Author Topic: Raskin: ‘Trump and His Flunkies’ Were the ‘Inner Ring of the Coup’  (Read 658 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Raskin: ‘Trump and His Flunkies’ Were the ‘Inner Ring of the Coup’

Pam Key 5 Jan 2022

Representative Jamie Raskin (D-MD), a member of the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack, said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Deadline” that former President Donald Trump and his “flunkies” were the “inner ring of the coup.”

Raskin said, “There was a mass demonstration, a wild demonstration called by Donald Trump that turned into a riot. Okay” That was the outer ring of activity. The middle ring are of activity was the insurrection itself, and that was the Proud Boys, The Oath Keepers, The Three Percenters, the militia groups, the 1st Amendment Praetorian, a bunch of organized violent extremist groups that were training for battle that broke our windows and began the assaults on the police officers that the rioters filled in on.”

He continued, “But the scariest part of the day was really the inner ring of the coup. And there, the whole point was to try to force Vice President Mike Pence to declare completely lawless powers to unilaterally reject and repudiate electoral college votes from Arizona, from Georgia, from Pennsylvania, and a handful of other states. The point there was to lower Joe Biden’s total in the electoral college of 306 to below 270. At that point, under the 12th Amendment to the Constitution, the whole contest is kicked into the House of Representatives for a so-called contingent election.”

Raskin added, “Now, you ask, why would Donald Trump and his flunkies want to get the election decided in the House of Representatives under Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic majority? Well, under the 12th Amendment, we don’t vote in such a contingent election on the basis of one member, one vote, the way we usually vote. We vote on the basis of one state delegation, one vote. Each state gets one vote. So the Republicans had captured 27 states after the congressional elections. We have 22 states, and one state was split down the middle, Pennsylvania. So even had Liz Cheney defected from the Republican caucus on this, and I think she would have, they still would have had 26 votes to declare Donald Trump the president and to call the contest over.”

He concluded, “At that point, I think Trump would have been ready to invoke the Insurrection Act and declare something like martial law, call in the Natural Guard and pronounce himself a hero for putting down the violence and the insurrection that he had organized against us. That was the plan.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/05/raskin-trump-and-his-flunkies-were-the-inner-ring-of-the-coup/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Pure speculation, all of it.

And Trump never would have done any such thing, of course.

Online libertybele

It is troubling that such ramblings are being stated by a member of the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack to MSNBC.

Trump has already been convicted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It is troubling that such ramblings are being stated by a member of the House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack to MSNBC.

Trump has already been convicted.

Trump was convicted Nov 8, 2016. 

We'd be smart to "gird our loins" for tomorrow's sh*t show.

Online rustynail

"flunkies"?  They test that word or something.  Sounds odd to me.

Offline Kamaji

Yup.  And every time we are inclined to get angry at the lies and calumny, we should laugh, instead.  And ask why (a) there have been no charges made for anybody and (b) why is the kangaroo court, I mean committee, hiding so much evidence?   

Laughter and ridicule will offer us a much better weapon than anger or righteousness. 

Yup.  And every time we are inclined to get angry at the lies and calumny, we should laugh, instead.  And ask why (a) there have been no charges made for anybody and (b) why is the kangaroo court, I mean committee, hiding so much evidence?   

Laughter and ridicule will offer us a much better weapon than anger or righteousness.

We really should focus on ridicule (they'll give us plenty of material) because they want us to explode in anger ----- literally and figuratively.

Offline mountaineer

We really should focus on ridicule (they'll give us plenty of material) because they want us to explode in anger ----- literally and figuratively.
I'll leave that to those who are good at it, like Posobiec, Carlson, et al. I may take the day off from the internet worldwide superhighway tomorrow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

The inner ring of the coup

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Raskin: ‘Trump and His Flunkies’ Were the ‘Inner Ring of the Coup’
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 05:37:20 am »
We go over and over the same stuff.  no insurrection. 

http://rumble.com/viq2y7-the-violent-insurrection-that-wasnt.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 05:43:48 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 12:56:42 pm »
Every time I see some idiot on twitter or Facebook refer to this as an insurrection, I simply comment that no one ever overthrew a government armed only with flags and red ballcaps.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 01:11:28 pm »
Just think. These guys almost became the leaders of our country
Countdown to Resignation

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 01:42:40 pm »

I took time out this morning to switch from my usual FOX wake-up show over to CNN and MSNBC just to see "what in the world they might be talking about today"... :pondering:

No surprise there, of course.

CNN was a bit more reserved than MSNBC, which featured a huge Chyron at the bottom of the screen declaring: "One Year Since Trump-led Mob Storms the Capitol!" or some such.

Sipping my first cup of coffee of the day, it occurred to me in a blink:

January 6th has become the Left's 9/11.

For those of us who lived through the actual 9/11, we all remember the same things - the shock, horror and disbelief in watching our nation under attack from an evil outside power.

20 years later, the Left's "country" is no longer America, it is instead the State - the Federal Government, and last year on this day, they watched it with the same set of 9/11 emotions, believing that their way of life was under attack from an evil, external power.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 01:46:15 pm »
Until there is a conviction at a jury trial that withstands appeals, these are the words are the ravings of a lunatic.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 01:50:38 pm »
Just think. These guys almost became the leaders of our country
The sad part is, that we'd likely have been better off. 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 01:52:10 pm »
I'd wager the inner ring is inhabited, at least in part, by FBI types who couldn't find anything to pin on Trump, so they were intent on making something happen...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 02:19:21 pm »
Mark Noonan
@Mark_E_Noonan
·
10m
Why are they talking about #January6th? Here’s why:

Offline Kamaji