Author Topic: Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' w  (Read 4456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' was 'sloppy' mistake
by Daniel Chaitin, Deputy News Editor & Emily Brooks, Political Reporter |
 | January 06, 2022 08:48 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz says he made a ridiculously clumsy mistake in casting the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol as a “violent terrorist attack.”

The Texas Republican, who was facing intense criticism from his usual allies for the remark, sought to clear the air Thursday during an appearance on Fox News. Cruz said the phrasing he used, marking the one-year anniversary of the riot, was "sloppy, and it was frankly dumb."

However, Carlson said he wasn't buying it, noting that the senator does not have a history of using words carelessly. "I don't believe you used that accidentally," Carlson insisted.

Cruz defended himself by saying that's the sort of phrasing he always uses to talk about the few people who attack police. The senator said people misunderstood him in thinking that he was referring to all supporters of former President Donald Trump.

“What I was referring to are the limited number of people who engaged in violent attacks against police officers," Cruz said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/groveling-ted-cruz-fails-to-convince-tucker-carlson-that-calling-jan-6-a-violent-terrorist-attack-was-a-sloppy-mistake
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In 10 years, I have never seen Cruz that rattled.  His comment was an unnecessary salvo shot at his base. 

Truly puzzling he would say this a year later with so much evidence  mounting that this was a false flag event. 

In any case, it was political suicide on an epic scale.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

In 10 years, I have never seen Cruz that rattled.  His comment was an unnecessary salvo shot at his base. 

Truly puzzling he would say this a year later with so much evidence  mounting that this was a false flag event. 

In any case, it was political suicide on an epic scale.

One thing you would have to say about Donald Trump is  he never attacks his base. Cruz is smart enough to know that you can condemn the lawbreaking without painting a broad brush

What happens is, and it doesn’t matter which side of the political spectrum it is, when people spend too much time in Washington DC they start thinking CNN and the New York Times is representative of average Americans and how they think
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

One thing you would have to say about Donald Trump is  he never attacks his base. Cruz is smart enough to know that you can condemn the lawbreaking without painting a broad brush

What happens is, and it doesn’t matter which side of the political spectrum it is, when people spend too much time in Washington DC they start thinking CNN and the New York Times is representative of average Americans and how they think

Some are attacking Trump on COVID and the vaccines, but no matter what Trump did or didn't do,   a lot of people were going to be pissed at him, anyway.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

That might be Ted's fatal mistake.  Close to 0% of his base watch MSNBC or CNN.  When he finally gets to do some damage control, Tucker Carlson bitch slaps him into a rattled mess.  Always considered Cruz a pretty savvy politican, but he sure fell asleep at the switch on this gaffe.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Some are attacking Trump on COVID and the vaccines, but no matter what Trump did or didn't do,   a lot of people were going to be pissed at him, anyway.

Many are Trump diehards and regardless of what he says or does, will always give him a free pass.  I don't believe that any politician should be given a free pass, including Cruz.

On this issue, I don't feel that he attacked his base, many in here obviously feel the opposite. He stood up for Trump time and time again and voiced objection on Jan. 6. Politically for him, in hind sight, he should have just kept quiet on that day because he's now being attacked from all sides.

Given the consensus in this forum, which I believe to be indicative of the vast majority of Trump supporters in this country, I'd say that his political career is absolutely over.

Cruz supporters as well have trashed him, so there's just no coming back from this for him.

IMHO he was one of the few conservatives left in Congress.  I won't continue on, as my opinion of him truly doesn't matter now.

It's game over for the GOP.  Will the last GOP congressman left standing, please turn off the lights.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Many are Trump diehards and regardless of what he says or does, will always give him a free pass.  I don't believe that any politician should be given a free pass, including Cruz.

On this issue, I don't feel that he attacked his base, many in here obviously feel the opposite. He stood up for Trump time and time again and voiced objection on Jan. 6. Politically for him, in hind sight, he should have just kept quiet on that day because he's now being attacked from all sides.

Given the consensus in this forum, which I believe to be indicative of the vast majority of Trump supporters in this country, I'd say that his political career is absolutely over.

Cruz supporters as well have trashed him, so there's just no coming back from this for him.

IMHO he was one of the few conservatives left in Congress.  I won't continue on, as my opinion of him truly doesn't matter now.

It's game over for the GOP.  Will the last GOP congressman left standing, please turn off the lights.

You hit the nail on the head.  Non-Trump conservatives  hold their politicans accountable.  Trump fanatic faction?  Not so much

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Rafael Eduardo Cruz has 2 years to slither out of this mess ... he should lay low in Cancun for a few days.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

Rafael Eduardo Cruz has 2 years to slither out of this mess ... he should lay low in Cancun for a few days.

That won't do him any good.  He narrowly lost to Beto in the last primary; some claim that it was voter's continued anger after what was perceived as not endorsing Trump.  Now this issue.

He won't recover from this. He's never recovered from the Trump frenzy as much as he helped him throughout his presidency and what has now been perceived as him insulting his base, he definitely won't recover from.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

He screws up so little (as compared to Trump) but when he does, the Trumpers finally feel some affirmation and this is probably a good thing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am/was a Cruz supporter but I have to agree Cruz did not help himself last night..Tucker was all over him and he sure didn't believe him...I will give Cruz kudos for showing up and taking the heat...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

I am/was a Cruz supporter but I have to agree Cruz did not help himself last night..Tucker was all over him and he sure didn't believe him...I will give Cruz kudos for showing up and taking the heat...

I give Cruz kudos for having the guts to stand up and object to the votes on Jan. 6, something that many disregard.

Though I feel his political career is over because of the severe backlash from all angles, I still support the man.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

If Cruz was a Democrat his remarks would have gotten zero attention anywhere.  Why do you think that is?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Killer Clouds

Just another example of how great the republicants are at snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Cruz should have just kept his mouth shut. Now he's done.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If Cruz was a Democrat his remarks would have gotten zero attention anywhere.  Why do you think that is?

We all know why...but I would have reported it.
I try to report all the insane ideas/sayings the Libs come up with.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nolte: Ted Cruz Stepped in the Media’s Trap, and Tucker Carlson Closed It
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,458031.new.html#new
Support the USO

Online Kamaji

Just another example of how great the republicants are at snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Cruz should have just kept his mouth shut. Now he's done.

Exactly.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Nolte: Ted Cruz Stepped in the Media’s Trap, and Tucker Carlson Closed It
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,458031.new.html#new

Yep! No conservative voice anywhere stands a chance when they step into the media minefield these days.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

He screws up so little (as compared to Trump) but when he does, the Trumpers finally feel some affirmation and this is probably a good thing.

Maybe so, but when he does screw up, oh boy does he make it a doozy.

The whole subtext the democrats are trying to sell is that Jan. 6 was an insurrection, led by Trump, and therefore Trump - and more importantly, every republican however contingently connected with it - should be permanently banned from holding federal office under Sec. 3 of the 14th Amendment.

And Cruz had to go and open his big fat mouth and provide the democrats with damning statements that the participants in the Jan. 6 event were "terrorists" - terrorists commit insurrection; misguided citizens looking to express their grievances to their government in an inappropriate manner do not.

As such, Cruz has materially advanced the democrats' objective in a way that was both pointless and unnecessary.

Online corbe

There were Terrorist there on Jan 6, the Home Grown kind, the New and Improved 'weaponized' FBI/DOJ.
   I still haven't read any reports of this, much less watched Tucker or any FOX news, for that matter.  I just read what my Briefer Friends are saying and in spite of that, I still Love you anyways.

* Denile is not just a River in Egypt.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:47:57 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Non-Trump conservatives  hold their politicans accountable.

And no one is holding the Communists among us accountable for anything

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

There were Terrorist there on Jan 6, the Home Grown kind, the New and Improved 'weaponized' FBI/DOJ.
   I still haven't read any reports of this, much less watched Tucker or any FOX news, for that matter.  I just read what my Briefer Friends are saying and in spite of that, I still Love you anyways.

And if that was what Cruz intended to say, then he should have said it no later than his interview with Tucker.  He didn't, so that cannot have been what he meant.

No, he stepped into a whole years' worth of built-up dog-doo on this one.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

* Denile is not just a River in Egypt.

There were three types of domestic "terrorists" on hand in Washington on January 6th: weaponized intelligence services, Antifa and far left groups, and stupid rednecks.  It is still yet to be shown which of these was in the majority.

Online corbe

And if that was what Cruz intended to say, then he should have said it no later than his interview with Tucker.  He didn't, so that cannot have been what he meant.

No, he stepped into a whole years' worth of built-up dog-doo on this one.

Perhaps I should refrain from commenting until I actually watch the Interview w/Tucker.........Naw.