Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022  (Read 38233 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022
« Reply #4425 on: July 14, 2022, 01:57:34 am »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4426 on: July 14, 2022, 12:15:56 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4427 on: July 14, 2022, 12:16:20 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4428 on: July 14, 2022, 12:17:13 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4429 on: July 14, 2022, 02:13:05 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4430 on: July 14, 2022, 02:13:37 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4431 on: July 14, 2022, 04:21:18 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4432 on: July 14, 2022, 04:22:19 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4433 on: July 14, 2022, 04:26:19 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #4434 on: July 14, 2022, 04:45:40 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4435 on: July 14, 2022, 06:30:56 pm »

They were ahead of the curve, 1980s-style!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 06:32:33 pm by Kamaji »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4436 on: July 14, 2022, 06:34:47 pm »
I cant believe this is legit. Can someone confirm. Same as the 1/3 burger that folks believed was smaller than a 1/4 from Mcdonalds?

When competing burger joint started selling 1/3 pound burgers to compete with McDonalds 1/4 pounder the effort failed. Americans were convinced that 1/3 is less than 1/4 because of the numbers.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4437 on: July 14, 2022, 06:47:15 pm »

Interesting... this isn't the place to discuss, but...what the hell, right?  LOL!  I'm just posing a serious question here, @Kamaji

What if the earth was tilted for a period long enough where it was so windy and snowy during the day on the Asian continent...Korea...Japanese.... that it was ingrained in their DNA forever?

What I'm wondering... how long/many thousands of millennia are we talking about, for that to happen?

It's Occam's Razor, based upon the meme.   :shrug: :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4438 on: July 14, 2022, 06:52:56 pm »
Interesting... this isn't the place to discuss, but...what the hell, right?  LOL!  I'm just posing a serious question here, @Kamaji

What if the earth was tilted for a period long enough where it was so windy and snowy during the day on the Asian continent...Korea...Japanese.... that it was ingrained in their DNA forever?

What I'm wondering... how long/many thousands of millennia are we talking about, for that to happen?

I don't know what you are going on about @DCPatriot ... This are North American Natives... And not just the Umiak, Innuit, and Yupik tribes either... The Salish use snow goggles too and they extend throughout inland BC and Alberta, all the way down to right here... I am quite familiar with (and have made and used) snow goggles.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4439 on: July 14, 2022, 07:05:15 pm »

@Don't know about the earth tilting thing,but spending years living in places like northern Europe and then spending more years crossing the ice pack to get from Europe to Asia IS why Asians have slanted/slitted eyes.

Nature's law for all living creatures as well as plants is "adapt or die". She IS a heartless bitch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4440 on: July 14, 2022, 07:13:46 pm »
@Don't know about the earth tilting thing,but spending years living in places like northern Europe and then spending more years crossing the ice pack to get from Europe to Asia IS why Asians have slanted/slitted eyes.

Nature's law for all living creatures as well as plants is "adapt or die". She IS a heartless bitch.

@sneakypete

Nah. White folks have been in the north all the way along, and they ain't got slanty eyes.
And BTW, Eastern Native American tribes often come from caucasian heritage.

You really think the white folks weren't coming over here just like the asians all the way along?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4441 on: July 14, 2022, 07:30:57 pm »
@sneakypete

Nah. White folks have been in the north all the way along, and they ain't got slanty eyes.

That all depends on how you define "all along". We ain't talking about dozens of years,we are talking about centuries in some cases.

And BTW, Eastern Native American tribes often come from caucasian heritage.

No,they don't. While it is true that the native tribes in the east sometimes mixed/mated with the pale faces,NONE of the native tribes were Caucasians.

I happen to be 1/4 Tuscarora Indian,which is an offshoot of the Mohawk tribe from the northeast,and it was my grandmothers tribe that started swapping massacres with the white settlers in Virginia. It got to the point where the whites paid a native tribe from what is now South Carolina that were traditional enemies of the Tuscarora to help them fight the Tuscarora.

Didn't work.

So the whites ended up paying the Tuscarora to move back north.

With limited success. Many just went off into the swamps to hide,and nobody seemed to have any interest in going into the swamps after them.

What ended up happening was any Tuscarora that was caught became a slave,even though this was illegal at that time. They got away with it because the Tuscarora definitely weren't white,and it was a long ways and a long trip on horseback for anyone interested in complaining.

BTW,one of the traits I definitely did NOT inherit was not being afraid of heights.

You really think the white folks weren't coming over here just like the asians all the way along?

Mostly. There were a few that landed on the shores of North and South America after getting caught in big storms. They stayed because they really didn't have any way of going back to Europe,and the natives for the most part were friendlier to them than most of the people where they came from. Various Indian tribes look at taking in strangers and letting them marry into their tribes as a way of keeping the blood fresh.

BTW,when you speak of the "Asians coming here",they weren't Asians until they got to Asia. Some came south and mixed in with the various indigenous peoples already here,but most kept moving until they got to what we now call Asia. Don't ask me why because I don't have a clue,but that IS what happened,for whatever reason.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4442 on: July 14, 2022, 07:54:27 pm »

That all depends on how you define "all along". We ain't talking about dozens of years,we are talking about centuries in some cases.

@sneakypete

I am well aware of the timeline. Throughout all of history, the men of the north have always been big and white, with red or blonde hair and blue or green eyes... As far back as you care to go... Not according to what science defines... Go look at actual testimony from authors talking about em.

No,they don't. While it is true that the native tribes in the east sometimes mixed/mated with the pale faces,NONE of the native tribes were Caucasians.

I didn't say they were caucasian. I said they come from caucasian stock... Again, as far back as you would like to go, there are historical records of people writing about the Iroquois nation and the Cherokee nation speaking of red and blonde hair being present (present, not predominant), as well as green and blue eyes. Read the early French explorers and the history around Hudson's bay. That's white genes, right there.

Erickson was not the first white guy on American shores. Not by a long shot.

Shoot, there's SUMERIAN bowls and statues down in central America - And that's as far back as history goes.

I happen to be 1/4 Tuscarora Indian,which is an offshoot of the Mohawk tribe

I know.

Mostly. There were a few that landed on the shores of North and South America after getting caught in big storms. They stayed because they really didn't have any way of going back to Europe,and the natives for the most part were friendlier to them than most of the people where they came from. Various Indian tribes look at taking in strangers and letting them marry into their tribes as a way of keeping the blood fresh.

Nah. There was active trade across the North... The same way Erickson and the Vikings got here, but long, long before. Northmen were following the seals exactly the same way it happened on the west coast with the Asians. Shoot, the entire bronze age happened with copper from the Great Lakes. Go look where the copper was... And the tin... And do the math.

BTW,when you speak of the "Asians coming here",they weren't Asians until they got to Asia. Some came south and mixed in with the various indigenous peoples already here,but most kept moving until they got to what we now call Asia. Don't ask me why because I don't have a clue,but that IS what happened,for whatever reason.

Most of the Asians come out of China and points south
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:00:02 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4443 on: July 14, 2022, 08:01:39 pm »

I am well aware of the timeline. Throughout all of history, the men of the north have always been big and white, with red or blonde hair and blue or green eyes... As far back as you care to go... Not according to what science defines... Go look at actual testimony from authors talking about em.

I didn't say they were caucasian. I said they come from caucasian stock... Again, as far back as you would like to go, there are historical records of people writing about the Iroquois nation and the Cherokee nation speaking of red and blonde hair being present (present, not predominant), as well as green and blue eyes. Read the early French explorers and the history around Hudson's bay. That's white genes, right there.

Shoot, there's SUMERIAN bowls and statues down in central America - And that's as far back as history goes.

I know.

Nah. There was active trade across the North... The same way Erickson and the Vikings got here, but long, long before. Northmen were following the seals exactly the same way it happened on the west coast with the Asians. Shoot, the entire bronze age happened with copper from the Great Lakes. Go look where the copper was... And the tin... And do the math.

LOL!!  Leave it to @roamer_1 

For sake of brevity I named modern countries and cultures.

I realize there are more.

Just think 1000 Millennia or more is the reason.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #4444 on: July 14, 2022, 08:17:57 pm »
    In the Beginning

*It actually has its roots in the Sumerian tale of Creation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:19:49 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4445 on: July 14, 2022, 08:22:53 pm »
@sneakypete

@roamer_1

We are not discussing history in the traditional sense. We are discussing PRE-history. A time when nothing was written because there was no such thing as writing. Or reading,obviously.

Never even implied he was. Note my statement about shipwrecked sailors.

There was a lot going on that we know nothing about,and only suspect. This is because we are talking about a time before actual writing. We are discussing Pre-History.

Nah. There was active trade across the North...

Really? Give me a date when that started,and who the traders were. And while we are at it,define what you consider to be "the north".

As for me,I am discussing a time when the "land bridge" was new.

The same way Erickson and the Vikings got here, but long, long before. Northmen were following the seals exactly the same way it happened on the west coast with the Asians.

Once again,the Vikings were modern people compared to the people that immigrated over the land bridge and came to America that way,as well as to what is now called Asia.

Could be. I know very little about Asia during that period.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4446 on: July 14, 2022, 08:27:00 pm »
Just think 1000 Millennia or more is the reason.

A thousand millennia is a nonsensical number @DCPatriot

There is damn little actual written record beyond 4000 years. And that includes nearly everything we know.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4447 on: July 14, 2022, 08:31:03 pm »
@sneakypete @DCPatriot

I'll bow out. I love this conversation, but it does not belong here. We are hijacking the thread.
So ta ta, till another day...  :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4448 on: July 14, 2022, 08:32:58 pm »
@sneakypete @DCPatriot

I'll bow out. I love this conversation, but it does not belong here. We are hijacking the thread.
So ta ta, till another day...  :seeya:

@roamer_1

True. If there is one thing this subject is NOT,it is silly.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4449 on: July 14, 2022, 08:46:13 pm »
OKAY!  'Nuff wordz, more TOONS!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: