see Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis and Rand Paul angling for airtime.  Maybe one of them will make a run.  Maybe. But I am inclined to think they will stay out if Trump is in, for the simple reason that they can read the tea leaves better than Coulter can.

Personally, I hope someone does make a run at Trump.  I'd like the opportunity to choose from a big menu of candidates.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 05:21:24 am »
Ann O'Rexic has been blowin hot and cold for years, one moment she's all in for conservatives then the next she's attacking conservatives, I think she has mental issues.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 06:14:41 am »
Ann is funny, she swings positions depending on election times.... @GtHawk aptly put it as "Ann O'Rexic has been blowin hot and cold for years". She consistently was for more conservative candidates then suddenly switched ships to the Rump train (abandoning her more conservative roots). She did the same thing with previous candidates (Example: Duncan Hunter)... It is like JimRob and her have someone text them with "time to get on board", abandon all principle, hawk who we say to hawk now.

I noticed her pattern years ago... and it has soured my opinion of her.... Coulter could be a like a lighthouse, instead she is a floating buoy.

@massadvj mentions that nobody wants to run against Trump.... Well like a drowning person (except more vindictive), Trump will take you down with him.... Scratching and clawing the whole way. Not exactly the best outcome for people of ambition/principle to engage. Perhaps they figure, best to let Trump burn himself out than to be covered with poo/fling/fingernail scratches.

Like a Frankenstein of Abnormal proportions, some here can claim partial propping of the monster that just keeps giving. Me personally I tire of saying "I told you --> character counts".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 06:22:33 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 04:11:16 pm »

@massadvj mentions that nobody wants to run against Trump.... Well like a drowning person (except more vindictive), Trump will take you down with him.... Scratching and clawing the whole way. Not exactly the best outcome for people of ambition/principle to engage. Perhaps they figure, best to let Trump burn himself out than to be covered with poo/fling/fingernail scratches.

Like a Frankenstein of Abnormal proportions, some here can claim partial propping of the monster that just keeps giving. Me personally I tire of saying "I told you --> character counts".

Dealing with Trump has always been like swallowing a diamond. When you are all done, your bowels are torn to shreds and there is shit all over the place.  But Trump (the diamond) comes out just fine.  He was that way as a property developer, and he is that way as a politician.

His SCOTUS appointments have more than justified my vote for him as far as I am concerned.  His biggest contribution to the GOP is that he has made it as ruthless as the other party.  That might be good, or that might be bad, but I don't think we are ever going back to being "country club nice" and accepting our losses.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 04:14:15 pm »
Dealing with Trump has always been like swallowing a diamond. When you are all done, your bowels are torn to shreds and there is shit all over the place.  But Trump (the diamond) comes out just fine.  He was that way as a property developer, and he is that way as a politician.

His SCOTUS appointments have more than justified my vote for him as far as I am concerned.  His biggest contribution to the GOP is that he has made it as ruthless as the other party.  That might be good, or that might be bad, but I don't think we are ever going back to being "country club nice" and accepting our losses.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 04:26:56 pm »

@massadvj

Nothing you or anyone else can say will change the Trump Hater's minds. They hate him because he was born into wealth and has made even more money,and they will always hate him for it.

Oh,they will deny him being wealthy has anything to do with it,but that is at the root of their hatred.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 04:42:18 pm »
The 2024 Pretenders to the GOP Throne wish Trump was done, but he's not.

Whomever wants to be the GOP nominee for President in 2024 has to go through Trump to get it.

Some of the Ivy League manicure-pedicure prep school debate team country club Republicans in the US Senate better steel themselves for a bare-knuckle street fight.  They will need to get blood on their hands and dirt under their fingernails if they want to have a chance.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 04:48:17 pm »

That might be good, or that might be bad, but I don't think we are ever going back to being "country club nice" and accepting our losses.

Seriously?    Have you met Kevin McCarthy?  Mitch McConnell?  Liz Cheney?  Mike Pence?  George Bush?

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 05:00:13 pm »
Dealing with Trump has always been like swallowing a diamond. When you are all done, your bowels are torn to shreds and there is shit all over the place.  But Trump (the diamond) comes out just fine.

And this time Trump comes with an army of diamonds 75+ million strong who are in no mood for round two of "clutter of the wanabes".

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 05:23:38 pm »
Seriously?    Have you met Kevin McCarthy?  Mitch McConnell?  Liz Cheney?  Mike Pence?  George Bush?

Every one of these people is a dinosaur in the party, and they know it. The people who are moving up in the party are doing it by taking a page from Trump's playbook and being attack dogs: DeSantis, Cruz and Rand Paul.  None of these people will "out Trump Trump" in all likelihood, but I would like to see at least one try instead of just anointing Trump the nominee.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:30:36 pm by massadvj »

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 06:05:07 pm »
Every one of these people is a dinosaur in the party, and they know it. The people who are moving up in the party are doing it by taking a page from Trump's playbook and being attack dogs: DeSantis, Cruz and Rand Paul.  None of these people will "out Trump Trump" in all likelihood, but I would like to see at least one try instead of just anointing Trump the nominee.

They're wounded animals, not dinosours ----- making them willing to do anything to save their status quo from extinction.  I, for one, do not underestimate them.

I don't think DeSantis or Cruz are "attack dogs".  I think they're attack dog wannabes.  Cruz, in particular, fails miserbly when challenged.  Both men need some maturing before they move up ---- let them stand the test of at least some time before they're given the keys to the kingdom.

Rand Paul is the attack dog.  He's the guy who stands on principle, does his homework, fine tunes his message and broadcasts it without mercy.  Paul starts parades instead of diddling around wondering which one to join.  I hope Paul has a "first among equals" presence in Trump's second term. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 12:08:17 pm »
@massadvj

Nothing you or anyone else can say will change the Trump Hater's minds. They hate him because he was born into wealth and has made even more money,and they will always hate him for it.

Oh,they will deny him being wealthy has anything to do with it,but that is at the root of their hatred.

@sneakypete .... Okay, enough is enough.

You do know that most of us here know that retelling the same fib over and over does not make it true. It is a democrat tactic.

Lets rephrase your rant... /Start Sarcasm.... Nothing you or anyone else can say will change the Trump Worshiper's minds. They Love him because he was born into wealth and has made even more money, and they will always Love him for it. /End Sarcasm

Now without actually naming who I suppose to be talking about, go thread to thread repeating the same thing (without proof, other than you know it). 

You do know most of those you claim hate Trump for one thing (based on morals, past positions, not being a true conservative, installing a lukewarm Supreme Court Justice and several gun grabber judges elsewhere, not honoring the 2nd, ect...)  actually never criticize him due to his money. Why? Well despite being one of the Ten Commandments of what NOT to do, there is the fact that most real conservatives want there not to be poor people, why? Because they are the most expensive segment in society to keep up, and the means for the upward mobility partly rests on rich folks being part of the ladder up.

Come up with a new backdoor to try to insult me Sneaky, this one is getting old.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 12:46:41 pm »
Coulter is cuckoo. I think you have to consider Trump the presumptive nominee unless someone steps up and beats him in Iowa and beyond.  If Trump is "weak" I certainly don't see a lot of people willing to take him on.  I see Ted Cruz, Ron DeSantis and Rand Paul angling for airtime.  Maybe one of them will make a run.  Maybe. But I am inclined to think they will stay out if Trump is in, for the simple reason that they can read the tea leaves better than Coulter can.

Personally, I hope someone does make a run at Trump. I'd like the opportunity to choose from a big menu of candidates.

@massadvj

What the hell, Victor...wasn't SIXTEEN in the field back in 2016 enough to show you who's the REAL boss?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 01:28:16 pm »
@sneakypete .... Okay, enough is enough.

You do know that most of us here know that retelling the same fib over and over does not make it true. It is a democrat tactic.

@Sighlass

So why do you and your fellow "class warriors" keep doing it?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 02:39:09 pm »
@massadvj

What the hell, Victor...wasn't SIXTEEN in the field back in 2016 enough to show you who's the REAL boss?   :laugh:

Let's have at least four or five this time.  I'd be the first to admit Trump's primary victory in 2016 was stunning.  I said so at the time.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 02:43:04 pm »
Rand Paul is the attack dog.  He's the guy who stands on principle, does his homework, fine tunes his message and broadcasts it without mercy.  Paul starts parades instead of diddling around wondering which one to join.  I hope Paul has a "first among equals" presence in Trump's second term.

I am glad you like Rand Paul.  He is my first choice for POTUS, though I don't think he stands much more of a chance than his father did.  His father is looking very wise these days.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 03:29:27 pm »
I am glad you like Rand Paul.  He is my first choice for POTUS, though I don't think he stands much more of a chance than his father did.  His father is looking very wise these days.

Once upon a time, years before he entered the political arena, Ron Paul lived a few doors down the street from me in Lake Jackson, Texas.  He signed my youngest son's birth certificate, and played a large role in my economic education.  I will forever be in his debt for that. He is a genius in that area.

I worked on his very first political campaign (we lost that one). Two years later he won and I was on my way to the Middle East.  Rand was still very young at that time and I only came to know him many years later but can tell you that apples don't fall very far from the tree.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 11:20:59 pm »
Once upon a time, years before he entered the political arena, Ron Paul lived a few doors down the street from me in Lake Jackson, Texas.  He signed my youngest son's birth certificate, and played a large role in my economic education.  I will forever be in his debt for that. He is a genius in that area.

I worked on his very first political campaign (we lost that one). Two years later he won and I was on my way to the Middle East.  Rand was still very young at that time and I only came to know him many years later but can tell you that apples don't fall very far from the tree.

Such a deep well you are, Earl.  :thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 01:12:09 am »
Such a deep well you are, Earl.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Victor!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien