Author Topic: CNN Tanking: Six Reasons For Its Failures  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN Tanking: Six Reasons For Its Failures
« on: January 16, 2022, 03:13:15 pm »
CNN Tanking: Six Reasons For Its Failures

by The BSC TeamJanuary 16, 2022

n this installment of their weekly Sunday Six conversation, PF Whalen and Parker Beauregard of The Blue State Conservative discuss six examples of the ruination of the once-great Cable News Network (CNN) .

#6: The ratings for CNN continue to crash.

PF: It strikes me that many of our readers, particularly millennials, may be surprised to see our labeling of CNN as “once-great.” Anyone who only became aware of the network in the last decade or two likely assumes CNN has always been essentially just another branch of the Democratic Party’s communication department. But that assumption would be incorrect. While CNN, like most other news networks, has always leaned to the left, that bias was mostly subdued in the late-1980s and 1990s. They behaved like a news network should: Prioritize the accuracy of your reporting without spin and save your editorializing for appropriate programming.

During the Gulf War in 1991, CNN shone like no other news network before. Their access to official military footage, embedded reporters, and around-the-clock coverage of the conflict reset the standard for war reporting, and we all tuned into the network to watch America kick the crap out of Saddam Hussein. It was at this time that CNN’s slogan of “The most trusted name in news” might have been accurate. But not anymore.

CNN’s credibility is a joke, and their ratings are ‘exhibit A’ for that assertion. No one is watching CNN anymore because no one believes a word that they say. During the first week of this year, CNN’s ratings were down by as much as 90% over last year in both overall viewership and in key demographics. When nine out of ten viewers just stop tuning in, those numbers don’t just represent a sharp drop, they represent an absolute freefall.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/01/16/cnn-tanking-six-reasons-for-its-failure/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: CNN Tanking: Six Reasons For Its Failures
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 03:13:58 pm »
CNN was pretty good in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 07:51:35 pm »
:pondering: Seems to me there is a quote by someone, can't recall who, "Everything woke turns to shit". CNN has been on the woke train for decades, they just transferred to the bullet train express to hell.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 07:55:20 pm »
:pondering: Seems to me there is a quote by someone, can't recall who, "Everything woke turns to shit". CNN has been on the woke train for decades, they just transferred to the bullet train express to hell.

I think the transformation from more-or-less journalistic outfit to avowed propaganda outlet started in earnest in the late 1990s.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 08:28:30 pm »
Let's see. CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC, CBS, ABC are all competing for the same customers.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 02:08:15 am »

Gulf War I made them.  Choosing to support national marxists destroyed them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 02:44:47 am »

@Kamaji

You must have been running a fever for 20 years or so.

Remember "Operation Tailwind"? The end result was it cost CNN millions of dollars in damage payouts,they lost their new "flagship news program",and had to fire a bunch of producers.

That's just one example. A couple of years later they were purposely editing news footage in Moscow to show the CCP candidate had massive support,including from all the military seen when they scanned the crowds.

The truth was the military was there to protect the Communists,including the Communist buttcracks from the most important church in Moscow,whose "Pope" cut a deal with the Communist Party to support them if they promised to ban all churches but theirs.

I was actually IN Red Square at the time this was happening,watching it all. Some of the Russians in the hotel lobby with me were so upset about this they were shaking. I told them,"No problem. Give me a M-60 or a RPD with a few box magazines,and I can clear up this little problem in a matter of minutes."

Which resulted in huge smiles,slaps on my back,and offers to buy me drinks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 02:46:11 am »
I think the transformation from more-or-less journalistic outfit to avowed propaganda outlet started in earnest in the late 1990s.

@Kamaji

You kidding? CNN was founded by "Red Ted Turner",Jane Fonda's husband.  It was ALWAYS a leftist toilet bowl.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 02:53:14 am »
@Kamaji

You kidding? CNN was founded by "Red Ted Turner",Jane Fonda's husband.  It was ALWAYS a leftist toilet bowl.

Ted Turner also donated a billion dollars to the U.N.  He's a leftist to the core. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.