Author Topic: Democrats are shattering Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream  (Read 137 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats are shattering Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream
« on: January 18, 2022, 05:53:55 pm »
Democrats are shattering Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream
by Christopher Tremoglie
 | January 18, 2022 09:14 AM

On Monday, the country celebrated the life and legacy of civil rights hero Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. King had a dream that all people were created equal — the core tenets of the Declaration of Independence. He thought individuals should be judged on their character and not their race. He envisioned a world that allowed black and white people to live together in peaceful unity.

His vision ultimately cost him his life. Yet, despite his sacrifice, Democrats in the 21st century have shattered King’s dream.

King’s “I Have a Dream” speech is one of the most iconic speeches in world history. In the speech, he listed the grievances of racial inequality that had plagued the country. More importantly, he shared his visions of what he hoped for the future. King's visions looked nothing like the society Democrats have tried to create in the 21st century.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/democrats-are-shattering-dr-martin-luther-kings-dream?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Beltway+Confidential&utm_term=www.washingtonexaminer.com

rangerrebew

Re: Democrats are shattering Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 06:02:49 pm »
I believe whole heartedly the democrats are trashing MLK since they have adopted BLM as their go to "Civil Rights" leaders.  In fact, I don't see any reason for Dr. King's statues or monuments as he promoted non-violence and the thugs of BLM support violence in their guidance of democrats.  Just like the democrats want to get rid of mention of people who were Southern leaders during the Civil War. they should accept that people who no longer, in their philosophies, represent the "new" democrat party, monuments to them have no place in the public domain, MLK being one of them.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 06:03:46 pm »
They've trashed his dream, but they are trying to coopt him for their own ulterior purposes.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 06:20:01 pm »

King’s “I Have a Dream” speech is one of the most iconic speeches in world history. In the speech, he listed the grievances of racial inequality that had plagued the country. More importantly, he shared his visions of what he hoped for the future. King's visions looked nothing like the society Democrats have tried to create in the 21st century.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/democrats-are-shattering-dr-martin-luther-kings-dream?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Beltway+Confidential&utm_term=www.washingtonexaminer.com

I remind my grandchildren his real dreams often.  I found this video that is quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKpTwYUh5RU