Author Topic: Gov. Ron DeSantis dismisses rumors of tensions with Trump after booster shot criticism: 'I think thi  (Read 258 times)

Online libertybele

Gov. Ron DeSantis dismisses rumors of tensions with Trump after booster shot criticism: 'I think this is what the media does'

Gov. Ron DeSantis dismissed reports of tensions with former President Donald Trump in a live interview with the popular Ruthless podcast taped in St. Petersburg, Florida on Friday.

One of the show's hosts told DeSantis, who's widely viewed as a likely 2024 presidential contender, that the media is "trying to drive a wedge between you and one of your constituents here in Florida, former President Trump."

"Is there any sort of animosity? What's that relationship like?...I want to know what that dynamic is like," he asked the governor.

"I think this is what the media does," DeSantis replied. "You cannot fall for the bait..you know what they're trying to do, so just don't take it. Just keep on keeping on. We need everybody united for a big red wave in 2022. We've gotta fight the left, and not only fight, but beat the left. And that's what we're doing in Florida."........

https://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-dismisses-rumors-of-trump-tensions-after-booster-criticism-2022-1
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The perfect answer.   Ron is the man!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

The perfect answer.   Ron is the man!

:thumbsup:

He certainly seems to think well on his feet.

Online libertybele

Exactly.  "Keep on keeping on". So far he's proven to be a conservative machine.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis Says He Regrets Not Opposing Trump Administration’s Lockdown Calls—As Tensions Grow With Ex-President
Forbes, Jan 14, 2022

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said on a podcast episode that aired Friday one of his biggest regrets in office was not speaking “much louder” against the Trump Administration’s calls for lockdowns in the early days of the pandemic, with the comments coming just days after former President Donald Trump appeared to label DeSantis “gutless.”

DeSantis said on the conservative podcast “Ruthless” he believes Trump Administration officials like Dr. Anthony Fauci “panicked” as Covid-19 quickly spread around the U.S. in March of 2020, leading to calls for lockdowns.

If DeSantis was opposed to lockdowns in the early days of the pandemic, that view was not reflected in his actions. In March 2020, DeSantis ordered schools to shut down, closed down bars and prohibited indoor dining at restaurants, like many other governors did.

But some of Florida’s restrictions went far beyond that of many other states and the guidance issued by the federal government, such as requiring travelers from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana to self-isolate for two weeks after entering the state. DeSantis even ordered police checkpoints to be set up on interstates to monitor travelers coming into Florida. Restrictions for New York area travelers were not lifted until August 2020.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/01/14/desantis-says-he-regrets-not-opposing-trump-administrations-lockdown-calls-as-tensions-grow-with-ex-president/?sh=33956fc246c2

These boys need to play nice. 

And, Ron, you need to keep your eyes on the Governor's Mansion and off the White House.  Prioritize, Governor.

Online libertybele

These boys need to play nice. 

And, Ron, you need to keep your eyes on the Governor's Mansion and off the White House.  Prioritize, Governor.

DeSantis has stated several times that he's not interested in the oval office. His focus is on FL (and right now his wife who is battling cancer).

He was asked what he would do differently ... and his answer was that he wouldn't have shutdown.  It was not a direct attack on Trump and DeSantis has publicly dismissed the rumors about tension between the two of them.

Trump launched DeSantis' career and I believe the two are friends. If anything I see DeSantis helping Trump who has permanently set up residence in FL.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 03:22:49 pm by libertybele »