Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022  (Read 38318 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022
« Reply #3275 on: May 03, 2022, 10:50:39 pm »
@Kamaji

That dude just lost that bag of cheetos.

@sneakypete If he's lucky, that's all he's lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3276 on: May 03, 2022, 10:56:21 pm »

@sneakypete If he's lucky, that's all he's lost.

@Kamaji

I'm thinking he was damn lucky to have the cheetos,and if his luck continues,fast enough to get the hell out of that vehicle (?) and close the door before the bag is empty,or the cheeta chokes on the plastic.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #3277 on: May 04, 2022, 01:27:38 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3278 on: May 04, 2022, 11:20:09 am »

I have fewer and fewer doubts about that proposition!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3279 on: May 04, 2022, 11:47:33 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3280 on: May 04, 2022, 11:49:06 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3281 on: May 04, 2022, 11:50:33 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3282 on: May 04, 2022, 11:51:00 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3283 on: May 04, 2022, 03:21:14 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3284 on: May 04, 2022, 05:31:00 pm »

@Kamaji

THE meanest cat I have ever seen in my life was a medium-sized female Calico that decided to move in with me after the neighbors moved away and left her locked inside the house in the summer. I saw her sitting in a basement window,so  broke the window to let her out. I guess she thought it meant she owes me,because she followed my home and followed me inside. Since it appeared like I owned a cat,I went and bought cat food for her. I already told the story here about a stray doberman following her home one day and moving in,too. The Dobie was her pet,and this big-ass female dobie would lick her until she was wet,and the cat would do figure 8's around her legs.

It took at least several months of living with me before I could touch the cat without getting clawed.

Meanest,and the cleverest cat I have ever seen. When I moved,one of the neighbors had a German Shepherd,and it wasn't long before he would run and hide under his house when my cat went into the yard to eat the cat food his masters put out for the cat that lived there.

Yet,she was defeated by a freaking squirrel.

The squirrel lived in a tree in our yard. I  had seen this developing for a while,and was wondering when the squirrel would get eaten. He was aggressive as hell. He would see the cat out in the yard,and come running down the tree to run in circles in the leaves to make noise to get the cat to chase him,and then run up the tree to get away.

The cat would get pissed and start out to do that,and then realize she was being suckered,and back down the trunk.

Came home from school one night at midnight,as always,and the neighbors next door were still up waiting for me to get home because my cat was trapped up on their second story roof,and a major snow storm was coming through. They waited up because they knew my cat was on their roof,and wanted to tell me and see if I could help them get her off.

Come to find out,that damn squirrel finally got her pissed enough to chase him up the tree and out on a limb that was really too weak to support her,so she jumped off the limb and onto the roof,just like the squirrel did,but the squirrel had it planned out and just jumped to another tree or another roof,and got away. With the roof covered with snow,the cat was afraid to jump.

So,with my permission,one of the guys that lived next door ran a water hose out a window and used it to "wash" her off the roof. She landed in the snow,so no harm except to her ego,and the fact that she was soaking wet and pissed.

I picked her up,took her in the apartment,and used a big fluffy towel to dry her,and she went and laid down on a heat vent.

She never again tried to chase that squirrel,though. No matter how hard he tried,and he did try hard,she would just turn around and look the other way and pretend he wasn't there. It was hilarious. This cat that thought nothing of mixing it up with a German Shepherd was afraid of that little squirrel. He would jump out of the tree and run around in circles in the dry leaves to get her attention,and it would seem to occur to her that is was that squirrel teasing her again,and her head would snap back the other way and she would pretend she didn't hear anything.

AFAIK,she never again chased any squirrels. I know for a fact I never had to get her off a roof top again.

She lived at least another 10 years before I had to have her put down because she was dying from cancer. My father,who hated cats and who I had to threaten to make sure he didn't hurt or kill her while I was at work was even won over by her. I would come home a little early some times and catch him cooking fish for both of them. In fact,the very last words he said to me the morning he lay dying was "You take good care of "that damn cat",boy!" That was literally the last thing he ever said. A minute or two later he was dead.

Even as he was dying,she was "that damn cat".

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3285 on: May 04, 2022, 07:18:35 pm »
@Kamaji

THE meanest cat I have ever seen in my life was a medium-sized female Calico that decided to move in with me after the neighbors moved away and left her locked inside the house in the summer. I saw her sitting in a basement window,so  broke the window to let her out. I guess she thought it meant she owes me,because she followed my home and followed me inside. Since it appeared like I owned a cat,I went and bought cat food for her. I already told the story here about a stray doberman following her home one day and moving in,too. The Dobie was her pet,and this big-ass female dobie would lick her until she was wet,and the cat would do figure 8's around her legs.

It took at least several months of living with me before I could touch the cat without getting clawed.

Meanest,and the cleverest cat I have ever seen. When I moved,one of the neighbors had a German Shepherd,and it wasn't long before he would run and hide under his house when my cat went into the yard to eat the cat food his masters put out for the cat that lived there.

The squirrel lived in a tree in our yard. I  had seen this developing for a while,and was wondering when the squirrel would get eaten. He was aggressive as hell. He would see the cat out in the yard,and come running down the tree to run in circles in the leaves to make noise to get the cat to chase him,and then run up the tree to get away.

The cat would get pissed and start out to do that,and then realize she was being suckered,and back down the trunk.

Came home from school one night at midnight,as always,and the neighbors next door were still up waiting for me to get home because my cat was trapped up on their second story roof,and a major snow storm was coming through. They waited up because they knew my cat was on their roof,and wanted to tell me and see if I could help them get her off.

Come to find out,that damn squirrel finally got her pissed enough to chase him up the tree and out on a limb that was really too weak to support her,so she jumped off the limb and onto the roof,just like the squirrel did,but the squirrel had it planned out and just jumped to another tree or another roof,and got away. With the roof covered with snow,the cat was afraid to jump.

So,with my permission,one of the guys that lived next door ran a water hose out a window and used it to "wash" her off the roof. She landed in the snow,so no harm except to her ego,and the fact that she was soaking wet and pissed.

I picked her up,took her in the apartment,and used a big fluffy towel to dry her,and she went and laid down on a heat vent.

She never again tried to chase that squirrel,though. No matter how hard he tried,and he did try hard,she would just turn around and look the other way and pretend he wasn't there. It was hilarious. This cat that thought nothing of mixing it up with a German Shepherd was afraid of that little squirrel. He would jump out of the tree and run around in circles in the dry leaves to get her attention,and it would seem to occur to her that is was that squirrel teasing her again,and her head would snap back the other way and she would pretend she didn't hear anything.

AFAIK,she never again chased any squirrels. I know for a fact I never had to get her off a roof top again.

She lived at least another 10 years before I had to have her put down because she was dying from cancer. My father,who hated cats and who I had to threaten to make sure he didn't hurt or kill her while I was at work was even won over by her. I would come home a little early some times and catch him cooking fish for both of them. In fact,the very last words he said to me the morning he lay dying was "You take good care of "that damn cat",boy!" That was literally the last thing he ever said. A minute or two later he was dead.

@sneakypete

Great post...great story!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3286 on: May 04, 2022, 07:31:54 pm »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3287 on: May 04, 2022, 08:28:09 pm »
@sneakypete

Great post...great story!    :beer:
Ditto! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3288 on: May 04, 2022, 08:37:13 pm »
Ditto!

@sneakypete has a heart of gold when it comes to innocent animules.  No denying that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3289 on: May 04, 2022, 10:58:17 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3290 on: May 04, 2022, 11:33:27 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3291 on: May 04, 2022, 11:59:05 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 12:06:30 am by sneakypete »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3293 on: May 05, 2022, 10:53:40 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3294 on: May 05, 2022, 11:09:23 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3295 on: May 05, 2022, 11:10:35 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3296 on: May 05, 2022, 11:11:00 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3297 on: May 05, 2022, 11:11:49 am »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3298 on: May 05, 2022, 11:42:08 am »
She is doing her part.

Every cat should live in a castle. Lol.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3299 on: May 05, 2022, 11:44:20 am »
@Kamaji

@sneakypete

What is this strange thing in my eyes that has me crying like a baby right now?  Thank you my friend for posting this . ❤️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️