Author Topic: Nasdaq’s diversity rule rankles GOP states  (Read 652 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nasdaq’s diversity rule rankles GOP states
« on: January 01, 2022, 06:05:23 pm »
https://nypost.com/2021/12/31/nasdaqs-diversity-rule-rankles-republican-states/

Nasdaq’s diversity rule rankles GOP states
12/31/2021
by Thomas Barrabi

A group of Republican-led states slammed Nasdaq’s implementation of a diversity disclosure rule for corporate boards this week, arguing in a court filing that the requirement is illegal and unconstitutional.

The states outlined their position in a legal brief supporting a lawsuit in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, which seeks to block the rule. In the filing, the GOP administrations argued that Nasdaq rule “violates both the Constitution and exceeds the SEC and Nasdaq’s statutory authority.”

“It is unconscionable to see discrimination so blatantly put on display by requiring these companies to hire employees based solely on race, sex, and sexuality,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement.

“The SEC’s quotas violate the Constitution and federal civil rights laws by requiring that companies overlook a person’s relevant qualifications under the guise of promoting diversity,” he added
The companies are urged to have at least two diverse directors, including one who self-identifies as female and one who self-identifies as an underrepresented minority or LGBTQ+ — and if not, they must explain why they did not meet the recommended standard.

More at URL above...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Nasdaq’s diversity rule rankles GOP states
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 02:33:11 pm »
Championing diversity is the most racist action one can take against the freedoms of this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 02:44:52 pm »
Diversity is, at best, a distraction; at worst, pure racism.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 04:25:14 pm »
Diversity is, at best, a distraction; at worst, pure racism.

Back in '92 I attended my corporation's I&D workshops.  (Inclusion and Diversity).  In it's infant state, it was a great idea trying to extract the most talent and ideas from the most people to improve company performance monetarily and safety wise. 

However, that concept has subsequently been hijacked, and in retrospect was proably a seed planted to foster future institutionalized racism.

I do have one tool, though not perfect,  that  you can use to review and choose companies and products based on thier level of "liberalism". Bookmark it, if you have any use for it.

https://www.2ndvote.com/company-scores/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 04:41:31 pm »
They IRS should apply the same standard to woke tax exempt institutions, such as universities and PBS.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 04:57:48 pm »
Back in '92 I attended my corporation's I&D workshops.  (Inclusion and Diversity).  In it's infant state, it was a great idea trying to extract the most talent and ideas from the most people to improve company performance monetarily and safety wise. 

However, that concept has subsequently been hijacked, and in retrospect was proably a seed planted to foster future institutionalized racism.

I do have one tool, though not perfect,  that  you can use to review and choose companies and products based on thier level of "liberalism". Bookmark it, if you have any use for it.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 08:27:23 pm »

I was working for a Large company then too.  Diversity was brilliantly brought in by leftists during the time Quality initiatives were mushrooming, and the idea of incorporating a 'diversity' of ideas gave cover to basically replace the increasingly disliked Affirmative Action which forced less qualified individuals to jump pass those more qualified.

It has always been a racist effort.  Ironically, diversity is a farce anyway as the strongest countries have historically been the least diverse populations.  Think Japan.  Think Germany.  Think China which is 92% a single ethnicity.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 09:22:30 pm »
It has always been a racist effort.  Ironically, diversity is a farce anyway as the strongest countries have historically been the least diverse populations.  Think Japan.  Think Germany.  Think China which is 92% a single ethnicity.

The first sentence I'll agree with, but I'm not sure your second stands up to scrutiny.  The Empire of the Medes and the Persians, the Roman Empire, the Russian Empire at its height, and within your time scale, the British Empire and the Soviet Union, were all ethnically diverse.  (Heck, the dictators of the Soviet Union weren't all Russians, Stalin was Georgian -- a fact folks in Ukraine like to forget when remembering the Holodomor -- and Khrushchev was a Ukrainian.  Lenin used Latvians as shock troops during the Russian Civil War.)  The monoethnic Axis powers got crushed by the ethnically diverse United States, British Empire and Soviet Union.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 10:43:28 pm »
"Diversity" is code for anyone other than a heterosexual, white, male, Christian, of Western European descent without an Ivy League education or sans advanced colleged degree - aka, Deplorables Need Not Apply.

You'd think after 30 years of involuntary diversity and inclusion re-education and window dressing, there'd be fewer middle-aged white male executives still squeezing the Charmin in the office.

Executives usually go on a anti-sexual harassment and diversity and inclusion spree after they just settled a sexual harassment or discrimination lawsuit without admitting guilt and requiring signed non-discolsure aggreements to receive the hush money $ettlement.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 10:46:42 pm »
Catfish remembers:
"Back in '92 I attended my corporation's I&D workshops.  (Inclusion and Diversity).  In it's infant state, it was a great idea trying to extract the most talent and ideas from the most people to improve company performance monetarily and safety wise."

NO.
From the moment of its inception and introduction, "diversity" is about one thing, and one thing only:
Anti-white.

It stands for NOTHING else...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 05:37:17 am »
Catfish remembers:
"Back in '92 I attended my corporation's I&D workshops.  (Inclusion and Diversity).  In it's infant state, it was a great idea trying to extract the most talent and ideas from the most people to improve company performance monetarily and safety wise."

NO.
From the moment of its inception and introduction, "diversity" is about one thing, and one thing only:
Anti-white.

It stands for NOTHING else...

So ignoring potentially valuable employee's ideas or input  who just happens to be from a different culture or background is a good idea? Have you ever worked or tried to function in a large organization?

Your response is so over the top, I won't elaborate further.
I will repeat...  How I & D was configured in 1992 has no resemblence to its racist overtones 30 years later. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 05:38:31 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 06:40:02 am »

I do have one tool, though not perfect,  that  you can use to review and choose companies and products based on their level of "liberalism". Bookmark it, if you have any use for it.

I gave it a look over, you are right, not perfect since it gave PBS a neutral rating (3).... PBS is far from neutral... but it does get most ratings about correct.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 12:16:27 pm »

So ignoring potentially valuable employee's ideas or input  who just happens to be from a different culture or background is a good idea? Have you ever worked or tried to function in a large organization?

Your response is so over the top, I won't elaborate further.
I will repeat...  How I & D was configured in 1992 has no resemblence to its racist overtones 30 years later. 

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 02:32:57 pm »
The first sentence I'll agree with, but I'm not sure your second stands up to scrutiny.  The Empire of the Medes and the Persians, the Roman Empire, the Russian Empire at its height, and within your time scale, the British Empire and the Soviet Union, were all ethnically diverse.  (Heck, the dictators of the Soviet Union weren't all Russians, Stalin was Georgian -- a fact folks in Ukraine like to forget when remembering the Holodomor -- and Khrushchev was a Ukrainian.  Lenin used Latvians as shock troops during the Russian Civil War.)  The monoethnic Axis powers got crushed by the ethnically diverse United States, British Empire and Soviet Union.
My definition of diversity appears different than yours.

Diversity as what we presently view is the forced incorporation of different languages, ethnicities, sexes, and inclinations, rather than the incorporation of the most competent individuals regardless of these attributes.  It forces acceptance of multitudes of divergent ways regardless of their prominence, productive strength, and goal orientation.  It is achieving variety itself as a goal rather than having productive outcomes as a goal.

In the majority of cases you cited, there are always groups and individuals who achieve success who are outside the chief ethnicity of that country; however, they were not forced into these roles, but achieved them in unison with the prevalent national attitudes.

As an example, the German nobility who assumed the English throne did not make England into Germany but assimilated themselves into the British Empire.  Languages were not changed in Britain either from Germans running the country.

It is the assimilation which is important, and the current diversity attempts directly interferes with assimilation.  China understands this well.

Diversity is creating a Tower of Babel.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2022, 03:47:57 pm »
Diversity and Inclusion is Orwellian-speak for "some are more equal than others".

It emphasizes differences instead of building upon commonalities ... like our common hatred for the supervisor that mandated we attend corporate window dressing training class.

Do I trust you to catch me if I fall?  No.  Don't take it personally.  I don't trust anyone to catch my fall.  That's why I try not to fall.  Falling hurts and can break bones.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2022, 04:01:02 pm »
Diversity and Inclusion is Orwellian-speak for "some are more equal than others".

It emphasizes differences instead of building upon commonalities ... like our common hatred for the supervisor that mandated we attend corporate window dressing training class.

Do I trust you to catch me if I fall?  No.  Don't take it personally.  I don't trust anyone to catch my fall.  That's why I try not to fall.  Falling hurts and can break bones.

Modern version?...spot on.

But way back in the day, it was a useful tool to make sure that there was absolute extraction of all ideas from all parties.  And truthfully.....  I am old enough to remember way back, that if you didn't fall into a certain class, the perception was that your ideas probably weren't worth a damn.

And don't forget that "D & I" didn't then absolutely mean race.  It also fell into categories of age, education, sex, prior mistakes, blue vs. white collar, departmental compartmentalization, etc.

What the woke left did to this concept is very unfortunate, and they f'ed it up for all.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2022, 04:02:07 pm »
Modern version?...spot on.

But way back in the day, it was a useful tool to make sure that there was absolute extraction of all ideas from all parties.  And truthfully.....  I am old enough to remember way back, that if you didn't fall into a certain class, the perception was that your ideas probably weren't worth a damn.

And don't forget that "D & I" didn't then absolutely mean race.  It also fell into categories of age, education, sex, prior mistakes, blue vs. white collar, departmental compartmentalization, etc.

What the woke left did to this concept is very unfortunate, and they f'ed it up for all.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2022, 10:43:58 pm »
Catfish wrote:
"Modern version?...spot on.
But way back in the day, it was a useful tool to make sure that there was absolute extraction of all ideas from all parties.  And truthfully.....  I am old enough to remember way back, that if you didn't fall into a certain class, the perception was that your ideas probably weren't worth a damn."

Nope again.
What we are seeing TODAY is the logical conclusion and progression of what you THOUGHT you were seeing "back in the day".

The motivations of those who were promoting it then were carefully concealed.
(As are all true motivations of The Party, Comrade Catfish)
Today, they let it all hang out.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 10:55:12 pm »
Catfish wrote:
"Modern version?...spot on.
But way back in the day, it was a useful tool to make sure that there was absolute extraction of all ideas from all parties.  And truthfully.....  I am old enough to remember way back, that if you didn't fall into a certain class, the perception was that your ideas probably weren't worth a damn."

Nope again.
What we are seeing TODAY is the logical conclusion and progression of what you THOUGHT you were seeing "back in the day".

The motivations of those who were promoting it then were carefully concealed.
(As are all true motivations of The Party, Comrade Catfish)
Today, they let it all hang out.

Wrong bud.  I was part of that managment contingent 30 years ago that worked in concert to develop system that extracted the utmost last drop of good ideas and systems from anyone and everyone who cared to participate.  That included the same cast of characters of  age, education, sex, prior mistakes, blue vs. white collar, departmental compartmentalization, etc.

These efforts paid off like a slot machine to the bottom line. Everyone felt ownership to success to the company, which

If you want to go out on limb, and call me a communist for that , when my motives were pure profit and organiational improvement, go ahead and make yourself look foolish.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 12:09:26 am »
Wrong bud.  I was part of that managment contingent 30 years ago that worked in concert to develop system that extracted the utmost last drop of good ideas and systems from anyone and everyone who cared to participate.  That included the same cast of characters of  age, education, sex, prior mistakes, blue vs. white collar, departmental compartmentalization, etc.

These efforts paid off like a slot machine to the bottom line. Everyone felt ownership to success to the company, which

If you want to go out on limb, and call me a communist for that , when my motives were pure profit and organiational improvement, go ahead and make yourself look foolish.
I was similarly caught up with that momentum in Deming's Quality Initiative.  People were proud of ownership and mistakes were noted, targeted and neutralized to improve the bottomline.

Our 'diversity' was a diversity of ideas to achieve a common goal of improvement.  It was not diversity to achieve a goal of being diverse.  Big difference.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2022, 01:07:47 am »
Championing diversity is the most racist action one can take against the freedoms of this country.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Not to mention Unconstitutional.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2022, 05:52:14 am »
I was similarly caught up with that momentum in Deming's Quality Initiative.  People were proud of ownership and mistakes were noted, targeted and neutralized to improve the bottomline.

Our 'diversity' was a diversity of ideas to achieve a common goal of improvement.  It was not diversity to achieve a goal of being diverse.  Big difference.

Which is the entire rub of my original premise.  The concept was well concieved until it was hijacked by sinister factions who had other intentions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:53:16 am by catfish1957 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2022, 09:30:35 am »
Which is the entire rub of my original premise.  The concept was well concieved until it was hijacked by sinister factions who had other intentions.

@catfish1957

Which is true of EVERYTHING the left does. They are after nothing less than total,undisputed power.

Hitler and Kruschev would be proud if they could see American officials following in their jackboot steps.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!