Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 65055 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #575 on: September 02, 2022, 01:37:13 pm »
Through the years, we came to know Quix as a good and kind man. May he Rest In Peace.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:40:13 am by mystery-ak »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #577 on: September 02, 2022, 02:18:55 pm »
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,479482.new.html#new

Interesting man who led an interesting life. I never had any interactions with him here that I can recall. But what a testimony, to have been a believer from a young age and to finish well! Rest In Peace.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:40:51 am by mystery-ak »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #578 on: September 02, 2022, 02:31:58 pm »
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,479482.new.html#new

Among the many kind things said about Quix in the obituary:

"Del was known as a bird of rare plumage, and he made an impression upon folks wherever he went."

"Constant Comment Tea was Del's favorite, which was ironic, because he was one to constantly comment on just about anything, through both his conversations and his prolific writing, in real life and on the Internet. Del maintained lifelong friendships with many people throughout the world. He said his goal when relating to others was to "Love as Jesus Loved".

RIP.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:41:25 am by mystery-ak »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #579 on: September 02, 2022, 02:54:44 pm »
Sad we didn't know Quix until after he died though right?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #580 on: September 02, 2022, 03:15:22 pm »

I'm fairly sure that he and Marcella were professionally acquainted.

Yes, and good friends.  This news broke my heart.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #581 on: September 02, 2022, 03:28:23 pm »
I was fortunate enough to correspond with him some. In my knowledge, he was an interesting guy, loved The Lord, and a talented potter, among so much else. I am sorry he is gone but know I'll 'see' him again some day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #582 on: September 02, 2022, 03:37:55 pm »
I was fortunate enough to correspond with him some. In my knowledge, he was an interesting guy, loved The Lord, and a talented potter, among so much else. I am sorry he is gone but know I'll 'see' him again some day.

That's right, remember now he was a potter. He posted some of his stuff once or twice. It was top notch. And he'd often give it away.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #583 on: September 02, 2022, 04:53:51 pm »
Yes, and good friends.  This news broke my heart.

I broke the news to her this morning.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #584 on: September 02, 2022, 05:08:48 pm »
I broke the news to her this morning.

Thanks!!! 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #585 on: September 02, 2022, 09:56:52 pm »
People who indulge in the kind of topics Quix did tend not to like to have their names and personage out in the open. But it's also kind of a relief that it appears he was, in fact, a real person, and not some government agent posing as a kook to lure out the crazies (see: Hal Turner).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2022, 10:06:59 pm »
Here's an interesting obit:

"The Man of the Hole," the last known member of his Amazon tribe, dies at approximately 60

From the 1970s to the 1990s, Brazilian privateers launched raids on numerous Amazon tribes, eradicating many of them. In the case of the Tanaru, by 1996, one man survived. Virtually nothing was known about him, and the Brazilian government eventually established a reservation for the man, who was monitored by remote surveillance. He earned his nickname "Man of the Hole" because of the way he would structure his houses with a large pit underneath them.

The Man of the Hole is believed to have died in July, having anticipated his death by preparing himself in what appeared to be funeral attire, and was found August 24.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_the_Hole

Online mountaineer

« Reply #587 on: September 08, 2022, 01:38:17 pm »
Jeremy Barr
@jeremymbarr
CNN chief executive Chris Licht announces the death yesterday of legendary former CNN anchor Bernard Shaw.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #588 on: September 08, 2022, 05:17:51 pm »
CNN anchor Bernard Shaw dead at 82

CNN) — Former CNN anchor Bernard Shaw died Wednesday of pneumonia unrelated to Covid-19, Shaw's family announced in a statement Thursday. Shaw was 82.

Shaw was CNN's first chief anchor and was with the network when it launched on June 1, 1980. He retired from CNN after more than 20 years on February 28, 2001.

During his storied career, Shaw reported on some of the biggest stories of that time -- including the student revolt in Tiananmen Square in May 1989, the First Gulf war live from Baghdad in 1991, and the 2000 presidential election.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/media/bernard-shaw-obituary/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #589 on: September 08, 2022, 05:41:02 pm »
The Queen is dead! Long Live the King!

Queen Elizabeth has died at the age of 96.

Prince Charles will now ascend the throne to become King.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #590 on: September 11, 2022, 10:22:58 pm »
This is something. A former MLB player who became a Port Authority police officer.
Former Braves Player Anthony Varvaro Killed Driving To 9/11 Memorial
by Alejandro Avila
 about 2 hours ago updated 3 minutes ago   

Former Atlanta Braves pitcher Anthony Varvaro passed away on Sunday, as announced by the team. He was 37.

Varvaro was a six-year MLB pitcher before he retired from baseball in June 2016 to become a Port Authority New York and New Jersey police officer. He was reportedly headed to the World Trade Center Command on Sunday when a driver on the wrong side of the road collided head-on with Varvaro’s vehicle.

Varvaro first debuted with the Seattle Mariners in 2010; he spent several seasons with Atlanta (2011-14); then played with the Boston Red Sox for a season before pursuing his call of duty. ...
Outkick

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2022, 12:24:35 am »
This is something. A former MLB player who became a Port Authority police officer.Outkick

I saw that on the Braves website.  Very sad.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

« Reply #592 on: September 13, 2022, 10:09:49 pm »
Ken Starr, Clinton investigator, dead at 76

Ken Starr, a noted attorney who helped impeach one president and defended another from the same fate, died Tuesday at the age of 76.

Starr died in Houston of complications from surgery at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, a statement released by his family said.

"We are deeply saddened with the loss of our dear and loving Father and Grandfather, whom we admired for his prodigious work ethic, but who always put his family first," Starr's son, Randall P. Starr, said in a statement. "The love, energy, endearing sense of humor, and fun-loving interest Dad exhibited to each of us was truly special, and we cherish the many wonderful memories we were able to experience with him. He is now with his Lord and Savior."...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ken-starr-clinton-investigator-dead-76
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #593 on: September 13, 2022, 10:45:05 pm »
WASHINGTON — Ken Starr, a former federal appellate judge and a prominent attorney whose criminal investigation of Bill Clinton led to the president’s impeachment, has died at age 76, his family said Tuesday.

Starr died at a hospital Tuesday of complications from surgery, according to his former colleague, attorney Mark Lanier. He said Starr had been hospitalized in an intensive care unit in Houston for about four months.  ...
More
That stinks. I wonder if these post-surgery issues were avoidable.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #594 on: September 13, 2022, 10:51:54 pm »
More
That stinks. I wonder if these post-surgery issues were avoidable.

4 months in an ICU is a very long time. I'm sure it was tremendously difficult for the family.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #595 on: September 14, 2022, 04:30:09 pm »
Jesse Powell dies at 51

The 1990s R&B singer was a one-hit wonder for his song "You." He suffered a cardiac arrest and died September 13, a day after his 51st birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=razbDEEhb1I

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #596 on: September 14, 2022, 04:37:38 pm »
Jesse Powell dies at 51

The 1990s R&B singer was a one-hit wonder for his song "You." He suffered a cardiac arrest and died September 13, a day after his 51st birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=razbDEEhb1I

As much as I keep up with music, I honestly do not remember who this is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #597 on: September 15, 2022, 01:01:39 pm »
Mark Miller, ‘Days of our Lives’ and ‘Please Don’t Eat the Daisies’ star, dead at 97

By Samantha Ibrahim
September 15, 2022

“Days of Our Lives” star Mark Miller has passed away at the age of 97.

Miller died in Santa Monica, Calif. on Sept. 9 from natural causes. Actress Penelope Ann Miller confirmed her father’s death on Twitter Wednesday.

“My Papa’s beautiful soul left this earth 9/9/2022,” her heartfelt tribute began. “He loved deeply & was loved by all who knew him. He touched many lives.”

“He was funny, fun, & always creating. He cherished this life and saw the glass half full! I was blessed to call him my dad,” the “Chaplin” star, 58, wrote.

Aside from starring in the iconic soap opera from 1975 to 1976, Miller also played the father on the NBC sitcom “Please Don’t Eat the Daisies” from 1965 to 1967. He also acted in ’80s movies like “Christmas Mountain” and “Savannah Smiles.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/09/15/days-of-our-lives-star-mark-miller-dead-at-97/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #598 on: September 15, 2022, 11:47:22 pm »
Truth be told, I don't either. For a top-10 song, you'd think I'd recognize it. But the 90s were a weird time for music and the charts were all out of wack because people stopped buying singles and started downloading off the Internet. So there were huge hits on the radio that never charted because they weren't released as singles, but also songs like this that managed to make top 10 but very few people remember them.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2022, 12:08:26 am »

Name sounds vaguely familiar but otherwise total blank.
The Republic is lost.