Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 64685 times)

Offline rustynail

Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2022, 04:29:45 pm »
I am refraining from speaking ill of the dead.

Is there a photo of the corpse?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2022, 06:02:12 pm »
David Birney dead at 83: Star of St Elsewhere and Bridget Loves Bernie passes away after Alzheimer's battle

By JUSTIN ENRIQUEZ FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
3 May 2022

David Birney - an actor best known for his work on St Elsewhere and Bridget Loves Bernie - has died at 83 after a battle with Alzheimer's.

The longtime thespian passed away at his home in Santa Monica on Friday his lifer partner Michele Roberge told the New York Times.

He had battled Alzheimer's for five years before succumbing aged 83 on April  29.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10779039/David-Birney-dead-83-St-Bridget-Loves-Bernie-star-battled-Alzheimers.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2022, 12:49:19 am »
Mike Hagerty, sitcom character actor, dies at 67.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/mike-hagerty-dead-obit-1349248/

(This guy.)

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #303 on: May 07, 2022, 12:53:13 am »
Mike Hagerty, sitcom character actor, dies at 67.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/mike-hagerty-dead-obit-1349248/

(This guy.)

Always like him. Did some really funny parts and characters.
The Republic is lost.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #304 on: May 07, 2022, 09:47:29 pm »
Country Star Mickey Gilley Dead at 86

Mickey Gilley -- a mega country star in the '70s and '80s -- has died ... this according to his own Texas community, which officially made the announcement.

The singer and founder of the "world's biggest honky tonk" died Saturday surrounded by loved ones -- sad news that the mayor of Pasadena, TX broke this weekend via the city's official Facebook page. Jeff Wagner writes, "It was my great honor to know this man most of my life. Mickey was a true musical talent who charted 42 singles in the Top 40 Country Charts over a span of two decades." The exact circumstances of his death weren't revealed.

Wagner went on to give a nod to Gilley for putting Pasadena on the map via the John Travolta flick, "Urban Cowboy," and added ... "We were so honored to have Mickey perform at our State of the City in February, 2020. Our prayers for comfort and peace are with Mickey's family, his loved ones and his fans." He attached photos of the event mentioned.

Gilley will probably be best remembered for launching Gilley's Club -- a dance hall that rose to prominence after it was heavily featured in 'UC' ... and which went on to become a tourist attraction for country fans everywhere.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/07/country-star-mickey-gilley-dead-dies-urban-cowboy/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2022, 08:13:20 am »
So long Mickey!

I heard him and Jerry Lee Lewis down at that club in Pasadena back in '80.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2022, 01:33:32 pm »
So long Mickey!

I heard him and Jerry Lee Lewis down at that club in Pasadena back in '80.

I last saw him perform in Branson, Missouri 10 or so years ago. He and his sidekick Joey Riley put on one of the best shows I saw there.  Strangely enough, I have never entered his honky tonk and I live relatively close to it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2022, 11:30:25 am »
‘The Big Lebowski’ actor Jack Kehler dead at 75

By Nika Shakhnazarova
May 10, 2022

Jack Kehler, best known for his role in “The Big Lebowski,” has died aged 75.

His son, Eddie Kehler, revealed the heartbreaking news to Deadline on Monday, explaining his beloved father died of complications of leukemia.

The actor, who starred as The Dude’s landlord Marty in the 1998 classic, died at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/the-big-lebowski-actor-jack-kehler-dead-at-75/

Offline verga

« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2022, 11:36:17 am »
‘The Big Lebowski’ actor Jack Kehler dead at 75

By Nika Shakhnazarova
May 10, 2022

Jack Kehler, best known for his role in “The Big Lebowski,” has died aged 75.

His son, Eddie Kehler, revealed the heartbreaking news to Deadline on Monday, explaining his beloved father died of complications of leukemia.

The actor, who starred as The Dude’s landlord Marty in the 1998 classic, died at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/the-big-lebowski-actor-jack-kehler-dead-at-75/
LOVED that movie R.I. P.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2022, 12:28:56 pm »
Bob Lanier, Basketball Hall Of Famer, Dies at 73
by Anthony Farris
May 11, 2022
Outkick
One of the NBA’s most notable big men, Bob Lanier, has passed away at the age of 73. Lanier, an eight-time All-Star, who was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1992, died Tuesday following a short illness.

After being drafted first overall in 1970, Lanier played 14 NBA seasons, compiling averages of 20.1 points and 10.1 rebounds. His pro career began with the Detroit Pistons (1970-80), before finishing with the Milwaukee Bucks (1980-84). He still ranks third in Pistons history in both points and rebounds. Lanier was named MVP of the 1974 All-Star Game.

Though Lanier’s illness wasn’t specified, The Athletic reported in 2019 that the former center was being treated for a form of bladder cancer. ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2022, 11:37:36 am »
‘The Sopranos’ and ‘Sex and the City’ actor Bruce MacVittie dead at 65

By Nika Shakhnazarova
May 13, 2022

Beloved actor Bruce MacVittie, best known for his roles in “The Sopranos” and “Sex and the City,” has died. He was 65.

MacVittie died in a Manhattan hospital on Saturday, his wife, Carol Ochs, confirmed to the New York Times on Thursday.

No cause of death was disclosed.

MacVittie became widely recognized for his role as Danny Scalercio on “The Sopranos,” as well as his recurring guest appearances on “Law & Order” and “As The World Turns.”

His career kickstarted on broadway, working as Al Pacino’s understudy in the 1983 production “American Buffalo.” He later took over the lead role.

Source:  https://pagesix.com/2022/05/13/the-sopranos-star-bruce-macvittie-dead-at-65

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2022, 04:03:53 pm »
R.I.P. Fred Ward. The star of "The Right Stuff" "Remo Williams" and Tremors" was 79.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2022, 04:15:18 pm »
‘The Sopranos’ and ‘Sex and the City’ actor Bruce MacVittie dead at 65
I remember him from L&O. A versatile actor.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2022, 04:39:43 pm »

That's where I always see him too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2022, 04:57:57 pm »
R.I.P. Fred Ward. The star of "The Right Stuff" "Remo Williams" and Tremors" was 79.

NY Post Obit:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/fred-ward-short-cuts-and-tremors-actor-dead-at-79/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2022, 05:36:19 pm »

@mountaineer

I am a big Law and Order fan. ALL series.

I have even looked him up on the web and also IMDB,and still don't remember seeing him in anything. There is even a short clip of him and Briscoe in a bar on one web page,and I still don't recognize him.

Yet there is something in IMDB that says he starred in several episodes.

His publicist must REALLY suck!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2022, 05:37:54 pm »
@sneakypete The episode that immediately comes to mind is the guy who killed someone over a weird painting of a woman without hands. I'll try to remember the others.

He also played a crooked lawyer in the episode where Jamie's friend and fellow ADA was fixing cases, and her friend killed a bail bondsman.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 05:41:28 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2022, 05:39:48 pm »
Randy Weaver Dies

In the infamous Ruby Ridge standoff, federal agents killed his wife and son.

JOE LANCASTER

Randy Weaver died Wednesday, just three months shy of what would have been the 30th anniversary of the 1992 standoff that thrust him into the national spotlight. He was 74.

Source:  https://reason.com/2022/05/13/randy-weaver-dies/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2022, 05:40:26 pm »
@sneakypete The episode that immediately comes to mind is the guy who killed someone over a weird painting of a woman without hands. I'll try to remember the others.

@mountaineer

Don't trouble yourself. It doesn't matter. I was just curious to see if he was one of my favorites,and I can tell from the photo he wasn't.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2022, 08:30:56 pm »
RIP Mr. Ward, I thoroughly enjoyed your work from the serious to the comedic you always delivered.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2022, 10:16:55 pm »
Another article about Randy Weaver:
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63087

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2022, 10:47:36 pm »
Another article about Randy Weaver:
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63087

@Fishrrman

His suffering finally ends.

This was a man whose only wish was to live a life of peace and quiet while raising his family.

Unfortunately,he was seen as an easy target to frame for federal felonies,so they tricked him into committing a felony that should have resulted in nothing more than a fine and probation,at MOST.

But,NOOOOOO,he was the appointed fall guy for federal crimes committed by federal officers of the law.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2022, 04:08:29 am »
@Fishrrman

His suffering finally ends.

This was a man whose only wish was to live a life of peace and quiet while raising his family.

Unfortunately,he was seen as an easy target to frame for federal felonies,so they tricked him into committing a felony that should have resulted in nothing more than a fine and probation,at MOST.

But,NOOOOOO,he was the appointed fall guy for federal crimes committed by federal officers of the law.
The entrapment was so they could try to use the charges as leverage to get him to snitch on his neighbors.

He refused to to be a spy for the Feds--regardless of what anyone thinks of the claimed beliefs of the neighbors, it was an honorable choice.

That's when the Feds decided to make an example of him.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2022, 03:12:32 am »
David Birney dead at 83: Star of St Elsewhere and Bridget Loves Bernie passes away after Alzheimer's battle

By JUSTIN ENRIQUEZ FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
3 May 2022

David Birney - an actor best known for his work on St Elsewhere and Bridget Loves Bernie - has died at 83 after a battle with Alzheimer's.

The longtime thespian passed away at his home in Santa Monica on Friday his lifer partner Michele Roberge told the New York Times.

He had battled Alzheimer's for five years before succumbing aged 83 on April  29.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10779039/David-Birney-dead-83-St-Bridget-Loves-Bernie-star-battled-Alzheimers.html

Darn,
my 83 Y/o mom has Alxheimers.  not fun

Online mountaineer

« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2022, 07:48:58 pm »
Rosmarie Trapp, Whose Family Inspired ‘Sound of Music,' Dies
Rosmarie was the first daughter of Austrian naval Capt. Georg von Trapp and Maria von Trapp, and a younger half-sibling to the older von Trapp children portrayed on stage and in the movie
By Lisa Rathke • Published 6 mins ago   • Updated 5 seconds ago   

Rosmarie Trapp, whose Austrian family the von Trapps was made famous in the musical and beloved movie “The Sound of Music,” has died.

She died Friday at the age of 93 at a nursing home in Morrisville, Vermont, Trapp Family Lodge announced. Her brother Johannes is president of the Stowe resort.

Rosmarie was the first daughter of Austrian naval Capt. Georg von Trapp and Maria von Trapp, and a younger half-sibling to the older von Trapp children portrayed on stage and in the movie. The family escaped from Nazi-occupied Austria in 1938 and performed singing tours throughout Europe and America. They settled in Vermont in the early 1940s and opened a ski lodge in Stowe. ...More at NBC Boston