Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 65034 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2022, 01:32:38 am »
 Former longtime Utah Senator Orrin Hatch dies at the age of 88
by Caroline Vakil - 04/23/22 8:45 PM ET

Retired Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), former president pro tempore of the Senate and the longest serving Republican senator in history, died at the age of 88 years old on Saturday in Salt Lake City, his foundation announced.

The cause of death was not immediately clear from the foundation’s announcement.

“Senator Orrin G. Hatch personified the American Dream,” Matt Sandgren, executive director of the Hatch Foundation, said in a statement.

“Born the son of a carpenter and plaster lather, he overcame the poverty of his youth to become a United States Senator,” he continued. “With the hardships of his upbringing always fresh in his mind, he made it his life’s mission to expand freedom and opportunity for others—and the results speak for themselves. From tax and trade to religious liberty and healthcare, few legislators have had a greater impact on American life than Orrin Hatch.”

Hatch served in the Senate for 42 years, representing Utah in the upper chamber from 1977 until 2019, including a stint as president pro tempore of the Senate between 2015 and 2019.

He chaired several key Senate committees, including the Judiciary Committee, Finance Committee and what is now known as the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

Over 750 pieces of legislation either sponsored or cosponsored by Hatch were signed into law, and he “held the distinction of having passed more legislation into law than any other Senator alive,” according to his foundation.

Among some of the key pieces of legislation he worked on were the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Drug Price Competition and Patent Term Restoration Act, which “established the approval pathway for generic drug products,” according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

In his farewell speech in the Senate in 2018, Hatch gave a somber warning to his colleagues that the upper chamber was “in crisis.”

“The last several years I have seen the abandonment of regular order … Gridlock is the new norm. And like the humidity here, partisanship permeates everything we do,” Hatch said at the time.

“All the evidence points to an unsettling truth: The Senate, as an institution, is in crisis, or at least may be in crisis,” he added.

Politicians, lawmakers and Republican officials commemorated the longtime Utah senator on social media following the news of his death.

“This breaks my heart. Abby and I are so grateful for the opportunities we had to spend time with this incredible public servant. He was always so kind and generous with his time and wisdom. Utah mourns with the Hatch family,” Utah Gov. Spencer Cox (R) said in a tweet.

“Devastated to learn of the loss of Sen. Orrin Hatch. He was a cherished friend. I met my husband while he worked for the Senator. We will miss him dearly. He was a statesman that represented the best our country has to offer. Please pray for his family,” Republican National Committee chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeted.

— Updated at 9:18 p.m.

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3461165-former-longtime-utah-senator-orrin-hatch-dies-at-the-age-of-88/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2022, 01:34:45 am »
Former Sen. Orrin Hatch dies at 88

CNN) — Former Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah died at 88 on Saturday, according to a press release from his foundation.

"A man of wisdom, kindness, character, and compassion, Orrin G. Hatch was everything a United States Senator should be," said A. Scott Anderson, chairman of the Hatch Foundation. "He exemplified a generation of lawmakers brought up on the principles of comity and compromise, and he embodied those principles better than anyone. In a nation divided, Orrin Hatch helped show us a better way by forging meaningful friendships on both sides of the aisle."

Hatch, the former Senate president pro tempore and the longest-serving US senator in Utah history, served in the chamber for 42 years from 1977 to 2019.

He was the chairman emeritus of the Hatch Foundation, which focuses on civic engagement and political discourse and is home to his legislative records.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/23/politics/former-senator-orrin-hatch-dies/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2022, 08:08:32 pm »
Breaking Naomi Judd dead at 76

Details coming in

Offline Kamaji

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2022, 08:42:54 pm »
What a tragedy. She and Wynonna were supposed to go back on the road this summer... I hate to speculate, but they make it sound like suicide (or at least erratic behavior) without actually saying it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2022, 08:46:22 pm »
Judd's daughters announced her death in a statement on Saturday to the Associated Press.

"Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness," the statement said. "We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory."
FOX
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2022, 08:47:09 pm »
What a tragedy. She and Wynonna were supposed to go back on the road this summer... I hate to speculate, but they make it sound like suicide (or at least erratic behavior) without actually saying it.

@jmyrlefuller

I suspect that is what happened,but they just don't want to come right out and say it in public.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2022, 09:15:37 pm »
I didn’t know how she died.

💔

There before the grace of G-d go I

May she Rest In Peace

Online libertybele

« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2022, 10:33:40 pm »
FOX

Mental illness is vague.  Alzheimer's maybe?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2022, 10:35:16 pm »

Mental illness could be a lot of things.  You could be correct though.  I was thinking more of brain abnormalities. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2022, 12:24:40 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2022, 03:12:37 pm »
Joanna Barnes, known for roles in ‘Spartacus,’ both ‘Parent Trap’ movies, dead at 89

By Kerry J. Byrne
April 30, 2022

Joanna Barnes, longtime star of stage and screen, best known for her roles in the 1961 Hollywood classic “The Parent Trap” and in its 1998 remake, died Friday at her home in Sea Ranch, California, after a lengthy illness. She was 89.

Her death was announced by friend Sally Jackson, Deadline reports.

Barnes played unlikable gold-digger Vicky Robinson in the original “The Parent Trap” and returned as Vicki Blake, mother of renamed conniver Meredith in the 1998 production. Barnes also appeared in the films “Home Before Dark,” “The War Wagon” and Hollywood epic “Spartacus.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/30/joanna-barnes-known-for-roles-in-both-parent-trap-movies-dead-at-89/

Online libertybele

« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2022, 10:37:41 pm »
Naomi Judd struggled with severe depression. It led her to advocate for others with mental health issues.

In recent years, Naomi Judd was candid about her battle with suicidal ideation, panic attacks and the ups and downs of her mental health struggles.

The fight eventually led her to advocate for others, offering words of solace and solidarity to those who also struggled with suicidal thoughts.

Judd died Saturday at 76. Daughters Wynonna and Ashley Judd said they had lost their mother to "the disease of mental illness."

“We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory," they said in a statement Saturday.

While Judd in some instances said she had struggled with her mental health her entire life, she often cited the close of The Judds' "Last Encore" tour in 2012 as when things got particularly dark.

In her 2016 memoir, "River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged with Hope," Judd said her depression was at its worst after the tour, when suppressed memories of a childhood molestation re-emerged.

"I never dealt with all the stuff that happened to me, so it came out sideways, as depression and anxiety. Depression is partly genetic, and I have it on both sides of my family," Judd said in a 2017 essay for NBC News...................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/naomi-judd-struggled-severe-depression-163528232.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2022, 10:55:16 pm »
I think it is a positive thing for celebrities to speak out on this issue. Especially celebs that aren't known to party hard and abuse drugs. After all,who is surprised when Ozzie Osborn says he is confused?

"Regular" entertainers like Naomi Judd who SEEMED to be so well-balanced and in control speaking out about will probably encourage some people,especially girls,to seek help as soon as they figure out they need it.

I have to be honest,here. I honestly thought she REALLY had her "stuff" together. After all,raising two girls on her own while getting a RN degree,and then kicking off a music career with one of them is no mean feat for anybody,never mind someone suffering from depression.

If someone like her can admit they needed help,it just might encourage regular people to seek help early enough to make a difference in their lives.

I just wish she had done it earlier,when she was in the public eye and younger people would know who she is and what she accomplished.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 10:56:24 pm by sneakypete »

Online libertybele

« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2022, 11:00:30 pm »
I think it is a positive thing for celebrities to speak out on this issue. Especially celebs that aren't known to party hard and abuse drugs. After all,who is surprised when Ozzie Osborn says he is confused?

"Regular" entertainers like Naomi Judd who SEEMED to be so well-balanced and in control speaking out about will probably encourage some people,especially girls,to seek help as soon as they figure out they need it.

I have to be honest,here. I honestly thought she REALLY had her "stuff" together. After all,raising two girls on her own while getting a RN degree,and then kicking off a music career with one of them is no mean feat for anybody,never mind someone suffering from depression.

If someone like her can admit they needed help,it just might encourage regular people to seek help early enough to make a difference in their lives.

I just wish she had done it earlier,when she was in the public eye and younger people would know who she is and what she accomplished.

I agree @sneakypete it takes extreme courage to get help and ask for help. The stigma of being labeled 'crazy' because of getting counseling or therapy needs to stop. Compassion for our fellow neighbor and trying to understand what they may be going through goes a long way in helping one another.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2022, 11:01:46 pm »
I agree @sneakypete it takes extreme courage to get help and ask for help. The stigma of being labeled 'crazy' because of getting counseling or therapy needs to stop. Compassion for our fellow neighbor and trying to understand what they may be going through goes a long way in helping one another.

Amen

Offline verga

« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2022, 12:21:07 pm »

15 years ago my wife had her first Bipolar manic episode. It was chalked up to Lyme's disease Finally after 2 more episodes sheas correctly diagnosed. After the diagnosis was confirmed we have never made a secret about it. We are neither wealthy or celebrities, but if we can convince anyone that needs it to seek professional help for mental health issues we will continue to speak out about this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2022, 03:49:00 pm »
15 years ago my wife had her first Bipolar manic episode. It was chalked up to Lyme's disease Finally after 2 more episodes sheas correctly diagnosed. After the diagnosis was confirmed we have never made a secret about it. We are neither wealthy or celebrities, but if we can convince anyone that needs it to seek professional help for mental health issues we will continue to speak out about this.

@verga

Good for you and her.

The ONLY way anyone can overcome a problem is to recognize and accept it. Ignoring it and hoping it will go away just ain't gonna work.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #294 on: May 02, 2022, 09:03:17 pm »
Ric Parnell, the English musician best known for playing drummer Mick Shrimpton in This Is Spinal Tap, has died at the age of 70.

Read More: Ric Parnell, Spinal Tap Drummer 'Mick Shrimpton,' Dead at 70 | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ric-parnell-spinal-tap-dead/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0QdAbGym8A&t=10s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2022, 09:57:24 pm »
Ron Galella, ‘Paparazzo Extraordinaire’ and Jackie O stalker, dead at 91

By Nadine DeNinno
May 2, 2022

If you were somebody, Ron Galella pointed his lens at you.

The gutsy, fearless, in-your-face paparazzo who went to extreme lengths to snap photos of the likes of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, who took him to court, and Marlon Brando, who famously slugged him in the kisser, has died. He was 91.

The famed photographer died peacefully in his sleep in his home in Montville, New Jersey, on Saturday, his reps told the Hollywood Reporter.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/02/ron-galella-paparazzo-extraordinaire-and-jackie-o-photog-dead-at-91/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2022, 10:29:56 pm »
 May 2, 2022 5:31pm EDT
Country icon Naomi Judd died by suicide following longtime mental health struggle: report
Wynonna and Ashley Judd announced their mother's death at the age of 76 on Saturday with a heartbreaking statement posted to social media
By Mariah Haas | Fox News

Naomi Judd died by suicide following a longtime struggle with mental health, according to a new report.

The country legend took her own life on Saturday, multiple sources confirmed to People magazine.

A rep for Judd told Fox News Digital on Monday: "There is an investigation by law enforcement and the coroner’s office."

Wynonna and Ashley Judd announced their mother's death at the age of 76 on Saturday with a heartbreaking statement posted to social media.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/country-icon-naomi-judd-died-by-suicide-mental-health-struggle-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2022, 10:44:31 pm »
May 2, 2022 5:31pm EDT
Country icon Naomi Judd died by suicide following longtime mental health struggle: report
Wynonna and Ashley Judd announced their mother's death at the age of 76 on Saturday with a heartbreaking statement posted to social media
By Mariah Haas | Fox News

@mystery-ak

Sometimes people get sick and tired of being sick and tired,and when you reach a certain age,you know it's not going to get better,only worse.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2022, 02:44:28 pm »
Domestic terrorist and murder accomplice Kathy Boudin has died.

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=51337

Just a brief note that domestic terrorist and murder accomplice Kathy Boudin has died.

Kathy Boudin, who spent decades in prison for her part in the deadly 1981 Brink’s armored truck heist as a member of the radical militant group Weather Underground, died of cancer at the age of 78 in New York on Sunday.

For those too young to remember, the Weather Underground was a radical communist terrorist organization dedicated to the violent overthrow of the American government.

In October, 1981, Boudin and members of the group teamed up with the Black Liberation Army for the robbery to help fund their anti-government campaigns.

The Black Liberation Army was a radical, black nationalist communist terrorist organization that also sought the violent overthrow of the American government. They may have killed as many as ten police officers across the country. Remaining members of both the Weather Underground and the Black Liberation Army would later join forces as the May 19th Communist Organization, under which banner they would carry out a series of terrorist bombings through 1985.

They targeted a Brink’s armored truck, which they held up in Rockland County, making out with $1.6 million.

During the robbery, gunmen killed Brink’s security guard Peter Paige before transferring the money to a U-Haul truck a mile away, where a 38-year-old Boudin sat in the cabin.

Paige left behind a wife and son.

The truck was stopped by police at a roadblock, where Boudin — unarmed — immediately surrendered. Gunmen in the back of the truck popped outside and began firing on the officers, killing two policemen —Sgt. Edward O’Grady and Officer Waverly Brown.

Brown was a Korean War vet and the first black officer on the Nyack police force. O’Grady was a Vietnam veteran and left behind a wife and three children.

She pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery and second-degree murder in the death of Paige in 1984.

She spent 22 years in prison before she was paroled for good behavior in 2003.

The armored car holdup fell into a period in New York history after the death penalty for killing a police officer had been ruled unconstitutional by the New York supreme court, before Republican Governor George Pataki signed legislation restoring it in 1995.

Was Boudin shunned by civil society after her release?

She was not.

After jail, she was hired by Columbia School of Social Work Associate as an adjunct professor in 2008. She was hired as a full-time professor in 2013, lecturing about issues facing convicts and their families when a person is released from prison.

Help kill two cops and a security guard and get tenure.

Offline verga

« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2022, 03:57:38 pm »
Ron Galella, ‘Paparazzo Extraordinaire’ and Jackie O stalker, dead at 91

By Nadine DeNinno
May 2, 2022

If you were somebody, Ron Galella pointed his lens at you.

The gutsy, fearless, in-your-face paparazzo who went to extreme lengths to snap photos of the likes of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, who took him to court, and Marlon Brando, who famously slugged him in the kisser, has died. He was 91.

The famed photographer died peacefully in his sleep in his home in Montville, New Jersey, on Saturday, his reps told the Hollywood Reporter.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/02/ron-galella-paparazzo-extraordinaire-and-jackie-o-photog-dead-at-91/
I am refraining from speaking ill of the dead.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.