Author Topic: Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried under fire for comparing Gov. DeSantis to Hitler  (Read 221 times)

Offline libertybele

Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried under fire for comparing Gov. DeSantis to Hitler

Gubernatorial Candidate and Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried is under fire for comparing Governor Ron DeSantis Hitler. Comparing the governor to Hitler is not smart politics, but for some people, the comparison has nothing to do with politics at all.

Hitler’s name is synonymous with the swastika, concentration camps and the murder of millions.

On Friday, in a radio interview with NPR, Fried put Hitler in the same breath with the man she hopes to replace, Ron DeSantis.

“That’s what dictators do. Instead of listening and trying to govern with the people, he’s trying to govern over the people, and you know that I’m sorry, you know, I am a student of history, too. I saw the rise of Hitler; I learned those stories,” said Fried during the interview with NPR.

NPR asked her, “are you comparing DeSantis? To Hitler?” She responded saying, “in a lot of ways, yes.”

Fried accused DeSantis of taking away people’s ability to protest, making it harder for them to vote, banning books and removing power from local governments.

But political scientist Aubrey Jewett said people won’t hear any of that. He said when you bring up Hitler, all anyone hears is Hitler.

“Unless you’re literally talking about someone who is espousing Nazi views, and is proudly proclaiming that they’re trying to resurrect a Hitler like, stay, then you shouldn’t compare him to Hitler in American politics, it almost never works well,” said Jewett.

Jewett believes invoking Hitler hurts Fried’s bid for governor but does not end it...........

https://www.winknews.com/2022/01/17/agriculture-commissioner-nikki-fried-under-fire-for-comparing-gov-desantis-to-hitler/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.