Author Topic: Report: Liz Cheney May Subpoena Kevin McCarthy After His Refusal to Cooperate with January 6 Committ  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Liz Cheney May Subpoena Kevin McCarthy After His Refusal to Cooperate with January 6 Committee

Wendell Husebø 13 Jan 2022

Democrat-allied Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Wednesday reportedly said she may subpoena House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA). This comes after McCarthy communicated he would not cooperate with the January 6 Committee.

“I wish that he were a brave and honorable man. He’s clearly trying to cover up what happened. He has an obligation to come forward, and we’ll get to the truth,” Cheney told CNN.

Cheney’s comments came on the day McCarthy announced in a letter he would not participate in the select committee’s “abuse of power that stains” the House “and will harm it going forward.” Breitbart News reported McCarthy’s letter explaining his refusal and detailing the committee’s abuses of power:

This committee is not conducting a legitimate investigation as Speaker Pelosi took the unprecedented action of rejecting the Republican members I named to serve on the committee. It is not serving any legislative purpose. The committee’s only objective is to attempt to damage its political opponents – acting like the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee one day and the DOJ the next.

The committee has demanded testimony from staffers who applied for First Amendment permits. It has subpoenaed the call records of private citizens and their financial records from banks while demanding secrecy not supported by law. It has lied about the contents of documents it has received. It has held individuals in contempt of Congress for exercising their Constitutional right to avail themselves of judicial proceedings. And now it wants to interview me about public statements that have been shared with the world, and private conversations not remotely related to the violence that unfolded at the Capitol. I have nothing else to add.

As a representative and the leader of the minority party, it is with neither regret nor satisfaction that I have concluded to not participate with this select committee’s abuse of power that stains this institution today and will harm it going forward.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/13/report-liz-cheney-may-subpoena-kevin-mccarthy-after-his-refusal-to-cooperate-with-january-6-committee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Leader McCarthy’s Statement about Pelosi’s Illegitimate Select Committee
Jan 12, 2022

Washington, D.C. — House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) issued the following statement about Speaker Pelosi’s illegitimate select committee:

“This committee is not conducting a legitimate investigation as Speaker Pelosi took the unprecedented action of rejecting the Republican members I named to serve on the committee. It is not serving any legislative purpose. The committee’s only objective is to attempt to damage its political opponents – acting like the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee one day and the DOJ the next.

“The committee has demanded testimony from staffers who applied for First Amendment permits. It has subpoenaed the call records of private citizens and their financial records from banks while demanding secrecy not supported by law. It has lied about the contents of documents it has received. It has held individuals in contempt of Congress for exercising their Constitutional right to avail themselves of judicial proceedings. And now it wants to interview me about public statements that have been shared with the world, and private conversations not remotely related to the violence that unfolded at the Capitol. I have nothing else to add.

“As a representative and the leader of the minority party, it is with neither regret nor satisfaction that I have concluded to not participate with this select committee’s abuse of power that stains this institution today and will harm it going forward.”

https://republicanleader.house.gov/leader-mccarthys-statement-about-pelosis-illegitimate-select-committee/

Offline Hoodat

Democrat-allied Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Wednesday reportedly said she may subpoena House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA). This comes after McCarthy communicated he would not cooperate with the January 6 Committee.

Good luck with that.

“I wish that he were a brave and honorable man. He’s clearly trying to cover up what happened. He has an obligation to come forward, and we’ll get to the truth,” Cheney told CNN.

Brave and honorable people don't tell lies about what happened on Jan 6.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

She's really digging a hole for herself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

She's really digging a hole for herself.

She wants to be the GOP "Never Trumper" Standard-Bearer in 2024.

Online Kamaji

She wants to replace Kameltoe as the VP on the 2024 DNC slate.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Time to kick her out of the caucus for participating in the Dems illegal committee.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Time to kick her out of the caucus for participating in the Dems illegal committee.

Yup!  @Free Vulcan

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Why are @Liz_Cheney & @AdamKinzinger still a part of the Republican Caucus, @GOPLeader?

5:49 PM · Jan 13, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline libertybele

Dizzy Miss Lizzy is hoping she'll be the 2024 nominee.   :drunk: :laughingdog:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.