Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022  (Read 38382 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022
« Reply #3925 on: June 16, 2022, 11:32:16 am »
@andy58-in-nh

My 03 4 cylinder Ranger "beater pu" is about to throw a rod,so I am in the market for a new truck or car. For the first time since 1992. "Sticker Shock" is more than an expression.

Too old and too crippled up to fix it anymore,so I have to buy a new one to make hospital and doctor appointments,with the closest one being right at 30 miles away.

Surely, @sneakypete , you can find a redneck boy that could find a runner-driver motor for that thing and stuff it in there for you... I dunno about where you are, but them rangers/broncos  are a dime a dozen up in here. I know where there's two of them motors right now, and the bone yard probably has 5 more.

The one I would pick is known good from a friend of mine. Still in the rig, and I can hear it run. He wants 900 for it, and he'll pull it out. Now, I would do the R&R myself, but my other buddy is out of work and needs to make rent, and I know dang well I could throw another grand at him to do the R&R and it would be done.

That's 2, maybe 2500 and the old ranger is hummin down the road again. It's a bit to throw into an old rig like that... But it beats the heck outta going 10s of thousands in the hole...  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:33:56 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3926 on: June 16, 2022, 04:54:50 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3927 on: June 16, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3928 on: June 16, 2022, 04:55:59 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3929 on: June 16, 2022, 04:56:40 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3930 on: June 16, 2022, 04:57:41 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #3931 on: June 16, 2022, 05:02:30 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3932 on: June 16, 2022, 05:43:29 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3933 on: June 16, 2022, 06:23:53 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3934 on: June 16, 2022, 06:25:38 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3935 on: June 16, 2022, 06:29:57 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3936 on: June 16, 2022, 06:31:18 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3937 on: June 16, 2022, 06:39:53 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #3938 on: June 16, 2022, 07:26:13 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3939 on: June 16, 2022, 07:43:29 pm »

Considering you never know how long you have...I can see this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3940 on: June 16, 2022, 07:44:39 pm »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3941 on: June 16, 2022, 10:45:04 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #3942 on: June 17, 2022, 01:46:39 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3943 on: June 17, 2022, 03:01:25 am »
@sneakypete

Geez...IMO, the meme represents Mr. Pelosi being so drunk that somebody painted "Nancy eyebrows and eye shadow" on him.

Has nothing to do with his sexuality.

@DCPatriot

Ok,I will take your word for it. AFAIK,this was the first time I had ever seen a photo of him. For all I knew,that was what he looks like at "dress-up time" on Sattidy night.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3944 on: June 17, 2022, 03:11:28 am »
Surely, @sneakypete , you can find a redneck boy that could find a runner-driver motor for that thing and stuff it in there for you... I dunno about where you are, but them rangers/broncos  are a dime a dozen up in here. I know where there's two of them motors right now, and the bone yard probably has 5 more.

The one I would pick is known good from a friend of mine. Still in the rig, and I can hear it run. He wants 900 for it, and he'll pull it out. Now, I would do the R&R myself, but my other buddy is out of work and needs to make rent, and I know dang well I could throw another grand at him to do the R&R and it would be done.

That's 2, maybe 2500 and the old ranger is hummin down the road again. It's a bit to throw into an old rig like that... But it beats the heck outta going 10s of thousands in the hole...  :shrug:

@roamer1

Thanks,but having to take a taxi to my cancer doc appointment a few days ago,and then having to hire a rollback to haul my Ranger 30+ miles to my house "pulled the trigger" for me.

I bought a new 4 cylinder Toyota Camry today. It was the ONLY new car or truck on the dealer lot,and they told me they had more coming in "around 18 days from now".

Went to the Nissan dealer,the Honda dealer,and the Ford dealer first,and not a single one of them had any new vehicles in stock. The Honda guy told me "We are supposed to have 22 new cars coming this month,but they are already sold."

Same thing with the Nissan dealer and the Ford dealer.

Hell,I went to the Toyota dealer today to buy a white Toyota extended cab pu with the 4 cylinder engine they had on their web site last night,but damned if somebody didn't buy it last night before closing time.

The white Camry was literally the only new car on their lot,but if it hadn't been white,I wouldn't have bought it. I have no interest in washing and waxing cars every few days.

With the 8 speed auto trans and 200 HP,that little 4 cylinder engine has stoopid power,and gets 32 MPG.

Best of all,for the next 3 years,if it breaks on me,I get a loaner car to drive until it is fixed,and it will be fixed under warranty.

Too old and too crippled to be dealing with that crap anymore. If I ever get good enough to spin any wrenches again,it will be to get my antique cars running and driving so I can sell them.

Pretty happy with it so far,and I see the payments as just another way of "doing business". Probably won't live long enough to pay it off,so I look at it as a long-term rental that has the rent paid once a month.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 03:18:55 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3945 on: June 17, 2022, 03:33:05 am »

I'm grateful there is an even number of breast implants.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3946 on: June 17, 2022, 09:45:46 am »

The information ... as you call it ... is to not ever get married and to drive whatever Truck I feel like.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3947 on: June 17, 2022, 11:37:04 am »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3948 on: June 17, 2022, 11:38:21 am »
I hear you.........I just don't give a shit  :tongue2:
Finnally!
Someone who understands me. I am not gay. I have never been gy. What?
I AM NOT GAY! meaning attracted to ... Look man! I don't know what the Hell you guys are doing
I am not gay, I will certify and stamp it in wax.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...