Author Topic: Left Launches Effort to Win Midterms by Disqualifying Republicans for ‘Insurrection  (Read 432 times)

Online Hoodat

Left Launches Effort to Win Midterms by Disqualifying Republicans for ‘Insurrection

JOEL B. POLLAK  |  5 Jan 2022

Some Democrats are using the anniversary of last year’s Capitol riot on January 6 to launch an effort to win the 2022 midterm elections by disqualifying Republicans who supported the effort to challenge the 2020 elections results as “insurrectionists.”

The effort, spearheaded by Russia hoaxer Marc Elias, aims to use a provision of the post-Civil War 14th Amendment that was crafted to disqualify former Confederates or anyone who “shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof” from holding federal office. Elias has pushed the effort for months:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress…who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress…shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."-US Constitution

— Marc E. Elias (@marceelias) August 7, 2021

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/05/democrats-launch-effort-to-win-midterms-by-disqualifying-republicans-for-insurrection/

The 'aid or comfort' clause would by itself disqualify three-fourths of the Democrats in Congress.  But good luck getting the 'insurrection' charge to stick, especially since not on single protester has been charged with it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Somewhere there is an ambulance not being chased.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Throwing that turd an the monkey house glass could well backfire on those seditious bastards (the Democrats).

Anyone who was paying any attention last year saw the "mostly peaceful" sh*tshow unfold all over the country... Saw Portland's little zone which denied the Constitution or law, and violently attempted to oust any legitimate LEOs, including arson, assault, and even murder, with little to no repercussions, with a damage/theft total in the billions of dollars...

and now, in an event largely populated and encouraged by federal agents and instigators, with no arson, and the only murders carried out were done by LEOs there, now the Biden administration wants to make that a big deal. Total inflated damages under $1 million and that's likely some new furniture that wasn't in the budget, at least in part, no buildings burned, and the lingering question of how much was actually done by agents provocateur and other such types 'maintaining their cover' while operating sub rosa?

The glaring disparity in the application of the law (or lack thereof) is seen in holding alleged "insurrectionists" in solitary confinement with neither charges nor arraignment, in conditions murderers could sue over, versus the catch and release policies applied to very real rioters who actually assaulted, fire bombed, and looted.

Sure, some of America will sit zombie-like and suck up what ABCNNBCBS is spewing, without question, but I'd sure like to think an overwhelmingly larger number of Americans see this politically motivated mass psychosis for what it is, regardless of their race, creed, color, nation of origin, sex, gender identification, or even political party,  although that is hoping for a lot, simply because those who so crave power and abuse it will be addicted to that abuse, and will ever seek new groups to marginalize and oppress.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I guess I'd preemptive strike and start doing the same to any Dem who gave support to anything like the Portland riots, or a CHAZ, or overturning the WI legislature 10 years ago.

Do it to them before that can do it to us.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 06:03:10 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

I guess I'd preemptive strike and start doing the same to any Dem who gave support to anything like the Portland riots, or a CHAZ, or overturning the WI legislature 10 years ago.

Do it to them before that can do it to us.

:thumbsup: