Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022  (Read 38361 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022
« Reply #575 on: January 14, 2022, 06:49:30 pm »
Or sodium, or phosphorous..

Those would be ... interesting ... as well.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #576 on: January 14, 2022, 06:53:41 pm »

At least leave your windows open. Firemen will break them if need be, and you have the added inconvenience of not being able to move the vehicle until the hoses are rolled up after the fire.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #577 on: January 14, 2022, 06:54:22 pm »
Those would be ... interesting ... as well.

I wonder what a cube of Radon would look like?  Or Clorine?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #578 on: January 14, 2022, 06:56:04 pm »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #579 on: January 14, 2022, 07:06:58 pm »
I wonder what a cube of Radon would look like?  Or Clorine?

If they were frozen, then a cube could be manufactured - so long as the temperature was kept cold enough.  I, for one, would not want to be the one to let the freezer fail on the chlorine cube!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2022, 07:08:53 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2022, 07:10:08 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2022, 07:20:22 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2022, 07:22:14 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2022, 07:32:45 pm »

« Reply #585 on: January 14, 2022, 08:05:21 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2022, 08:16:36 pm »

I'll bet they don't have a U-235 cube available!

The Osmium cube would weigh 1.57 lbs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »
If they were frozen, then a cube could be manufactured - so long as the temperature was kept cold enough.

Good luck on that Helium cube.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2022, 08:22:57 pm »
I wonder what a cube of Radon would look like?  Or Chlorine?

Solid chlorine:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2022, 08:25:42 pm »
Good luck on that Helium cube.
It's floating around here somewhere... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #590 on: January 14, 2022, 08:26:49 pm »

Where is that bus stop?  Some liquid nitrogen and a hammer, and that money is as good as mine.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2022, 08:32:11 pm »
Where is that bus stop?  Some liquid nitrogen and a hammer, and that money is as good as mine.

I'd take an acetylene torch and cut it off at the supporting flange.  Then I can take it home and perform anything I want to in a shop.  Diamond saws work for this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2022, 08:41:45 pm »

I'd take an acetylene torch and cut it off at the supporting flange.  Then I can take it home and perform anything I want to in a shop.  Diamond saws work for this.

Split the proceeds!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2022, 09:05:14 pm »
Here's more info.  It isn't the glass, but a film applied to the glass.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3m-3-million-behind-bulletproof-glass-challenge-real-caroline-moffatt

Liquid nitrogen would have worked.  So would an acetylene torch directly on the glass surface.

My personal favorite is thermite, but that would have burnt up the money too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2022, 09:11:31 pm »
My personal favorite is thermite, but that would have burnt up the money too.

Don't let this happen to you!

I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2022, 09:18:29 pm »
Go tax fraud!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2022, 09:24:47 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2022, 10:34:51 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2022, 10:37:52 pm »
Actually, I would have heated it with the torch, then the liquid N2, then the hammer, but GMTA...

C S Lewis

« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2022, 11:31:21 pm »