Author Topic: DHS Quietly Opens ‘Overstay’ Door to Economic Migrants  (Read 124 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DHS Quietly Opens ‘Overstay’ Door to Economic Migrants
« on: January 11, 2022, 02:39:56 pm »
DHS Quietly Opens ‘Overstay’ Door to Economic Migrants

Neil Munro 11 Jan 2022

Almost 685,000 foreign visitors stayed in the United States past their legally required departure date in the 12 months up to September 30, 2020, according to a report released January 10 by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Yet President Joe Biden’s appointees at DHS — left by secretary Alejandro Mayorkas — are now reducing protections against “overstay” illegal migrants, many of whom take jobs from Americans, says Jessica Vaughan, the director of Policy Studies for the Center for Immigration Studies:

Much of the attention of policymakers is on the border itself, the land border, and not enough on the side doors through which people come with a visa but then end up staying here illegally. These overstayers are a very significant chunk of the illegal population. We don’t know exactly how many there are, but we know it’s at least 40 percent [of the illegal population, and] they tend to be more white-collar workers because they had to qualify for a [visitor or work] visa in the first place.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/01/11/dhs-quietly-opens-overstay-door-to-economic-migrants/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: DHS Quietly Opens ‘Overstay’ Door to Economic Migrants
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 02:57:00 pm »
We need to deport them before they marry a citizen or parent an anchor baby.  It's much easier to deport single persons than married persons or parents.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline EdinVA

Re: DHS Quietly Opens ‘Overstay’ Door to Economic Migrants
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 03:00:09 pm »
We don’t know exactly how many there are, but we know it’s at least 40 percent [of the illegal population, and] they tend to be more white-collar...

So we don't know how many or who they are but we are sure they are white-collar?  BS