Author Topic: Kinzinger: Most GOP Lawmakers ‘Not Courageous Enough’ to Tell Trump Supporters the Truth  (Read 354 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger: Most GOP Lawmakers ‘Not Courageous Enough’ to Tell Trump Supporters the Truth

Pam Key 5 Jan 2022

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Katy Tur Reports” that most Republican members of Congress knew the riot at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 was unacceptable.

However, Kinzinger said they were “not courageous enough” to tell supporters of former President Donald Trump the truth.

On the continuing Select committee investigation, Kinzinger said, “I think you’re going to have continued cooperation by a significant number of people. There are people that have gone quiet that also see the tragedy of January 6th and have no current reelection political interests in trying to push a false narrative like so many of my colleagues do.”

Kinzinger added, “Honestly, most members of the Republican Congress understand what happened on January 6th. They’re just not courageous enough to go out and tell the truth. And so you put people like — it’s easy to demonize and isolate Liz Cheney and I. We’re willing to play that, to do that, because it’s the right thing. If you put everybody on truth serum, they would agree with us. The problem is the base voters are not having anybody tell them the truth. And they’re the ones that are going to be misled and abused as they have been for so long.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/05/kinzinger-most-gop-lawmakers-not-courageous-enough-to-tell-trump-supporters-the-truth/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

GTH Kinzinger

Offline dfwgator

Does this guy ever STFU?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Does this guy ever STFU?

He has the right, but not the ability.  Someday he will get what is coming to him.  Every lowdown gutter slimball ends up face down in the ooze.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

For someone who is too much of a coward to run for re-election, he has no standing to call other GOP members "not courageous".

Principled people don't quit just because the next contest is not a gimme.  If he really believed in something, he'd fight for re-election.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Does this guy ever STFU?

Whenever a Republican steps forward to criticize or impugn other Republicans, a veritable forest of media microphones and cameras appear before them, because that's what the media craves - a Vichy Republican to validate their hatred of real Republicans.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

For the first time ever, I'm going to use the apparently vulgar word "cuck," because it fits Kinzinger better than just about anyone else in Congress.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

For the first time ever, I'm going to use the apparently vulgar word "cuck," because it fits Kinzinger better than just about anyone else in Congress.

Yes, yes it does.