Author Topic: Adams defends brother’s NYPD job, says he’ll protect against white supremacists  (Read 230 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Adams defends brother’s NYPD job, says he’ll protect against white supremacists
NY Post, Jan 9, 2022

Mayor Eric Adams on Sunday defended choosing his brother to serve as a deputy NYPD commissioner, saying he needs someone he can trust to protect him — including from potential threats by white supremacists.

During an appearance on CNN, the new mayor revealed that his younger brother, former NYPD cop Bernard Adams, will be tasked with protecting his safety.

“Let me be clear on this: My brother is qualified for the position. Number one, he will be in charge of my security, which is extremely important to me at a time when we see an increase in white supremacy and hate crimes,” the Big Apple’s second black mayor said on “State of the Union” with Jake Tapper when pressed about nepotism and ethics concerns over the appointment.

"I have to take my security in a very serious way.”

“Protection is personal. You have an increase of anarchists in this city, country. We have a serious problem with white supremacy. And when you talk about this type of security that I want, it’s extremely unique. I don’t want to be away from my public,” he said in Manhattan.

“I trust my brother. My brother understands me,” he continued. “And if I have to put my life in someone’s hands, I want to put it in the hands of a person that I trust deeply, because that is a very personal process of your security.”

A rep for Adams — asked whether the mayor has recently faced threats from white supremacists or anarchists — referred questions on the matter to the NYPD. The Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

More: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1480217016044769291

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Are we the only ones who don't realize a CW has already begun?

Offline Kamaji

Classic nepotism.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Classic nepotism.
Classic racism I'd say.

Why point out just white supremists?

Does that deputy Commissioner not have any other job but that target?

I'd say NYC is now officially a black city.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:26:57 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
"Mayor Eric Adams on Sunday defended choosing his brother to serve as a deputy NYPD commissioner, saying he needs someone he can trust to protect him — including from potential threats by white supremacists."

And how many thought this "former police officer" was gonna be better than deBlasio ??

He's David Dinkins II.
Or... worse.

I will state with assurance:
I will never vote for a black for any political position again, ever.
Sorry if you don't like that.
Call me whatever you wish to call me.
I could care less.