Author Topic: Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' w  (Read 4540 times)

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Paint me in more of the corner of "none of the above".   There is nothing cast in stone that we have to accept either one.  You have very eloquently acknowldeged their shortfalls.  Don't you think  we can do better?

You did not address this to me @catfish1957 but I'm going to answer anyway.

Yes! We could do better IF, and that is a HUGE if, we could entice any of the multitude of possible betters to enter the cesspool of modern politics.  Good luck with that! In the meantime, we have to fight with the army we have, not the one we wish we had!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

We need to build the army we want.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@catfish1957
He can't be threatened and he can't be bribed,because there is nothing in this world more important to him than how he goes down in the history books.

Hold it, wasn't he threatened by a "dancer" and secretly paid a bribe while married to "the most beautiful woman" while she was with child (using a shady lawyer to try and conceal his tracks). Good grief the spin people put on..... When you have warehouses of memorabilia dedicated to preserving items of your pride, it doesn't take much above a caveman to understand how to manipulate you. Your pride because your Achilles heel.... and you take down those close to you at the same time because you go down clawing.

You can't be a septic tank and expect to "clean the septic tank of government"...

You did bring one thing to the table... that once you have so much money that you can't sit and count it anymore, the next thing to grab is power... You just described Trump perfectly. IOWs... TL/DR short version.... Me Me Me
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Hold it, wasn't he threatened by a "dancer" and secretly paid a bribe while married to "the most beautiful woman" while she was with child (using a shady lawyer to try and conceal his tracks). Good grief the spin people put on..... When you have warehouses of memorabilia dedicated to preserving items of your pride, it doesn't take much above a caveman to understand how to manipulate you. Your pride because your Achilles heel.... and you take down those close to you at the same time because you go down clawing.

You can't be a septic tank and expect to "clean the septic tank of government"...

You did bring one thing to the table... that once you have so much money that you can't sit and count it anymore, the next thing to grab is power... You just described Trump perfectly. IOWs... TL/DR short version.... Me Me Me

No doubt  Donald Trump, the person is a low life among low lifes.  But as another poster brought up, we are stuck with these types because the nastiness of politics repels anyone of any decency.  I said many times in 2020, I was going to hold my nose and vote for DJT.  Sadly if he gets the nomination again, we have no choice but do it again.  This country may not survive another democratic POTUS.

But at this exact moment in time its DeSantis 2024 for me, the least repellant of the crew.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We need to build the army we want.

:yowsa: I'm listening!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I really don't understand why someone would choose to like one of these guys and dislike the other. The party needs Trump AND Cruz, despite both occasionally saying something stupid and self defeating. In the end, one is the charismatic voice of conservatism in this country...and the other is the intellectual idealist who strives to steer the party on a solidly conservative path while destroying Dem/Commies in congressional and media debates. I like both men and see both their value and their flaws...and I think most Trump voters, and Cruz supporters...see the same.

Cruz's political career is far from over, though his recent dumb comments are clearly a setback for his ambitions. He will come back from this, and his Tucker Carlson experience will help shape his commentary and tactical political positioning going forward. In the long run, that's a good thing...though he's going to feel some pain in the near term (as he should, what he said was wrong).

Trump and Cruz have always been my 'dream' team. They both are powerhouses in their own right and you have described them very well. I believe that the two of them together would be impossible to beat.  Leftists heads would explode if the two of them teamed up. Together I believe the two of them would not only drain the swamp but I believe we'd see some people carted off wearing orange jump suits.  Cruz I think would be much better at selecting an administration; something Trump definitely had some problems with.

Will this happen?  Doubtful, though this picture had me wondering (I've posted it before and I love it).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hold it, wasn't he threatened by a "dancer" and secretly paid a bribe while married to "the most beautiful woman" while she was with child (using a shady lawyer to try and conceal his tracks).
@Sighlass

Beats me. Wealthy men are sued all the time by people with good lawyers. Usually because it is an easy "shake down". They tend to make "go away" payments that are cheaper than actually going to court and paying legal fees.

And frankly,I don't give a Biden about his sex life.

Good grief the spin people put on..... When you have warehouses of memorabilia dedicated to preserving items of your pride, it doesn't take much above a caveman to understand how to manipulate you. Your pride because your Achilles heel.... and you take down those close to you at the same time because you go down clawing.

Jealousy  is never pretty,but adamantly denied by the jealous.

Admit it,class envy/jealousy is why you hate Trump.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump and Cruz have always been my 'dream' team. They both are powerhouses in their own right  ...

This is a losing ticket @libertybele   Cruz doesn't bring anything new or useful to the ticket ---  not accomplishment, ideas, energy or appeal.

And , there's too much bad blood between their supporters; the infighting alone would sink the ticket.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:09:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

As will I. I am disappointed in Senator Cruz, but I hardly think this is the end of his political career. He messed up, but is still needed in the Senate.

I agree @debrawiest   He is needed in the Senate and as long as he turns his energies to reelection in 2024, the seat is his.

No doubt  Donald Trump, the person is a low life among low lifes. 

Will this knee jerk hyperbole never end?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No doubt  Donald Trump, the person is a low life among low lifes.  But as another poster brought up, we are stuck with these types because the nastiness of politics repels anyone of any decency.  I said many times in 2020, I was going to hold my nose and vote for DJT.  Sadly if he gets the nomination again, we have no choice but do it again.  This country may not survive another democratic POTUS.

But at this exact moment in time its DeSantis 2024 for me, the least repellant of the crew.
I like DeSantis as well, but believe he needs more of a record to ensure he continues his conservative credentials.

Trump and Cruz are tested already and are satisfactory to my taste.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

This is a losing ticket @libertybele   Cruz doesn't bring anything new or useful to the ticket ---  not accomplishment, ideas, energy or appeal.

And , there's too much bad blood between their supporters; the infighting alone would sink the ticket.
I realize that's the way you see things @Right_in_Virginia but I think Cruz brings a lot to the table.  With both of them running people would still be voting for one or the other, but together they would capture a HUGE voting base.

They both have different strengths and if they were to capture the oval office (very likely provided a fair election) their accomplishments would be unstoppable. 

Ted has stood by Trump and it appears Trump has swallowed some of his pride (Trump doesn't have many people he can trust, that's already been proven).  Ted would serve Trump very well (definitely better than Pence) and keep him perhaps from picking unfit people to fill his cabinet and surround himself with; I think Ted has a much better judgement of people.

Offline libertybele

I like DeSantis as well, but believe he needs more of a record to ensure he continues his conservative credentials.

Trump and Cruz are tested already and are satisfactory to my taste.

I agree.  DeSantis is got a lot on his plate with his wife fighting cancer and 3 little ones ... he's already stated his interests are in serving FL and has no desire for the presidency.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I realize that's the way you see things @Right_in_Virginia but I think Cruz brings a lot to the table.  With both of them running people would still be voting for one or the other, but together they would capture a HUGE voting base.

They both have different strengths and if they were to capture the oval office (very likely provided a fair election) their accomplishments would be unstoppable. 

Ted has stood by Trump and it appears Trump has swallowed some of his pride (Trump doesn't have many people he can trust, that's already been proven).  Ted would serve Trump very well (definitely better than Pence) and keep him perhaps from picking unfit people to fill his cabinet and surround himself with; I think Ted has a much better judgement of people.

Unfortunately for Ted, he chose this moment to throw political prisoners, and everybody who agrees with them, under the prison bus.   :shrug:

He coulda been a contender....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

Sen. Cruz's time is done in the US Senate.  He barely beat beto in 2018 because of the Trumpers prolonged butthurt. He's obviously just to busy getting stoned and giving interviews to Tucker to make it justifiable anymore.  It was all downhill since he was booted from the NRSC and called his leader a DAMN LIAR
   He needs to run for President, no matter what Trump does in 2024 and after 8 years of actually fixing $hit,  President Rittenhouse will appoint him to the USSC, which is where he actually belongs.

A man can dream, right?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

Have folks noticed that this is the most common retort from Trumpers whenever they get butthurt?

It reminds me of AOC's claim any criticism of her is because people want to date her
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Sen. Cruz's time is done in the US Senate.  He barely beat beto in 2018 because of the Trumpers prolonged butthurt. He's obviously just to busy getting stoned and giving interviews to Tucker to make it justifiable anymore.  It was all downhill since he was booted from the NRSC and called his leader a DAMN LIAR
   He needs to run for President, no matter what Trump does in 2024 and after 8 years of actually fixing $hit,  President Rittenhouse will appoint him to the USSC, which is where he actually belongs.

A man can dream, right?

I agree, I don't think Ted will stay in the Senate and I don't think he has any desire to. I'd again vote for Cruz over Trump in a heartbeat -- yes, after 8 years I'd love to see a Justice Cruz.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:55:09 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

Unfortunately for Ted, he chose this moment to throw political prisoners, and everybody who agrees with them, under the prison bus.   :shrug:

He coulda been a contender....

I'm still waiting to see what his next move is. When I first saw the video, I believed that his words were deliberate and meant to be aimed at Pelosi & Co., but there's no way on Tucker he was going to say that's who he was talking about.  Accusing her without any solid proof in front of him would have turned out disastrous.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:58:27 am by libertybele »

Ted would not serve the POTUS well as VP.  He would  always be wrestling to be co-president.....greasing his own skids for 2028 under the tutalege of his mentors, George W Bush, et al.

I don't see how you can say Ted is a much better judge of people when he's always surprised by "people" who are disgusted with him for things like telling a convention of Trump supporters to vote their conscience instead of for the nominee, or going to Cancun to escape the power outage in frozen Texas or referring to J6 as a terrorist attack and then trying to lie his way out of it.

This is not to say I do not see value in Ted Cruz; I do.  He has the potential to be a real force in the Senate; but he needs to focus on his job and not the oval office.

Maybe Cruz should spend some time with Rand Paul and learn how to pick a side of an issue, get out in front of it and consistently articulate it.  Maybe this "good judge of people" could spend some time with a therapist and learn how to motivate, not alienate, his colleagues.  If Cruz does both he could assume the position of Majority Leader and hold this position for years to come from which he could make a meaningful difference.

@libertybele

Offline corbe

Some ACTUAL Quote from @Right_in_Virginia

Why would Ted even consider VP to Trump?  Pence was once a Conservative Hawk, like Sessions, till you Trumpers destroyed them and so nonchalantly tossed this aside.

Offline libertybele

Ted would not serve the POTUS well as VP.  He would  always be wrestling to be co-president.....greasing his own skids for 2028 under the tutalege of his mentors, George W Bush, et al.

I don't see how you can say Ted is a much better judge of people when he's always surprised by "people" who are disgusted with him for things like telling a convention of Trump supporters to vote their conscience instead of for the nominee, or going to Cancun to escape the power outage in frozen Texas or referring to J6 as a terrorist attack and then trying to lie his way out of it.

This is not to say I do not see value in Ted Cruz; I do.  He has the potential to be a real force in the Senate; but he needs to focus on his job and not the oval office.

Maybe Cruz should spend some time with Rand Paul and learn how to pick a side of an issue, get out in front of it and consistently articulate it.  Maybe this "good judge of people" could spend some time with a therapist and learn how to motivate, not alienate, his colleagues.  If Cruz does both he could assume the position of Majority Leader and hold this position for years to come from which he could make a meaningful difference.

@libertybele

George Bush his mentor? No,quite the opposite. He went up against him when Bush was governor in the case of Medillin v. TX (Bush) and Cruz won. Bush wasn't exactly happy with him.

Cruz was absolutely correct in telling people to vote their conscience. Bare in mind that his base was just as steadfast of their support in him as Trump supporters were of him.  I thought Cruz's speech was excellent and Cruz had an excellent ground game, even Trump commented that he was tough to beat.  The convention IMO and others was a bit questionable as a vote count was never allowed -- but that's getting off topic.

Cruz announced on Glenn Beck (who was livid with him) that he was going to vote for Trump, explaining that Trump had promised him he would select justices from a list of conservatives.  There was bad blood but also some understanding between the two, and their understanding of each other has grown; especially from Cruz who has been supportive of his presidency. 

Both men had much of the same agenda; their delivery to the public was different. Again, the two of them together would be unstoppable.

Going to Cancun to get his family out of a storm -- Cruz's job is in the Senate, not governing over TX -- that's Abbott's job.

We will never see eye to eye on Cruz as we never have.

Bottom line, I believe that the two would be an awesome team; you don't.  Not a whole lot is going to change my mind unless there is something that either Trump or Cruz does to change my mind before '24. That's a long ways off.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 02:39:57 am by libertybele »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
@Sighlass

Beats me. Wealthy men are sued all the time by people with good lawyers. Usually because it is an easy "shake down". They tend to make "go away" payments that are cheaper than actually going to court and paying legal fees.

And frankly,I don't give a Biden about his sex life.

Careless wealthy men might be sued a lot over silly stuff like this.... Trump has had a history of being careless, dating while married (grab em by the P****y etc.). Trump did hire a shady lawyer to try to hide stuff for him (and his friends/supporters once he became president). How did that work out for him? Heck, didn't that fake Christian (Fauwel Jr) use Trump's lawyer for the exact same thing Trump did? Birds of a feather do flock together it seems. Might explain a lot.

I also don't care for most folks personal sex life, but I certainly do give a hoot about the character of whom I vote for President. I have it in my tag line for goodness sake. It is called judging by fruits... You judged me as "class envy/jealousy"... and you didn't get it right, but I do want it pointed out that judgement was performed by you (same as the rest of us)... You just seem to have a problem when others that don't rightfully see eye to eye with you perform it.

There was the democrat that was sleeping with a Russian spy... He is still making waves the other day when he attacked conservatives. Perhaps we shouldn't care he was in bed with the enemy if we don't hold our politicians with any moral responsibility. Sounds silly to not care, to give passes to just our political friends. Or do we hold those we respect to a higher code of conduct, like we are doing to Cruz now.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

George Bush his mentor? No,quite the opposite. He went up against him when Bush was governor in the case of Medillin v. TX (Bush) and Cruz won. Bush wasn't exactly happy with him.

Cruz was absolutely correct in telling people to vote their conscience. Bare in mind that his base was just as steadfast of their support in him as Trump supporters were of him.  I thought Cruz's speech was excellent and Cruz had an excellent ground game, even Trump commented that he was tough to beat.  The convention IMO and others was a bit questionable as a vote count was never allowed -- but that's getting off topic.

Cruz announced on Glenn Beck (who was livid with him) that he was going to vote for Trump, explaining that Trump had promised him he would select justices from a list of conservatives.  There was bad blood but also some understanding between the two, and their understanding of each other has grown; especially from Cruz who has been supportive of his presidency. 

Both men had much of the same agenda*; their delivery to the public was different. Again, the two of them together would be unstoppable.

Going to Cancun to get his family out of a storm -- Cruz's job is in the Senate, not governing over TX -- that's Abbott's job.

We will never see eye to eye on Cruz as we never have.

Bottom line, I believe that the two would be an awesome team; you don't.  Not a whole lot is going to change my mind unless there is something that either Trump or Cruz does to change my mind before '24. That's a long ways off.

* All the more reason Cruz would need to bring energy, appeal and confidence that he is who he says he is to the ticket  ---- and he would do none of this.  In addition,  there's no room in a national campaign for the amount of time that would be spent in the media and elsewhere relitigating the 2015 primaries. (And, I'm not even touching the NBC question)

From a strategic political POV  --- not a personal one --- and IMO, Cruz would be too significant a drag on the ticket.

And with this, l'll wish you adieu --- for now   happy77

@libertybele

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Will this knee jerk hyperbole never end?

@Right_in_Virginia

Not for as long as there is a comrade to push class envy.

Some people would still hate Trump due to him being born into wealth if Jesus himself were to come down from the heavens and endorse him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!