Author Topic: Rabbi, congregants held hostage at Colleyville, Texas synagogue: cops (Breaking)  (Read 2381 times)

Offline mountaineer

Texas Rabbi: Security Training Paid Off in Hostage Standoff
Monday, 17 January 2022 08:00 AM

U.S. and British authorities Monday continued an investigation into the weekend standoff at a Texas synagogue that ended with an armed British national dead and a rabbi crediting past security training for getting him and three members of his congregation out safely.

Authorities identified the hostage-taker as a 44-year-old British national, Malik Faisal Akram, who was killed Saturday night after the last hostages ran out of Congregation Beth Israel around 9 p.m. The FBI said there was no early indication that anyone else was involved, but it had not provided a possible motive. ...

Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker said security training at his suburban Fort Worth congregation over the years is what allowed him and the other three hostages to make it through the 10-hour ordeal, which he described as traumatic.

“In the last hour of our hostage crisis, the gunman became increasingly belligerent and threatening,” Cytron-Walker said in a statement. “Without the instruction we received, we would not have been prepared to act and flee when the situation presented itself.” ...

Cytron-Walker said his congregation had received training from local authorities and the Secure Community Network, which was founded in 2004 by a coalition of Jewish organizations and describes itself as “the official safety and security organization” of the Jewish community in North America. Michael Masters, the CEO of the organization, said the congregation had provided security training in August and had not been previously aware of Akram. ...
Newsmax

After the Tree of Life synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh, it became quite clear that congregations needed to step up their security measures. American Friends of Magen David Adom also offers church/synagogue security advice to American congregations free of charge. See: https://www.savinglivesinisrael.org/emergencyresponsenetwork/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Glad they had some security training.

Online Hoodat

Malik Faisal Akram: Everything we know about the Texas synagogue hostage-taker

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/malik-faisal-akram-british-texas-hostages-b1994455.html

Jewish leaders have reportedly condemned the FBI's apparent suggestion that an attack on a synagogue could be unrelated to antisemitism, particularly considering the potential link to Siddiqui. Throughout her trial, she made antisemitic statements, and at one point demanded the jury be genetically-tested so Jewish people could be excluded.

Perhaps Jewish leaders should reconsider whether it is in their best interests to vote for Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI Claim Texas Hostage Situation ‘Not Specifically Targeting Jews’ Slammed as ‘Absurd’

The gunman who held worshipers hostage at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, was “not specifically” targeting the Jewish community, the Special Agent in charge of FBI Dallas claimed shortly after the attack, prompting incredulity from critics in light of “Lady Al-Qaeda’s” vociferous antisemitic rhetoric.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2022/01/17/fbi-claim-texas-hostage-situation-not-specifically-targeting-jews-slammed-as-absurd/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Two teens arrested in UK in connection with Texas hostage-taking
Issued on: 17/01/2022 - 05:57

The man who held four people hostage at a Texas synagogue was identified by US authorities as a British citizen Sunday while UK police later arrested two teens over an attack that President Joe Biden called an “act of terror.”
Advertising

The captor, who died in the 10-hour siege in the small town of Colleyville on Saturday, was named by the FBI as 44-year-old Malik Faisal Akram.

Hours later, Britain’s counter terrorism police arrested two people and were questioning them in connection with the incident.

“Two teenagers were detained in South Manchester this evening. They remain in custody,” the Greater Manchester Police said in a statement. ...
France24

I suspect they'll be released soon. That seems to be the way it goes.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:14:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

Took them long enough.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Took them long enough.

Still worth noting what their first inclinations are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Still worth noting what their first inclinations are.

Of course it is.  And that cannot simply be swept under the rug, in no small part than because that initial inclination will color - and probably corrupt - this subsequent investigation.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Colleyville Rabbi credits survival to active-shooter training
Axios56 mins ago - Politics & Policy

Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker, one of the people taken hostage in a synagogue outside Fort Worth on Saturday, said in an interview with CBS Monday that he initially took in the man because he thought he needed shelter.

The big picture: Cytron-Walker said he spoke to the hostage taker, identified by the FBI as 44-year-old British national Malik Faisal Akram, for several minutes and made him tea before Akram took the rabbi and three other people hostage during Shabbat services for around 11 hours in Colleyville, Texas.

https://www.axios.com/colleyville-synagogue-hostage-survivor-rabbi-845c4135-ea83-4d91-a6bb-4afb4c8715d3.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EdinVA

Took them long enough.
The brits called it a terrorist event last night and forced the FBI's hand otherwise we would be stuck with the same old song

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The brits called it a terrorist event last night and forced the FBI's hand otherwise we would be stuck with the same old song

:yowsa: Thank you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Chalk one up for the Brits!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Admits More Gun Control Wouldn’t Have Stopped Synagogue Attacker

Allegedly, [Akram] purchased…[the weapons] on the street.  Now what that means, I don’t know.  Whether he purchased it from an individual in a homeless shelter or a homeless community, or whether — because that’s where he said he was — it’s hard to tell.  I just don’t know.

…The guns are — we should be — the idea of background checks are critical.  But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/17/biden-admits-more-gun-control-wouldnt-have-stopped-synagogue-attacker/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You'll be happy to know that it had nothing to do with Jews!

Wanna know how I know?

The FBI told me! [/Sarc

@mrclose

And some people still wonder why I call them "Feebs".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Terrified’ Rabbi Hurled Chair at Synagogue Hostage Terrorist Before Fleeing Scene

A rabbi who was among four people held at gunpoint at the Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, said he and the remaining hostages managed to escape the synagogue after he threw a chair at the hostage-taker.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2022/01/17/terrified-rabbi-hurled-chair-at-synagogue-hostage-terrorist-before-fleeing-scene/
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

You'll be happy to know that it had nothing to do with Jews!

Wanna know how I know?

The FBI told me! [/Sarc

This is the shifting narrative. First they tried their best to declare this was an antisemitic White guy full of White rage and White Supremacy. When that failed profoundly, the narrative shifted to, He is a Muslim but not an antisemitic Muslim, as if they can read his mind and know his motivations. The point is, once Liberals found out he was not White, they immediately and very predictably shifted to, 'Well, it wasn't really that bad.' Now they will bury this story before the end of the month.

If this had been done by a White person, Liberals would be using it to justify their Jan 6 inquisition, and their hatred for all things American. The story would be front page news for the rest of the year. As it turned out, in a couple of months the whole thing will disappear from Google and all media outlets.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:31:22 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hostages at Colleyville Synagogue Were Rescued by Themselves, Not the FBI

Legal Insurrection by  Mike LaChance 1/18/2022

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/01/hostages-at-colleyville-synagogue-were-rescued-by-themselves-not-the-fbi/

“I told them to go, I threw a chair at the gunman and I headed for the door”

New details are emerging about the hostage situation at the synagogue in Colleyville, TX, over the weekend. It turns out that the FBI did not rescue the hostages. They saved themselves.

Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker spoke with CBS News on Monday.

Nelson Oliveira reports at CBS News:

Rabbi threw chair at gunman before he and other hostages escaped Texas synagogue: “It was terrifying”

A rabbi who was among the four hostages held during a nearly 11-hour standoff at a Texas synagogue managed to escape after throwing a chair at the gunman, he told “CBS Mornings” on Monday.

Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker said he and the two other remaining hostages were “terrified,” especially during the last hour of the standoff Saturday night because the suspect “wasn’t getting what he wanted.” It was at that point that Cytron-Walker saw an opportunity to act.

The rabbi said he first made sure the other hostages were ready to run and that the group wasn’t too far from the exit.

“I told them to go, I threw a chair at the gunman and I headed for the door,” he said. “And all three of us were able to get out without even a shot being fired.”

Offline EdinVA

Texas synagogue hostage suspect's 'extreme' views surfaced at jailhouse mosque after 2012 theft conviction

Malik Faisal Akram, 44, had a criminal record, an official at the U.K.'s Justice Department confirmed to Fox News. His last brush with the law was in 2012 when he was convicted of theft and harassment.

During the time he was in prison for that conviction, Akram, who had prior criminal offenses, reportedly conducted himself in an "extreme" manner when attending the jail's mosque, and one observer noted he was "obsessed" with Islam, according to the British official.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-synagogue-hostage-suspect-criminal-record-obsessed-islam

I guess we don't check people who come here...

Offline mountaineer

Malik Akram called NY number before taking Texas synagogue hostage: report
By Larry Celona and Gabrielle Fonrouge   
January 18, 2022 5:09pm

The armed terrorist who took four people hostage inside a Texas synagogue made phone calls to someone with a New York number before the incident, it was revealed Tuesday.

Shortly after Malik Faisal Akram arrived in New York on Dec. 29, he purchased a cell phone with a New York area code and made a number of calls to the individual, who also had a number from New York, according to law enforcement sources and the Washington Post.

Investigators probing the incident have identified that person and told the outlet it doesn’t appear they had anything to do with Akram’s plan.

Law enforcement sources told The Post Akram had also used the phone to make calls to his family in the UK to ask for money and tell them he was headed to Texas to get married.  ... NY Post

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I read earlier today (elsewhere) that Akram was driven to the mosque by someone who apparently knew him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had some "help" with his plans, and that someone here assisted him in obtaining the gun he used. Or just provided it to him, free of charge.

Offline dfwgator

I read earlier today (elsewhere) that Akram was driven to the mosque by someone who apparently knew him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had some "help" with his plans, and that someone here assisted him in obtaining the gun he used. Or just provided it to him, free of charge.

And you can bet the FBI is suppressing that knowledge.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@dfwgator

I'm a little surprised the Feebs aren't claiming the NRA gave it to him at Trump's request.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One way they suppressed it is by sending in 70 agents to ensure he did not talk by executing him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I guess we don't check people who come here...
Sure we did. 

He is able to travel freely on his own recognizance by the TSA

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,459346.msg2567453.html#msg2567453
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington