Author Topic: WRONG, JOE: You Are A Bigger Threat To Democracy Than January 6th  (Read 90 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WRONG, JOE: You Are A Bigger Threat To Democracy Than January 6th

Parker Beauregard
    January 7, 2022

I did not tune in for a nanosecond to the predictably boring, empty, wrong, and hyperventilating media coverage of the first anniversary of January 6th.  For one, I have an actual job and a family. That darn real life gets in the way again. For another, I could have written every article and broadcast speech because we all know the talking points. Trump is bad, Trump is dangerous, Trump supporters are dangerous, and everything related to Trump is a threat to democracy. Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, no asking about Ashli Babbitt’s videotaped murder or myriad examples of police brutality. Tsk tsk.

In service to readers of The Blue State Conservative, I did venture to CNN this morning to see what line or two from Brandon’s speech would be most powerful in their eyes. My guess going in was they would select a hackneyed line about Trump almost killing our democracy save for the heroism of the police. This, of course, sounds utterly ridiculous on so many levels. We don’t have a democracy, so there’s that. It’s a constitutional republic. Whatever you call it, it was certainly never under actual duress. Does anyone really believe our government almost fell apart? (And the more our government does its thing, is it so bad to wish it would?) And their sudden concern for the safety and wellbeing of police is about as hollow a gesture as humanly possible considering the alleged insurrection came on the heels of a year of chaos and anti-police sentiment.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/01/07/wrong-joe-january-6th-was-closer-to-saving-democracy-than-threatening-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: WRONG, JOE: You Are A Bigger Threat To Democracy Than January 6th
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:28:20 pm »
Yes, he is.  His speech yesterday was the opening prelude to a latter-day version of Hitler's speech on the Night of the Long Knives:

If anyone reproaches me and asks why I did not resort to the regular courts of justice, then all I can say is this. In this hour I was responsible for the fate of the German people, and thereby I became the supreme judge of the German people. I gave the order to shoot the ringleaders in this treason, and I further gave the order to cauterise down to the raw flesh the ulcers of this poisoning of the wells in our domestic life. Let the nation know that its existence—which depends on its internal order and security—cannot be threatened with impunity by anyone! And let it be known for all time to come that if anyone raises his hand to strike the State, then certain death is his lot.

Offline dfwgator

Re: WRONG, JOE: You Are A Bigger Threat To Democracy Than January 6th
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 04:52:12 pm »
Yes, he is.  His speech yesterday was the opening prelude to a latter-day version of Hitler's speech on the Night of the Long Knives:

It's like I've been saying,  they have to use the pretense of "Stopping a Right Wing Dictatorship", in order to impose their Left Wing Dictatorship.