Author Topic: U.S. car brand to go full electric, will no longer offer internal combustion vehicles  (Read 1167 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
https://www.wnd.com/2022/01/chrysler-go-full-electric-will-no-longer-offer-internal-combustion-vehicles/

<snipit>

Automaker Chrysler just announced plans to go completely electric by 2028, anticipating the release of its first electric vehicle by 2025.

Chrysler announced the plans along with a new AI-enabled vehicle system powered by a battery that the company says can travel 350 to 400 miles per charge, as The Associated Press reported.

====================================================================================

Cruz should join Chrysler.  Seems both are into  disasterous strategic decisions lately.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://www.wnd.com/2022/01/chrysler-go-full-electric-will-no-longer-offer-internal-combustion-vehicles/

<snipit>

Automaker Chrysler just announced plans to go completely electric by 2028, anticipating the release of its first electric vehicle by 2025.

Chrysler announced the plans along with a new AI-enabled vehicle system powered by a battery that the company says can travel 350 to 400 miles per charge, as The Associated Press reported.

====================================================================================

Cruz should join Chrysler.  Seems both are into  disasterous strategic decisions lately.

350 to 400 miles per charge?
In winter?
In North Dakota?
Running the heater (current static air temperature is eighteen below zero)?

Sure am glad I don't have a Chrysler Dealership...their days are numbered here.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
In winter?
In North Dakota?

Privately owned company, so really no way to really tell how badly this is destroying the company.

Reverse diversification has never been a winning business strategy unless you are in a market crash scenario.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

In winter?
In North Dakota?

Chrysler should have never been bailed out in 1977.

Offline Kamaji

Mopar is dead.

Offline mountaineer

Electric Jeeps. Sounds like lots of fun.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

Guess we won't be able to say, "Does it have a HEMI?" in the near future.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You mean American-turned-German-turned-American-again-turned-Italian?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If you can find a better car, buy it.  Oh we will.

The death of the internal combustion engine has been highly exaggerated.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Mopar is dead.
Better get your hemis before they're gone...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

That's the one!  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
In winter?
In North Dakota?

AI enabled? I can see the AI reducing speed to 25-30 to increase mileage, and do you really need that heater because it is drawing to much on the battery so off it goes, no radio or AC they are negatively impacting vehicle range. Yes you may get 350 miles on a charge but it will take twelve hours.
Does anyone really want to trust something made by Fiat?

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"

You left out the "French" (Renault) part of "Stellantis"...so: "American-turned-German-turned-American-again-turned-Italian-turned-French/Italian".  ;-)

So an electric RAM 3500 P/U is going to tow a 20K pound 5th wheel trailer how far?  "Hot-Shots" not gonna like it!!

Offline catfish1957

You left out the "French" (Renault) part of "Stellantis"...so: "American-turned-German-turned-American-again-turned-Italian-turned-French/Italian".  ;-)

So an electric RAM 3500 P/U is going to tow a 20K pound 5th wheel trailer how far?  "Hot-Shots" not gonna like it!!

This episode of Top Gear ought to be comedic gold.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Chrysler should have never been bailed out in 1977.
Nor by Obama in 2009 either, especially since it became a non-American company.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Mopar is dead.

@Kamaji

Weren't they bought out by the French?

That would go a long ways towards explaining this brain fart.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Automaker Chrysler just announced plans to go completely electric by 2028,

Automaker Chrysler just announced plans to go completely out of business by 2031.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Automaker Chrysler just announced plans to go completely out of business by 2031.

Should have gone out of business in 1977.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Should have gone out of business in 1977.

@dfwgator

Damn shame. Walter P was  a engineer supreme,and Chrysler products showed this while he was alive. His only real failing was when it came to visual designs. Walter P always put function over form.

The engineering advances continued right up until all the Walter P hires retired,and after that was when things began to get shaky.

Being bought out by the French guaranteed bankruptcy.

Still,compare the selling prices of Mopar muscle cars to those of every other manufacturer. Mopar brings the biggest bucks,and have the most rabid fans.

Gonna miss them,even though the last Mopar I bought new was a fire engine red 76 Cordoba with black leather upholstery and every option known to man.

Loved the HELL out of it,but need overpowered lust,and I sold it to buy a pu.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

@dfwgator

Damn shame. Walter P was  a engineer supreme,and Chrysler products showed this while he was alive. His only real failing was when it came to visual designs. Walter P always put function over form.

Damn straight.  Walter P. Chrysler is the true father of our country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Get woke, go broke.  If they stick to this they will be no more by 2030.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

' 76 Cordoba with black leather upholstery'...rich Corinthian Leather?

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The second and last new car my dad ever bought, I pushed for the Dodge magnum but my brother prevailed with the Ricardo Mantalban choice.