Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 64977 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2022, 02:01:38 am »
How fragile life is
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #426 on: July 16, 2022, 03:00:45 am »
One of the members of my parish just went that way two days ago. He was visiting a friend, fell backwards, hit his head and passed away.

@verga

As long as his bills and his will are in order,that beats the hell out of most ways to die,and damn sure beats a long,drawn-out deal from cancer or some other disease.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2022, 06:45:41 pm »
Mickey Rooney Jr., legendary actor’s son and original Mouseketeer, dead at 77

By Samantha Ibrahim
July 18, 2022

Mickey Rooney Jr. — the son of screen icon Mickey Rooney — has died. He was 77.

Rooney Jr. was the “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” star’s first of nine children and passed away on Saturday.

His longtime partner, Chrissie Brown, confirmed the news to the Hollywood Reporter. She noted that the musician died from unknown causes at his home in Glendale, Arizona.

Rooney Jr. was an original Mouseketeer who appeared on Disney’s “Mickey Mouse Club” in 1955 alongside his brother Tim.

He also was a born-again Christian, according to the Riverside Press-Enterprise, and performed in bands with singer Willie Nelson.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/18/mickey-rooney-jr-legendary-actors-son-mouseketeer-dead-at-77/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2022, 10:08:09 pm »
Paul Sorvino, 'Goodfellas' and 'Law & Order' star, dead at 83
By Sandra Gonzalez and Brian Lowry, CNN
Updated 3:36 PM ET, Mon July 25, 2022
Paul Sorvino, an imposing actor whose roles ranged from the mob boss in "Goodfellas" to an early stint on the long-running cop drama "Law & Order," has died, according to his publicist Roger Neal. He was 83.
Sorvino died on Monday of natural causes with his wife Dee Dee by his side. Dee Dee Sorvino issued a statement through Neal, saying in part: "Our hearts are broken, there will never be another Paul Sorvino." ...

Sorvino is perhaps best remembered for director Martin Scorsese's "Goodfellas" as Paul Cicero, the mobster who even in prison retained a passion for cooking and fine cuisine, thinly slicing garlic with a razor blade. (Sorvino and his wife later co-wrote the book "Pinot, Pasta, and Parties.")

The actor took a role in "Law & Order" as one of the detectives but soon left, citing the limited range of the material.

Sorvino is survived by his wife and three children, including actress Mira Sorvino, and five grandchildren. ...
CNN

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2022, 10:18:06 pm »
Wow, bad month for mob character actors .....   Sirico, Caan, and Liotta

And now Sorvino?  WTF?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2022, 04:45:52 pm »
Star of hit '50s show 'Leave it to Beaver' dies at age 77

July 26, 2022 12:13pm EDT
Tony Dow, 'Leave it to Beaver' star, dead at 77
Dow, known for his role as Wally Cleaver, died Tuesday morning
By Lauryn Overhultz | Fox News

Tony Dow, known for his role as Wally Cleaver on "Leave it to Beaver," has died at the age of 77.

Dow died Tuesday morning, according to the actor's management team.

"It is with an extremely heavy heart that we share with you the passing of our beloved Tony this morning," Frank Bilotta and Renee James announced on Facebook.

"Tony was a beautiful soul - kind, compassionate, funny and humble. It was truly a joy to just be around him. His gentle voice and unpretentious manner was immediately comforting and you could not help but love him. The world has lost an amazing human being, but we are all richer for the memories that he has left us. From the warm reminiscences of Wally Cleaver to those of us fortunate enough to know him personally - thank you Tony. And thank you for the reflections of a simpler time, the laughter, the friendship and for the feeling that you were a big brother to us all. We will miss you."

A cause of death was not revealed

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tony-dow-leave-beaver-star-dead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2022, 06:43:37 pm »
Gee, Wally.  :crying:

Online libertybele

« Reply #432 on: July 26, 2022, 06:57:38 pm »
Gee, Wally.  :crying:

:crying:   I was young, but I loved the show!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #433 on: July 26, 2022, 08:01:28 pm »
Star of hit '50s show 'Leave it to Beaver' dies at age 77

July 26, 2022 12:13pm EDT
Tony Dow, 'Leave it to Beaver' star, dead at 77
Dow, known for his role as Wally Cleaver, died Tuesday morning
By Lauryn Overhultz | Fox News

A cause of death was not revealed

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tony-dow-leave-beaver-star-dead

Liver cancer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2022, 08:12:24 pm »
Liver cancer.

Whew! For a minute there I thought it might be something he caught from Eddie Haskel.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2022, 08:20:05 pm »
Leave it to Beaver star Tony Dow confirmed alive in hospice care after report of death

by Misty Severi, Breaking News Reporter  | July 26, 2022 01:20 PM

Leave it to Beaver star Tony Dow, who played elder brother Wally Cleaver, is close to death at the age of 77, according to his family.

In a quick turn of events, after Dow's management team reported him dead on social media, his wife Lauren Dow clarified to CBS Sunday Morning that her husband is alive and in hospice care.

The news comes two months after it was announced that Dow had cancer.

Dow has been in and out of the hospital over the past two months due to his fight with cancer, the team said last week. He was best known for his role in the sitcom Leave it to Beaver, which ran for six seasons from 1957-1963. He was also a television director who directed episodes of Babylon 5 and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

The actor was a fan of sculpting, according to an interview with USA Today that celebrated the hit TV show's 60th anniversary in 2017.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/leave-it-to-beaver-star-tony-dow-confirmed-alive
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 08:20:57 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #436 on: July 26, 2022, 08:23:13 pm »
Leave it to Beaver star Tony Dow confirmed alive in hospice care after report of death

I'll spare the Monty Python memes....  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #437 on: July 27, 2022, 07:53:40 am »
My mother fell down her basement steps, cracked her head open and died the next day.  She regained consciousness in the ambulance for moments, and went flat line after that and never showed signed of brain activity.  The human body is very fragile.  As one gets older, it becomes very easy for one to fall down and get seriously injured or dead. 

I made the mistake or walking around in my garage a couple weeks ago in the dark and I tripped over something I did not realize was on the floor.  I went down very hard, banged my head.  Not so much as a scratch, but I could have easily cracked my head open like my mother and died shortly after.

Extra care is in order when one gets older...clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #438 on: July 27, 2022, 10:34:25 am »
My mother fell down her basement steps, cracked her head open and died the next day.  She regained consciousness in the ambulance for moments, and went flat line after that and never showed signed of brain activity.  The human body is very fragile.  As one gets older, it becomes very easy for one to fall down and get seriously injured or dead. 

I made the mistake or walking around in my garage a couple weeks ago in the dark and I tripped over something I did not realize was on the floor.  I went down very hard, banged my head.  Not so much as a scratch, but I could have easily cracked my head open like my mother and died shortly after.

Extra care is in order when one gets older...clearly!

@jafo2010

I am probably wrong,but *I* believe that a lot of that is due to no longer wanting to live and suffer. You just really don't have much reason to live once you become a human vegetable and have no purpose OTHER than to eat,sleep,and hurt.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #439 on: July 27, 2022, 08:20:25 pm »
sneakypete...

I could be wrong, but I don't recall her being in pain.  Her cancer was going away.

In addition to doing the nonsense from the docs, she was taking mega doses of shark cartilage.  The cancer went away on her skin, and I think she was doing ok.  She responded well to the shark cartilage.

She fell, cracked her head, and died the next day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #440 on: July 27, 2022, 08:33:29 pm »
sneakypete...

I could be wrong, but I don't recall her being in pain.  Her cancer was going away.

In addition to doing the nonsense from the docs, she was taking mega doses of shark cartilage.  The cancer went away on her skin, and I think she was doing ok.  She responded well to the shark cartilage.

She fell, cracked her head, and died the next day.

@jafo2010

Thanks for the update.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2022, 09:21:15 pm »
Tony Down did succumb today.  RIP Wally.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2022, 09:26:49 pm »
Tony Down did succumb today.  RIP Wally.

Rip Wally, yes.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #443 on: July 29, 2022, 10:31:01 pm »
Paul Coker dies at 93.

Coker was an artist for Mad magazine and for Rankin/Bass Productions. His most enduring design was for the Frosty the Snowman 1969 TV special, designed specifically in a hand-drawn cartoon style to evoke the greeting cards for yet another job: a Hallmark Cards designer.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/paul-coker-dead-rankin-bass-mad-magazine-illustrator-was-93-1235081190/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #444 on: July 31, 2022, 05:49:46 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #445 on: July 31, 2022, 07:23:43 pm »
Star Trek Actress Nichelle Nichols Passes Away Aged 89
Nichelle Nichols passed away from natural causes last night, her son has revealed.
By Rhiannon Bevan
Published 25 minutes ago

Nichelle Nichols, best known for her performance as Nyota Uhura in Star Trek: The Original Series has passed away, aged 89. The news was just revealed by her son, Kyle Johnson, who says that she passed away from natural causes last night.

"I regret to inform you that a great light in the firmament no longer shines for us as it has for so many years", writes Johnson on his mother's Instagram account. "Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away. Her light however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration." ... More at The Gamer

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2022, 07:27:34 pm »
Star Trek Actress Nichelle Nichols Passes Away Aged 89
Nichelle Nichols passed away from natural causes last night, her son has revealed.
By Rhiannon Bevan
Published 25 minutes ago

Nichelle Nichols, best known for her performance as Nyota Uhura in Star Trek: The Original Series has passed away, aged 89. The news was just revealed by her son, Kyle Johnson, who says that she passed away from natural causes last night.

"I regret to inform you that a great light in the firmament no longer shines for us as it has for so many years", writes Johnson on his mother's Instagram account. "Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away. Her light however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration." ... More at The Gamer

Oh wow.  RIP.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #447 on: July 31, 2022, 07:39:45 pm »
Oh wow.  RIP.

Sh*t, dang it now I’m crying.

Rest In Peace sweet lady, thank you so much for being a large part of my life. You are and were an inspiration

888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #448 on: July 31, 2022, 07:42:01 pm »
Who’s left from TOS?

Kirk, Chekhov, and Sulu?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #449 on: July 31, 2022, 07:52:20 pm »
Who’s left from TOS?

Kirk, Chekhov, and Sulu?

Of the main characters in the crew, I believe that is correct.
The Republic is lost.