Author Topic: Pelosi leads moment of silence for Jan. 6 with no Republicans except Cheneys  (Read 420 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Pelosi leads moment of silence for Jan. 6 with no Republicans except Cheneys
By Cristina Marcos - 01/06/22 01:30 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) led a moment of silence on the House floor on Thursday to mark one year since the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, with more than a dozen fellow Democrats and just one House Republican, Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), on hand.

The scene exemplified the attempts by most Republicans to avoid any reckoning with former President Trump's falsehoods about the 2020 election that led the violent mob of his supporters to storm the Capitol and interrupt lawmakers' certification of the Electoral College count.

Pelosi saluted the congressional staff who were in the Capitol that day — particularly those who whisked the boxes containing the certified electoral votes away from the mob — as well as the police officers who faced danger while defending the building.

"That day and the days after, they were the defenders of our democracy. And their courage and patriotism remain an inspiration," Pelosi said while presiding over a brief House pro forma session.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/588592-pelosi-leads-moment-of-silence-for-jan-6-with-no-republicans-except-cheneys
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Oh yes, Dick Cheney, who allowed 9/11 to happen on his watch.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online libertybele

Pelosi leads a moment of silence .... good thing should didn't use a church -- odd things sometimes happen to evil people in churches. I wonder if there were thunderstorms going on around the outside of the building??
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 09:31:59 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Anyone think Dizzy Miss Lizzy will run for president?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Yep, in fact I think the Never Trump wing of the GOP is clearing the path for her to run.

Offline dfwgator

I would vote for Kamala over Liz, and I mean it!

Online Hoodat

No moment of silence for Ashli Babbitt and Roseanne Boyland, both murdered by Capitol Police?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

I believe you, though I would abstain from voting before I'd vote for a DEM.

Online Kamaji

No moment of silence for Ashli Babbitt and Roseanne Boyland, both murdered by Capitol Police?

Of course not.  Didn't you get the memo?  They were dangerous domestic terrorists who deserved to die.

Online Hoodat

I never imagined the day would come where I find myself in agreement with that statement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

I believe you, though I would abstain from voting before I'd vote for a DEM.

No, the message must be sent that we will no longer tolerate these people.  We cannot make any progress with them still stinking up the GOP.  It's our party, they need to leave.

Online libertybele

No, the message must be sent that we will no longer tolerate these people.  We cannot make any progress with them still stinking up the GOP.  It's our party, they need to leave.

To me the GOP died on Jan. 6.  Time for a brand new party.

Offline dfwgator

Let the Assistant Democrats be the ones who start the brand new party.

Online Hoodat

To me, the GOP died on Sep 3, 2008 when they nominated John McCain (the Democrat Party's choice) as their Presidential candidate.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

So there were no republicants there. Cheneys are DCP disciples.

Offline LMAO

No
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

To me, the GOP died on Sep 3, 2008 when they nominated John McCain (the Democrat Party's choice) as their Presidential candidate.

Good point.  They've continued to go downhill ever since.

Offline dfwgator

No

You think Lizzy wouldn't be doing all this unless she intends to run in 2024?   

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Run?  What..As a Democrat? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Run?  What..As a Democrat?

My hunch is that behind the scenes, the GOP bigwigs have decided she will be the Never Trumper candidate, and they will not split the vote, basically they are telling everyone else, that Liz is the "anointed one". 

Offline Killer Clouds

My hunch is that behind the scenes, the GOP bigwigs have decided she will be the Never Trumper candidate, and they will not split the vote, basically they are telling everyone else, that Liz is the "anointed one".
Is crack being given out for free in DC now? if that's what anyone thinks they are smoking alot of it.

Offline LMAO

She’s not running for president. She’s doing it because she likes the limelight and she likes the accolades she’s getting from the press.

We enjoy having our egos fed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy