Author Topic: Environmentalism has Lost its Way  (Read 82 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Environmentalism has Lost its Way
« on: January 05, 2022, 12:42:14 pm »
The Post & Email by David Wojick 1/4/2022

Driven by climate madness, the environmental movement has become the greatest advocate of destructive industrial development in history.

As Kant said: “To will the end is to will the means”. In this case the means to the phantom end of climate control have led environmentalists to abandon all of their principles. Solar and wind require environmental destruction on an unprecedented scale. Electrification requires the use of toxic chemicals on a similar scale. The hazardous waste stream is enormous.

Solar is the worst because the destruction of forests and open land is complete. Perhaps something lives under these vast solar slabs but not much and certainly nothing like what they destroy and displace.

As I pointed out in my recent article on Virginia’s ill-named Clean Economy Act, we are talking about hundreds of square miles of solar devastation today, for just one state. See my https://www.cfact.org/2021/12/27/paving-virginia-with-solar-slabs-is-a-bad-law/.

To actually meet our need for electricity would require several thousand square miles of destruction just for Virginia. For the whole country the numbers are staggering, easily the biggest environmental disaster in our history.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2022/01/04/environmentalism-has-lost-its-way/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Environmentalism has Lost its Way
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 12:45:55 pm »
Environmentalists lost their way  when they stopped being ecologists and went environ-mental.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis