Author Topic: Twitter permanently suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene account over COVID-19 misinformation  (Read 664 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Twitter permanently suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene account over COVID-19 misinformation
By Caroline Vakil - 01/02/22 10:08 AM EST

Twitter said on Sunday it permanently suspended the personal account of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) over the social media platform’s COVID-19 misinformation policy.

The social network said in a statement that it took the action after "repeated violations" of the policy.

“We permanently suspended the account you referenced (@mtgreenee) for repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation policy. We’ve been clear that, per our strike system for this policy, we will permanently suspend accounts for repeated violations of the policy,” a Twitter spokesperson told The Hill in a statement.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/587903-twitter-permanently-suspends-personal-account-of-marjorie-taylor-greene-over
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

So how does Twitter define “Covid misinformation?”

Rhetorical question on my part
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

So then, will people get their accurate information from Dr. Evil??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Twitter has been waging a questionably legal war against conservatives for years.  Basically abusing 1st amendment press exemptions as a scam.

Best thing conservatives can do, is to organize, unite, and apply a full forced "Short" of TWTR stock. Use reversed tactics the Reddit WSB guys basically used.

TWTR already has a weak balance sheet. TWTR has only a $34B (mostly speculative) market cap, which is less than chicken shit in this financial environment for a tech company.

Time to bring these mf'ers down to their knees. It can be done.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 03:49:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Twitter has been waging a questionably legal war against conservatives for years.  Basically abusing 1st amendment press exemptions as a scam.

Best thing conservatives can do, is to organize, unite, and apply a full forced "Short" of TWTR stock. Use reversed tactics the Reddit WSB guys basically used.

TWTR already has a weak balance sheet. TWTR has only a $34B (mostly speculative) market cap, which is less than chicken shit in this financial environment for a tech company.

Time to bring these mf'ers down to their knees. It can be done.
Ban twitter!
Read most of the comments on there, and it's a leftist cesspool, anyway.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I agree. Anyone of significance who has an inclination to join the Leftist Fascist Echo Website already has joined. I cannot see how Twitter can go any direction except down. Every week I read about dozens of people 'unplugging' their accounts. Twitter is following the same road as AOL and Netscape. Soon they will be nothing more than a trivia question. Who needs um?

Between their CCP totalitarian 'bans' on everything they disagree with, combined with everybody jumping from the sinking ship, Twitter is losing twice as many posters as they gain every month. Very soon Twitter will be obsolete. And it couldn't happen to a more deserving group of arrogant communist assholes.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ban twitter!
Read most of the comments on there, and it's a leftist cesspool, anyway.

This is mostly a Catfish prognostication, but if every conservative, conservative leader, and patriot would:

(1) Leave TWTR
(2) Not click anything having to do with TWTR
(3) Short the equity enmasse as a patriotic activity.

Results:

(1) Overall traffic would be reduced by 20-40%
(2) That reduction in traffic would translate closely with revenues
(3) Shorting stock pressures would take it much lower than 40-something the stock is listed at today.
(4) Three above would cause a death spiral culminatiing in company not being able to operate or pay employees.
(5) Twitter dies, or is absorbed by a competior or like minded conglomerate.

What I am proposing is totally counter to my normal sense of ethics.  But... when at war....  Think like Patton.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 04:04:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

This is mostly a Catfish prognostication, but if every conservative, conservative leader, and patriot would:

(1) Leave TWTR

Results:

(3) Shorting stock pressures would take it much lower than 40-something the stock is listed at today.
(4) Three above would cause a death spiral culminatiing in company not being able to operate or pay employees.

What I am proposing is totalling counter to my normal sense of ethics.  But... when at war....  Think like Patton.

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media.  I am guilty of using Google only because it came preloaded on my computer, notebook and phone.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media.  I am guilty of using Google only because it came preloaded on my computer, notebook and phone.

I hate Google most of all due to its what I find criminal intrusion in our lives.  I never use it.  I only use Duck Duck Go as a search engine.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 04:29:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Smokin Joe

I am reasonably sure the "misinformation" she posted, like many of my own postings on social media platforms which were cloaked or annotated or flat-out stopped, contained information which has already been proven to be true in peer-reviewed journals or will be within the next year.

just look at the falsehoods the purveyors of truth have passed out in the past year, and that is the narrative those platforms are using as a standard. Whatever refutes it will be banned.

Truth is not welcome there, except as a target for denigration.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

(1) Leave TWTR

Results:

What I am proposing is totally counter to my normal sense of ethics.  But... when at war....  Think like Patton.
Maybe not. Everything digital is wide open to manipulation. Since Twitter and China are lovers together, China could assign their Army of internet bots to keep Twitter's views and value up. Any attempt to attack Twitter would be an attack on China. China has endless money, resources, and manpower, to make whatever reality they desire to come to fruition.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

Maybe not. Everything digital is wide open to manipulation. Since Twitter and China are lovers together, China could assign their Army of internet bots to keep Twitter's views and value up. Any attempt to attack Twitter would be an attack on China. China has endless money, resources, and manpower, to make whatever reality they desire to come to fruition.
You have a point.

They 'elected' Biden. :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Only way the Chicoms could stop an organized concerted short of TWTR would be to sink what could likely end up being $50-$100B into the stock. They'd cut bait before that happened

And as far as endless resources have you been watching the Evergrande debacle?  The Chicoms aren't as solvent as you think.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,449148.0.html
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 04:56:33 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You have a point.

They 'elected' Biden. :shrug:
True. Having the vote count maintained and counted by overseas servers is the most stupid idea ever. And the Republicans sat back and let it happen. Wait until the Democrats push through 'internet voting'. 80 million votes will be nothing. The next China/Communist/Democrat candidate will get a billion votes. Republicans will accept it, again. SCOTUS will sit on their hands, again. And all the non-Leftist RINO/Independent - "We don't want to interfere Americans" will wind up in Chinese style camps.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
True. Having the vote count maintained and counted by overseas servers is the most stupid idea ever. And the Republicans sat back and let it happen. Wait until the Democrats push through 'internet voting'. 80 million votes will be nothing. The next China/Communist/Democrat candidate will get a billion votes. Republicans will accept it, again. SCOTUS will sit on their hands, again. And all the non-Leftist RINO/Independent - "We don't want to interfere Americans" will wind up in Chinese style camps.

That is the dystopian scenario that will only be fixed by armed insurrection. Not an endorsement, just an observation.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Through GETTR ....

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

:beer:   I really like MTG's attitude.
Me, too. She's a scrapper!

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

I am reasonably sure the "misinformation" she posted, like many of my own postings on social media platforms which were cloaked or annotated or flat-out stopped, contained information which has already been proven to be true in peer-reviewed journals or will be within the next year.

just look at the falsehoods the purveyors of truth have passed out in the past year, and that is the narrative those platforms are using as a standard. Whatever refutes it will be banned.

Truth is not welcome there, except as a target for denigration.

Sad and all correct.   888high58888

Cernovich
@Cernovich

A highly popular Republican member of Congress was deplatformed for sharing an opinion well within the margin of error of CDC data. GOP “leadership” is silent. But yeah they are gonna TAKE ON BIG TECH. Keep giving them your money, rubes.

11:25 PM · Jan 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Zero tweets so far from @GOP,  @GOPLeader or @GOPChairwoman about Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene being banned by Twitter.

12:12 AM · Jan 3, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline dfwgator

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

Nothing from @SteveScalise & @EliseStefanik either.

12:33 AM · Jan 3, 2022·Twitter Web App

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

The current GOP Leadership will certainly fundraise off of "taking on Big Tech" but do not kid yourself, they don't plan on doing a damn thing.

12:28 AM · Jan 3, 2022·Twitter Web App