Author Topic: Manhattan DA Won’t Charge Andrew Cuomo Over COVID Nursing Home Deaths  (Read 242 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Mary Chastain Monday, January 3, 2022

I hope the office will explain how and why they came to this decision.

The Manhattan District Attorney’s office decided not to charge former Gov. Andrew Cuomo over the nursing home deaths during the COVID pandemic:

Cuomo’s spokesman forwarded a statement from Elkan Abromowitz, an attorney who represented the governor’s office.

“I was contacted today by the head of the Elder Care Unit from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, who informed me they have closed its investigation involving the Executive Chamber and nursing homes,” the statement read. “I was told that after a thorough investigation – as we have said all along – there was no evidence to suggest that any laws were broken.”

Gee, I wonder why the district attorney’s office hasn’t returned any requests for comments. I want to know how and why they came to this conclusion.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/01/manhattan-da-wont-charge-andrew-cuomo-over-covid-nursing-home-deaths/

Offline Hoodat

Re: Manhattan DA Won’t Charge Andrew Cuomo Over COVID Nursing Home Deaths
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 01:05:07 am »
“I was told that after a thorough investigation – as we have said all along – there was no evidence to suggest that any laws were broken.”

§ 120.25 Reckless endangerment in the first degree.

A person is guilty of reckless endangerment in the first degree when,
under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he
recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to
another person.

Reckless endangerment in the first degree is a class D felony.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 01:09:25 am »
 9999hair out0000

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 01:47:51 am »
One dead is a murder.

Thousands dead is a statistic.

He will have his day in a higher court before the ultimate Judge.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 03:18:12 am »
Let the lawsuits begin...
The Republic is lost.