Author Topic: LAPD identifies Brianna Kupfer's suspected killer  (Read 1077 times)

Offline mrclose

LAPD identifies Brianna Kupfer's suspected killer
« on: January 19, 2022, 04:15:35 am »
LAPD identifies Brianna Kupfer's suspected killer as a career criminal who was out on $1K bail

Los Angeles police have identified the suspect wanted in the fatal stabbing of UCLA grad student Brianna Kupfer, who was brutally slain at her job in a luxury furniture store.

Shawn Laval Smith, 31, was named by LAPD on Tuesday night as the suspect captured on video in chilling footage as he calmly purchased a vape pen from a 7-Eleven 30 minutes after the cold-blooded murder.

'He should be considered armed and dangerous. If seen do not approach, call 911,' police said in a statement.

Los Angles County Sheriff's Department records list Smith as currently free on a $1,000 bail from a misdemeanor arrest in October 2020.

The nature of the charge wasn't immediately clear, and it was unclear why the case was still unresolved.

Smith has been recently seen in Pasadena, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Covina, San Diego and San Francisco, police said.

The suspected killer has a lengthy criminal record, with dozens of prior charges in North Carolina and South Carolina.

Smith's prior charges include assault with a deadly weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, assault on a police officer, trespassing, possession of a stolen vehicle, and misdemeanors for larceny and possession of stolen goods.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10416901/LAPD-identifies-Brianna-Kupfers-suspected-killer-Shawn-Laval-Smith.html
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: LAPD identifies Brianna Kupfer's suspected killer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 04:29:18 am »
Another preventable death.

She joins dozens of others, not to mention the COVID slaughter.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 04:52:01 am »
Weird all the way around.
Why was she alone in the store?
Why would a homeless thug go into a furniture store, except to rob it?
Why was nothing taken? (at least empty the register)
Why did he not take her purse?

We do not know what went on. But the report reads as if he was walking down the street. Then he went into a furniture store for no reason at all. Then he stabbed the girl for no reason at all with nothing taken. Then he calmly walked out and went to 7/11. Why?

Even if he is psychotic, this is not how even crazy people behave. I don't know? None of this makes any sense. It doesn't even make crazy sense.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 04:58:48 am »
No reason?
The White House and media pushes "white hate", day in and day out!

As for being homeless?
The monster sure gets around!

@240B
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 05:10:11 am »
No reason?
The White House and media pushes "white hate", day in and day out!

As for being homeless?
The monster sure gets around!

@240B
'They' will have their race war, no matter who it hurts.
Drugs, abortion, crappy lifestyles, street gang crap, and AIDS just aren't killing blacks off fast enough.
Not even paying inner city folks to get fat has them dropping over quick enough from heart attacks and diabetes.
It might seem like the 'war' being agitated for is against whites, but we know who would win that fight.
It's the Media and the Democrats pushing for some folks to bite off more than they can chew, seriously outnumbered, and against a group that is slow to anger, but when it gets pissed enough, sets the world on fire.

And yeah, the "hate whitey" bit is getting oppressive.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 07:30:17 am »
A spokesperson for Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascón, who took office in December 2020 with a vow to stop prosecuting many misdemeanors, did not immediately respond to an inquiry from DailyMail.com on Tuesday night.

Smith is also currently free on a $50,000 bond in Charleston, South Carolina in relation to a November 2019 arrest on suspicion of firing a weapon into an occupied vehicle, court records show.

An indictment in that case was handed down on March 16, 2020, just before COVID-19 paralyzed the courts, and the docket shows no further action on the case.

If he is out on bond in South Carolina and subsequently commits a crime in California, then California is obligated to keep him in jail and notify South Carolina that the suspect is to be picked up for transfer back to South Carolina.  Under no circumstances is the suspect to be granted a second bond and released.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 07:48:15 am »
There need to be flyers made up with his picture posted everywhere, you know the type they used to have in the west? Wanted Dead Or Alive, but preferably dead please.

If we are beset by predatory animals then we need to create Kersey Brigades to put them down.

It's a matter of survival plain and simple.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 10:13:01 am »
I vividly recall back decades ago, that Rio de Janeiro had a specific way of dealing with these sorts of crimes by homeless kids...street kids who literally became feral in their attempt to survive.

They created "Death Squads" of policemen who "Now and Then" would go out after midnight and simply execute/disappear them.

https://apnews.com/article/4c6093e96a155f4bfca2158ee2c43648
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 11:41:20 am »
If he is out on bond in South Carolina and subsequently commits a crime in California, then California is obligated to keep him in jail and notify South Carolina that the suspect is to be picked up for transfer back to South Carolina.  Under no circumstances is the suspect to be granted a second bond and released.

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 02:39:09 pm »

Shawn Laval Smith, 31, is wanted for the murder of Brianna Kupfer in Los Angeles. He has a lengthy rap sheet
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 05:30:19 pm »
Yeah good luck with that in L.A. where they have a POS Soros DA.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 05:39:11 pm »

Shawn Laval Smith, 31, is wanted for the murder of Brianna Kupfer in Los Angeles. He has a lengthy rap sheet
Thanks for finding his picture, now I can do the poster right.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 05:40:10 pm »
I vividly recall back decades ago, that Rio de Janeiro had a specific way of dealing with these sorts of crimes by homeless kids...street kids who literally became feral in their attempt to survive.

They created "Death Squads" of policemen who "Now and Then" would go out after midnight and simply execute/disappear them.

https://apnews.com/article/4c6093e96a155f4bfca2158ee2c43648
Didn't Brazil do the same?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 06:14:55 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 06:44:12 pm »
Didn't Brazil do the same?

@GtHawk

Yep, it's one and the same. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 05:27:32 am »

Ah man, kick a guy when he has a geography lapse will ya! I don't know where my brain was but I'm gonna blame it on my BP running in the high 150's over 90's for the last week.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 05:28:41 am »
@GtHawk

Yep, it's one and the same.
Yup feelin gooberish over that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 06:35:40 am »
Ah man, kick a guy when he has a geography lapse will ya! I don't know where my brain was but I'm gonna blame it on my BP running in the high 150's over 90's for the last week.

No worries.  Pictures always help.  The visual stays in your brain longer.  Probably wouldn't have happened if Brazilians spoke Spanish instead of Portuguese.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 08:44:37 am »
Yup feelin gooberish over that.

@GtHawk

LOL!   I'm still living down "Hare's Breath" (hair's breadth) from 2009   :beer:   :silly: