Author Topic: Cold case team shines new light on betrayal of Anne Frank  (Read 942 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cold case team shines new light on betrayal of Anne Frank
« on: January 17, 2022, 11:56:34 pm »
Cold case team shines new light on betrayal of Anne Frank

A cold case team that combed through evidence for five years in a bid to unravel one of World War II’s enduring mysteries has reached what it calls the “most likely scenario” of who betrayed Jewish teenage diarist Anne Frank and her family

By MIKE CORDER Associated Press
January 17, 2022, 2:56 PM

AMSTERDAM -- A cold case team that combed through evidence for five years in a bid to unravel one of World War II's enduring mysteries has reached what it calls the “most likely scenario” of who betrayed Jewish teenage diarist Anne Frank and her family.

Their answer, outlined in a new book called “The Betrayal of Anne Frank A Cold Case Investigation,” by Canadian academic and author Rosemary Sullivan, is that it could have been a prominent Jewish notary called Arnold van den Bergh, who disclosed the secret annex hiding place of the Frank family to German occupiers to save his own family from deportation and murder in Nazi concentration camps.

“We have investigated over 30 suspects in 20 different scenarios, leaving one scenario we like to refer to as the most likely scenario,” said film maker Thijs Bayens, who had the idea to put together the cold case team, that was led by retired FBI agent Vincent Pankoke, to forensically examine the evidence.

Bayens was quick to add that, "we don’t have 100% certainty.”

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wireStory/cold-case-team-shines-light-betrayal-anne-frank-82309339
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Cold case team shines new light on betrayal of Anne Frank
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 12:00:05 am »
If they can use AI to track down hidden networks from WWII, just imagine what can be done with Fecebook, Twitter, Cell phone messages, and the like.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 12:10:02 am »
It's terrifying what people will do when confronted with fascism.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 12:10:42 am »
It's terrifying what people will do when confronted with fascism.
Most people are a week of hunger from selling out for a crust of bread.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 12:13:36 am »

Yes.  And, IMHO, the more convinced someone is that they wouldn't, the more likely it is that they would.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 03:56:24 pm »
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/01/europe/anne-frank-dutch-publisher-intl-scli/index.html
Publisher halts Anne Frank betrayal book amid questions on research
Story by Reuters
Updated 1508 GMT (2308 HKT) February 1, 2022

Amsterdam, Netherlands - A Dutch publisher has suspended printing of a book that suggested a Jewish notary betrayed Anne Frank, saying there were questions about the research behind it, according to an internal email seen by Reuters.

"The Betrayal of Anne Frank," released on January 18, caused a sensation when it said investigators had named Arnold van den Bergh as the main suspect. Other researchers later criticized the findings, saying they were "full of errors."

The publisher of the Dutch-language edition, Ambo Anthos, said in an email to its own authors on Monday morning that it should have taken a more "critical stance" on the publication.

"We await the answers from the researchers to the questions that have emerged and are delaying the decision to print another run," the email from the Amsterdam firm said. "We offer our sincere apologies to anyone who might feel offended by the book." ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 07:27:49 am »
Smokin Joe...

Hmmm, that might be true for a number of people, but I say it would be just a few days before gangs would begin roving neighborhoods, breaking in and stealing everything not nailed down.  And of course, killing anyone that got in their way.  Days!!!  By the time a week went by, I can imagine thousands dead.  As heavily armed as we are in the USA, a number of the gangs' members would be blown away without a thought, but far more innocent folks would die.  One month of no food, and I can easily see millions dead across the USA.  Yes, millions.

What percent of people have enough food, water, and the necessary defenses to keep it?  I venture less than 5%.  The rest will be faced with taking it from others or dying.

Becoming thoroughly knowledgeable in survival methods I believe is essential for survival into the future.  No telling when the whole system will go to hell.  But rest assured, there is no certainty for a secure future.

The Road, a gruesome movie, and when I saw it back when it came out, I thought no way.  Now, I see it as easily happening.  Easily!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 07:29:35 am by jafo2010 »