Author Topic: GETTR  (Read 924 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
GETTR
« on: January 05, 2022, 10:51:50 pm »
I never used twitter, but I signed up and have a GETTR account.  I like it.  Hope it prospers and is the death of that blackhole of liberalism they call twitter.

Post up your GETTR name if you are on the platform.. 888high58888

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Re: GETTR
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 11:30:09 pm »
Wouldn't you know it? As soon as people started joining GETTR in droves, they banned one conservative pundit (Elijah Schaffer), and now people are complaining that GETTR is censoring and is worse than twitter.
ELIJAH
@ElijahSchaffer
43m I am now fully learning the Democrat and Chinese connections of @GETTRofficial with only a little, basic research
Also a reminder they are banning people based on political disagreements
This looks really bad. They won’t explain any of this to me via comment.

ELIJAH
@ElijahSchaffer
 · 2h    After speaking directly to @GETTRofficial
Not only am I shadow banned on their platform 
But they indirectly admitted they ban people based on behavior outside their platform, not by direct TOS violations
So as of now, this is not a free speech platform @joerogan

Gettr Global Communications Director, Ebony Bowden, Anti-Trump / Pro-Obama Past Revealed
The new social media app, Gettr, touting itself as the ‘free speech’ alternative to Twitter has hired a global communications director with a long past of criticizing former President Donald J Trump, supporting Hillary Clinton as well as praising the liberal Barack Obama. ...
Daily Veracity (whatever that is).

I don't know.  :shrug: I joined GETTR as @FerdBerfle21 and will check in occasionally.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 11:35:27 pm »
Wouldn't you know it? As soon as people started joining GETTR in droves, they banned one conservative pundit (Elijah Schaffer), and now people are complaining that GETTR is censoring and is worse than twitter. Daily Veracity (whatever that is).

I don't know.  :shrug: I joined GETTR as @FerdBerfle21 and will check in occasionally.

So who is Elijah Schaffer, and what did he allegedly do that got him banned?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 11:37:39 pm »
Thanks for the update.  I'll post my GETTR "handle" when I join.  I'm still a little hesitant for some reson ... so I'll gve it a little time and see how it shakes out.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 11:40:58 pm »
He's with BlazeTV. He asked GETTR why they banned the controversial (and possibly white supremacist) Nick Fuentes, and now GETTR has shut him down. I don't know whether he was sticking up for Fuentes  or not.

All this social media drama is just not worth it. Time to cut back.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:42:18 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 11:41:30 pm »
He's with BlazeTV. I don't know what he did to offend GETTR.

All this social media drama is just not worth it. Time to cut back.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 12:14:31 am »

A little butthurt.  Maybe a little bitch?  I don't know.   

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 12:18:52 am »
TBR has an account..

https://gettr.com/user/thebriefingroom

@TheBriefingRoom
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 01:47:18 am »
I have an account under my website name Fullervision. I'm not sure if I will ever use it.

From an aesthetic/function standpoint, I'm not impressed. It looks like a bland Twitter knockoff without any identity of its own.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2022, 02:14:50 am »
GETTR account = Hoodat

(Every other name I wanted was already taken)

Don't know how to post or read other people's GETTs.  Busy learning Python right now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2022, 02:19:56 am »
I never used twitter, but I signed up and have a GETTR account.  I like it.  Hope it prospers and is the death of that blackhole of liberalism they call twitter.

Post up your GETTR name if you are on the platform.. 888high58888

What is your name there...there are several wingnuts...lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 02:20:09 am »
GETTR account = Hoodat

(Every other name I wanted was already taken)

Don't know how to post or read other people's GETTs.  Busy learning Python right now.

Gotcha
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 02:24:23 am »
What is your name there...there are several wingnuts...lol

I saw that when I tried to sign up, so since I am the only and best Wingnut I am  ...Senior_Wingnut!

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 02:26:09 am »
sorry, I am a technophobe, i really would not know the 1st thing as to how.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 02:23:53 am »
GETTR Shadow Bans Reporter Who Queried Ban of America First Streamer, Has 'Nothing More to Say'

Jack Hadfield   |   January 5, 2022 at 5:20pm

As National File previously reported, Nick Fuentes, the host of popular nightly show America First, was permanently banned from GETTR last month for seemingly no reason:

Fuentes attempted to rejoin the platform multiple times on Tuesday evening, but was banned shortly after each time, even as viewers watched on his live stream.

“If I go on there, and they ban me for being me, well what is that? It’s arbitrary, it’s discretionary, and when they ban groyper, that takes it to a different level,” Fuentes said on his stream, referring to previous reports from the Daily Beast and others that GETTR had banned the term “groyper” from their platform, a name used to describe supporters of Fuentes.

Schaffer, a reporter for The Blaze, was one of the first in the media to question Fuentes’s ban from GETTR, and received confirmation from the Alt Tech site that Fuentes had allegedly broken their terms of service, but they did not respond to his inquiry as to what rules Fuentes specifically broke, or what posts.  .  .

https://nationalfile.com/gettr-shadow-bans-reporter-queried-ban-america-first-streamer-nothing-say/

Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 02:50:26 am »
Gettr doesn't want me, Page will not load fully even with adblock turned off (3rd party frames). I tried it with a VPN to check if my IP was blocked...

That is fine, they (Gettr/Trump central) can keep sites like that, if they are going to behave like a twitter/facebook/Youtube ban place. Perhaps they are browser snobs, who knows.

EDIT: Seems they are browser snobs... I can access the site via Brave browser but not PaleMoon browser (my perfered browser).... So they can keep their site, I can stick with what works.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:55:38 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 12:54:06 pm »
Gettr doesn't want me, Page will not load fully even with adblock turned off (3rd party frames). I tried it with a VPN to check if my IP was blocked...

That is fine, they (Gettr/Trump central) can keep sites like that, if they are going to behave like a twitter/facebook/Youtube ban place. Perhaps they are browser snobs, who knows.

EDIT: Seems they are browser snobs... I can access the site via Brave browser but not PaleMoon browser (my perfered browser).... So they can keep their site, I can stick with what works.

Perhaps you could know why their browser preference if any or
the reason for your denial to join by asking them directly. I wouldn't
be bashful and post here what if anything you find out.

I did close a bank account with PNC recently when they decided
which browser I could use. They didn't like Vivaldi my preference
but they did accept Brave which was not on their list.

I parted company with PNC a few months ago.

@Slide Rule
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 01:01:34 pm »
I have an account under my website name Fullervision. I'm not sure if I will ever use it.

From an aesthetic/function standpoint, I'm not impressed. It looks like a bland Twitter knockoff without any identity of its own.

GETTR wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the blatant bias against conservative views.  Yeah, it might be a knockoff, but at least it allows you make your thoughts known.  Also realize TWTR is 10X older than GETTR, so it is kind of early to be blasting a site for not establishing an idenity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 01:15:30 am »
I took a glance at GETTR this morning, and I think I'll wait a little longer to see how things go.  I'm hesitant to join any social media; I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and I really prefer not to join right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.