Author Topic: International Space Station Extended Through 2030  (Read 291 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
International Space Station Extended Through 2030
« on: January 04, 2022, 03:36:03 pm »
IFL Science by Stephen Luntz 1/4/2022

NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) have both expressed intentions to keep the International Space Station (ISS) operating at least until 2030, representing a six-year extension on its previous final operating date.

NASA has also secured political support from the White House to ensure the money is there to make this happen. Two of the station's other partners, the space agencies of Japan and Canada, are also expected to come on board, but Russia is considering withdrawal from 2025. Since the US provides most of the ISS's funding, whatever the station's name may say, endorsement from NASA is likely to ensure its continuation.

In a year generally regarded as one of the worst, NASA seemed determined to provide some hope over the holiday season. After the Christmas Day successful launch of the most powerful space telescope yet, the ISS extension was announced on New Year's Eve.

More: https://www.iflscience.com/space/international-space-station-extended-through-2030/

Offline rustynail

Re: International Space Station Extended Through 2030
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:48:37 pm »
They bought the Extended Warranty?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:49:24 pm »
If Russia withdraws in 2025, this may end up being the first shot taken in World War 3. It would be the ultimate high value profile target for a Chicom-Russia attack.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 03:50:46 pm »
They bought the Extended Warranty?

Right after the Indian based Windows Support Team helped them with their system glitches.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online ironhorsedriver

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 12:45:34 am »
By then China will be firmly entrenched on the moon!