Author Topic: Adam Kinzinger: It ‘Hurts’ to Be a ‘Pariah’ in His Own Party...[don't cry]  (Read 492 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Adam Kinzinger: It ‘Hurts’ to Be a ‘Pariah’ in His Own Party

Pam Key 6 Jan 2022

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Thursday on Fox News Channel’s “Your World” that it “hurts” when asked how it feels to be a pariah in the Republican Party.

On the January 6 Capitol riot, Cavuto asked, “The leadership was almost universally critical at the time, including Mitch McConnell and Kevin Mccarthy and others, yourself, of course, that raised serious questions about the president’s behavior at the time and then radio silence. What happened?”

Kinzinger said, “You know, I think — so many points in the intervening four or five years as President Trump was rising up to get elected, there were moments that seemed like he would be down and out, and he wasn’t. I think from a political leader perspective, they began to fear their own base.”

Cavuto said, “Congressman, how does it feel to be a pariah in your own party? I would say the same of Liz Cheney?”

Kinzinger said, “You know, I don’t like the feeling. You know, I’ve grown up Republican. I was a Republican since I was six years old. I admire the Republican past, what we stood for, American leadership and strength, all that kind of stuff. So that part hurts. Right?”

He continued, “But I would never — I wouldn’t change a thing that I have done particularly in the last year because I know I have a son being born imminently. That’s why I’m in Illinois. He will be proud of me someday, and he will look and say that I stood up in a tough time. If it’s just me and Liz doing it, then it’s me and Liz. That’s fine. I wish there were more people, though.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/06/adam-kinzinger-it-hurts-to-be-a-pariah-in-his-own-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

What a wuss.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Be quiet, big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
Big boys don't cry
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Kinzinger and Cheney are Democrats in every sense of the word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

Yes.  What is so hard to understand by these two?  NEITHER IS A REPUBLICAN...both are delusional azzholes. COMMUNISTS.

Offline Killer Clouds

So if Kinzinger has a kid it will have 2 moms or will he be like Buttedgeedge?

Offline dfwgator

Afterwards, his wife told him, "I think it's time for both of us to start seeing other men."

Offline Killer Clouds

Afterwards, his wife told him, "I think it's time for both of us to start seeing other men."
:thumbsup: LMAO!

Online LMAO

No. Neither of them are Democrats. What happened is they’re getting accolades from the media and they love that reassurance. You saw this with McCain during the Bush era.

What neither of them don’t realize is that the press hates their guts because they’re from the opposing party. In the early days of the Soviet Union , they would’ve been called “useful idiots”

Also, most people never heard of these two before Jan 6th, 2021 so they may also be enjoying the limelight
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:12:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Where was he yesterday?  Why didn't he support Cheney instead of forcing her father to shower, dress and travel to DC?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:27:50 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

No. Neither of them are Democrats. What happened is they’re getting accolades from the media and they love that reassurance. You saw this with McCain during the Bush era.

What neither of them don’t realize is that the press hates their guts because they’re from the opposing party. In the early days of the Soviet Union , they would’ve been called “useful idiots”

Also, most people never heard of these two before Jan 6th, 2021 so they may also be enjoying the limelight

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

For Assisting The Jan. 6 Witch Hunt, Cheney And Kinzinger Should Be Booted Out Of The GOP
As the search for ‘insurrectionists’ widens its scope, conservatives are right to think Cheney and Kinzinger ought to be expelled from the Republican caucus.
By: Jonathan S. Tobin
January 07, 2022
Most Americans recoil from calls for political purges. Despite that, Republicans are contemplating just such a measure over the conduct of two members of their House caucus. The participation of Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger in the Jan. 6 Committee convened by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has led many conservatives, both in the House and out of it, to demand their ouster from the GOP conference.

Although it might not have been her intent, Cheney just gave Republicans a compelling reason to expel her from the party. When Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., wrote to the Department of the Interior demanding that, as the person appointed by the Republican Conference to be the ranking minority member of the Jan. 6 Committee, he be given all copies of any information they give to the body, Cheney spoke on the floor of the House claiming his assertion was incorrect.  ...

The presence of Cheney and Kinzinger on the committee was already an affront to other Republicans. Pelosi had rejected McCarthy’s choices of GOP members to serve on the committee and instead invited the pair to join. As outrageous as that was, it is the actions of the committee on which the Republican renegades have sat that is especially damning. ...
The Federalist

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I curse the day soy milk made its debut in our markets. 

Offline dfwgator

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No sympathy from me towards you or the Lizzy bitch.

Your wounds are self inflicted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Where was he yesterday?  Why didn't he support Cheney instead of forcing her father to shower, dress and travel to DC?

"Well, it’s not a leadership that resembles any of the folks that I knew when I was here for 10 years -- dramatically."

------Dick Cheney...  January 6, 2022

==================================================================================

Uhhhhh....  From my rough calculations, more than  half of the slime in DC now WAS there when you were VPOTUS.  What a f'n hypocrite.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

From the article…..

He continued, “But I would never — I wouldn’t change a thing that I have done particularly in the last year because I know I have a son being born imminently. That’s why I’m in Illinois. He will be proud of me

First I guess congratulations on the impending birth. But who in his relationship is the one going to give birth to the child?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline dfwgator

"Well, it’s not a leadership that resembles any of the folks that I knew when I was here for 10 years -- dramatically."

==================================================================================

Uhhhhh....  From my rough calculations, more than  half of the slime in DC now WAS there when you were VPOTUS.  What a f'n hypocrite.

Let's See,

Bush/Cheney   3000 dead at the hands of terrorists on 9/11.  7000+ US troops killed in Foreign Wars
Trump: 0 dead at the hands of terrorists,  0 US troops killed in Foreign Wars

Yep, no resemblance at all!

Online LMAO

It might be because of him and George W. Bush that the GOP changed from what he remembered. I voted for both him and George Bush in 2000 but not 2004 and there was no way in hell I was going to vote for John McCain in 2008 as a result from the years he and GWB were in charge

It was the Bush years that made old fashion conservative types like myself leave the Republican Party. And it was because of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney that the Republicans got a spanking, electorally speaking, from a fairly unknown senator. After the Bush/Cheney years, by 2008, Jesus Christ could’ve run as a Republican and would’ve lost

A war that was dragging on, the expansion of the size of the federal government, bail outs for failing businesses, etc etc  was nothing even remotely representing conservatism.

Barry Goldwater

Offline dfwgator

It might be because of him and George W. Bush that the GOP changed from what he remembered. I voted for both him and George Bush in 2000 but not 2004 and there was no way in hell I was going to vote for John McCain in 2008 as a result from the years he and GWB were in charge

It was the Bush years that made old fashion conservative types like myself leave the Republican Party. And it was because of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney that the Republicans got a spanking, electorally speaking, from a fairly unknown senator. After the Bush/Cheney years, by 2008, Jesus Christ could’ve run as a Republican and would’ve lost

A war that was dragging on, the expansion of the size of the federal government, bail outs for failing businesses, etc etc  was nothing even remotely representing conservatism.

When Bush/Cheney left in 2008, their disappoval rating was 65%.  Even Brandon's ratings aren't that bad.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When Bush/Cheney left in 2008, their disappoval rating was 65%.  Even Brandon's ratings aren't that bad.

C'mon man.  It is a high bar.  Give Joe time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

First I guess congratulations on the impending birth. But who in his relationship is the one going to give birth to the child?
He's asking Buttigieg for mothering, er parenting advice.

Online Hoodat

When Bush/Cheney left in 2008, their disappoval rating was 65%.

And it was 100% avoidable.  They stood idly by while members of the Clinton machine destroyed the subprime mortgage market.  And they failed to bring privatization to Social Security.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

If he felt impeaching Trump was the right thing to do that’s fine. But why does he have to cry in public and tell us how hurt  he is?

Barry Goldwater