Author Topic: Swords And Saints, By Navy SEAL And Delta Force Doctor Bob Adams, Part 1  (Read 102 times)

rangerrebew

Swords And Saints, By Navy SEAL And Delta Force Doctor Bob Adams, Part 1
by Dr. Bob 1 day ago
Share This:

Editor’s note:  For those of you who don’t know, Dr. Bob Adams is something of a legend in the Special Operations community.  A graduate of the Naval Academy and then BUDs and becoming a Navy SEAL.  Then, off to medical school to become a physician as a civilian again.  We’re not done yet.  Then Bob joined the Army as a doctor and became the Delta Force Command Surgeon.  He retired as a Colonel in the Army.  This means he was an officer in both the Army and the Navy. Imagine what the uniform looked like for a moment.  Army BDUs with a Colonel’s rank on one collar and the Medical Corps device on the other.  82nd Airborne patch on the Left shoulder, Navy SEAL Trident on the left breast below Army Flight Surgeon Wings.

What follows are excerpts of Bob’s book, “Swords and Saints”
“He was alive with multiple gunshot wounds, a right arm partial amputation…”

I slept in the on-call room dressed in my dirty uniform and covered with a light blanket to keep the sandflies from munching on me all night.  It was 2 AM.

“Sir, there’s a call for you from headquarters about a casualty coming in,” stated the wide-awake medic.  I shook the cobwebs away and moved to the one clinic field phone.

“Doctor Adams. This is not a secure line,” I answered.

https://sofrep.com/news/swords-and-saints-by-navy-seal-and-delta-force-doctor-bob-adams-part-1/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:45:10 pm by rangerrebew »