Author Topic: Trump cancels Jan. 6 press conference, will speak at Jan. 15 Arizona rally instead  (Read 975 times)

Online libertybele

Trump cancels Jan. 6 press conference, will speak at Jan. 15 Arizona rally instead

Former President Donald Trump announced he has canceled a press conference scheduled on January 6th, the one-year anniversary of the violent Capitol Hill protests, and will instead express his thoughts at an Arizona rally.

"In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona—It will be a big crowd!" Trump said in a statement Tuesday evening.

The statement continued: "What has become more and more obvious to ALL is that the LameStream Media will not report the facts that Nancy Pelosi and the Capitol Sergeant-at-Arms denied requests for the D.C. National Guard or Military to be present at the Capitol. Their emails and correspondence with the Department of Defense exist, but the media won’t ask for this evidence, or report the truth! "

Trump went on to accuse Democrats on the January 6 House Select Committee of a "coverup" and labeled Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff "shifty" and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi "crazy."...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-cancels-jan-6-press-conference-will-speak-at-arizona-rally-instead
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump cancels Jan. 6 press conference
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 01:10:48 am »
Trump cancels Jan. 6 press conference
By Max Greenwood - 01/04/22 06:15 PM EST

Former President Trump is scrapping a planned news conference on the one-year anniversary of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The former president had planned to use the Thursday news conference at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., as counterprogramming for a scheduled prayer service at the Capitol to commemorate the events of Jan. 6.

In a statement, Trump blamed the House select committee charged with investigating the Jan. 6 riot for the cancellation. He said he would instead touch on many of the themes he had planned to discuss at the news conference during a rally in Arizona set for Jan. 15.

“In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona – It will be a big crowd!” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/588264-trump-cancels-news-conference-set-for-capitol-riot-anniversary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump cancels Jan. 6 press conference
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 01:22:10 am »
Donald Trump Just Rained on the Democrats' January 6th Parade
By Bonchie | Jan 04, 2022 7:15 PM ET

While the snowy weather may have other plans, Democrats are still tentatively gearing up for a day of “commemoration” on January 6th. Part of that will be CNN hosting a live event from the Capitol — in what is sure to be a grotesque, gaudy spectacle — in which they trump up the world’s first “insurrection” that didn’t involve the use of deadly weapons or anyone actually attempting to take over the government. Contrary to the hysteria, someone stealing Nancy Pelosi’s beer may be a crime, but it’s not an organized coup.

Yet, Democrats were also banking on another happening to bolster their January 6th spectacle. Donald Trump had a press conference scheduled at Mar-a-Lago on the same day, and there’s little doubt what the content of the discussion would have included. Yet, he’s now abruptly canceled it in a move that is going to leave no one upset except Democrats, who hoped to make political hay out of it.

This per The Hill.

The former president had planned to use the Thursday news conference at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., as counterprogramming for a scheduled prayer service at the Capitol to commemorate the events of Jan. 6.

In a statement, Trump blamed the House select committee charged with investigating the Jan. 6 riot for the cancellation. He said he would instead touch on many of the themes he had planned to discuss at the news conference during a rally in Arizona set for Jan. 15.

“In light of the total bias and dishonesty of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Democrats, two failed Republicans, and the Fake News Media, I am canceling the January 6th Press Conference at Mar-a-Lago on Thursday, and instead will discuss many of those important topics at my rally on Saturday, January 15th, in Arizona – It will be a big crowd!” he said.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/01/04/donald-trump-just-rained-on-the-democrats-january-6th-parade-n501924
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Trump cancels Jan. 6 press conference
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 01:41:11 am »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

Topics merged.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think this was a smart move on his part.

BTW,I have started to notice I am making a lot of typos and I can't promise I won't miss correcting a few.

There seems to be nothing I can do about this as it is getting worse with every day that passes,so try to cut me some slack when you see them.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 01:52:09 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

I love my POTUS TRUMP....can't wait for Jan. 15th....then.  He is correct,  as always. 

https://rumble.com/viq2y7-the-violent-insurrection-that-wasnt.html

Online libertybele

BTW,I have started to notice I am making a lot of typos and I can't promise I won't miss correcting a few.

There seems to be nothing I can do about this as it is getting worse with every day that passes,so try to cut me some slack when you see them.

I think it was smart on his part as well.  BTW, what typos @sneakypete ?  I make them too.   :beer:

Offline LegalAmerican

I think it was smart on his part as well.  BTW, what typos @sneakypete ?  I make them too.   :beer:

Auto correct does that to me all the time.  I write of...they post fo. I hoped people would forgive that as well.   888high58888

Online libertybele

Auto correct does that to me all the time.  I write of...they post fo. I hoped people would forgive that as well.   888high58888

Hey ... typos are the least of our worries.   888high58888

Offline Absalom

Hey ... typos are the least of our worries.   888high58888
------------------------
Hmm.............the problem has always been TYPO TRUMPY!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think it was smart on his part as well.

I do, too.  Don't do or say anything to take the spotlight off the sh*t show scheduled for Thursday.

Saturate the airways, Piglosi! 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 04:46:46 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

You haven't seen them yet because I triple check my posts,but you will.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
------------------------
Hmm.............the problem has always been TYPO TRUMPY!!!

@Absalom

No,the problem is retarded leftists who try to pass themselves off as conservatives.

Go look in the mirror if you want to see one.

Offline Absalom

@Absalom
No,the problem is retarded leftists who try to pass themselves off as conservatives.
Go look in the mirror if you want to see one.
---------------------------------
The essence of the problem has always been motor mouths desperate for attention,
who wouldn't know Principled Conservatism from Pistachio pudding.
When analysis/discussion/reasoning is appropriate, these know-nothings escape
into their cave headed "Politics is us."
Thank the Lord you're so much more enlightened than those ignorant embarrassments.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I agree. Definitely a good move.

Imagine all the Feds who have to change their travel plans now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I agree. Definitely a good move.

Imagine all the Feds who have to change their travel plans now.

Yup.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
---------------------------------
The essence of the problem has always been motor mouths desperate for attention,
who wouldn't know Principled Conservatism from Pistachio pudding.
When analysis/discussion/reasoning is appropriate, these know-nothings escape
into their cave headed "Politics is us."
Thank the Lord you're so much more enlightened than those ignorant embarrassments.

@Absalom

True,true!

I have heard that confession is good for the soul,and I hope this helped you.

Offline Absalom

@Absalom
True, true!
I have heard that confession is good for the soul, and I hope this helped you.
----------------------------
Hmmm...........do I detect a spasm of humor in your words?????
If so, the Almighty is merciful, bearing hope for the future.
Why not build on this and familiarize yourself w/Conservative Principles/Precepts.
Suggest you start w/the Conservative Mind of Russell Kirk; a colleague and
friend, sadly deceased.

Offline dfwgator

I do, too.  Don't do or say anything to take the spotlight off the sh*t show scheduled for Thursday.

Saturate the airways, Piglosi!

I suspect Trump knows that Rats' Jan 6 boondoggle will fall flat.

@Absalom

True,true!

I have heard that confession is good for the soul,and I hope this helped you.

Top notch @sneakypete    I think I love you    happy77    6666kiss

Offline LegalAmerican

So, Trump at age 13, would NOT date Absaloms, plain Jane sister and  Absalom, has been butt hurt, ever since!   Absalom could have been related to a president and billionaire.....shucks.  THAT IS HIS ISSUE AND HATE WITH TRUMP! 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump won't let Jan. 6th pass us by without making an appearance or comment.  That would be like Punxsutawney Phil skipping Groundhog Day.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump won't let Jan. 6th pass us by without making an appearance or comment.  That would be like Punxsutawney Phil skipping Groundhog Day.
That may be, but any comment will be made in rebuttal to the Dem frenzy, and in a controlled environment they can't load up with false flag operatives.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis