Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 64583 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2022, 09:41:35 pm »
He sure as hell got this right!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2022, 09:46:14 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2022, 10:08:32 pm »
It's sad that Peej went total anti-Trump in his last years.  It will forever be a smudge on his brilliant career.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2022, 10:21:07 pm »
It's sad that Peej went total anti-Trump in his last years.  It will forever be a smudge on his brilliant career.

@Cyber Liberty

True,but you have to understand that being a "contrarian" is how he made his money. If he hadn't gone after Trump,he wouldn't have had a job.

The easiest way to understand this is to accept that ALL journalists are whores and liars.

PJ was no exception. The only difference is most of us here enjoyed his lies until he started spinning the truth about Trump to sell copy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2022, 11:01:30 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

True,but you have to understand that being a "contrarian" is how he made his money. If he hadn't gone after Trump,he wouldn't have had a job.

The easiest way to understand this is to accept that ALL journalists are whores and liars.

PJ was no exception. The only difference is most of us here enjoyed his lies until he started spinning the truth about Trump to sell copy.

That's odd.  I thought you liked Trump...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2022, 11:15:00 pm »

True enough.

Online verga

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2022, 12:54:10 pm »
LEGEND LOST PJ O’Rourke dead at 74 – Ex-editor of National Lampoon & beloved journalist mourned for ‘great literary accomplishments’
Israel Salas-Rodriguez
20:33, 15 Feb 2022 Updated: 21:08, 15 Feb 2022

FORMER Editor of National Lampoon and beloved journalist Partick PJ O'Rourke has died at 74, as he's mourned for his "great literary accomplishments."

News of the journalist's death was confirmed by United Talent Agency on Tuesday. His cause of death has yet to be determined.  ...

A fixture in journalism, O'Rourke was a regular correspondent for The Atlantic Monthly, The American Spectator and The Weekly Standard.

The 74-year-old was also a frequent panelist on NPR's game show Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! and columnist at The Daily Beast.  ... The Sun (U.K.)
RIP
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2022, 04:37:11 pm »
That's odd.  I thought you liked Trump...

@Cyber Liberty

I do. That's why I wrote "Until he started spinning the truth about Trump."

"Spinning the truth" equals "lying".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2022, 04:42:31 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I do. That's why I wrote "Until he started spinning the truth about Trump."

"Spinning the truth" equals "lying".

Ah!! So sorry!  It was...

:sarc:
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2022, 11:22:24 pm »
One more comment on O'Rourke. A former newspaperman's tribute, in which he quotes a Q&A he had with O'Rourke:
Q: You – I think you know this – combine humor, satire and sarcasm with a very specific political/ideological and, dare I say, philosophical message or point of view.  What is that?

A: To put a single word on that, it would be “libertarian.” I am a libertarian conservative. Or as we libertarian conservatives like to say, a classic 18th century liberal. Now that everybody’s thoroughly confused (laughs) …. But it’s just, from a political and I suppose philosophical point of view, that the ultimate good is human liberty and the concomitant responsibility that goes with that liberty. And that’s what we measure everything against: Does this increase human liberty and responsibility, or not?
Read article by Bill Steigerwald
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2022, 05:21:12 am »
Director Ivan Reitman dies at 75.

He was best known for his comedies, including Stripes, Meatballs, Beethoven, Ghostbusters, and a string of Arnold Schwarzenegger comedies.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ivan-reitman-dead-dies-ghostbusters-director-1235180792/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2022, 02:38:25 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2022, 04:24:25 am »
He sure as hell got this right!

That was the first I read of him....RIP, and thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2022, 02:48:14 pm »
Former ‘The Five’ co-host Bob Beckel dies, colleagues remember him fondly

Bob Beckel, former co-host of “The Five” and longtime Democratic strategist, died Monday night at the age of 73.

Beckel had an intermittent career with Fox News after first joining the network in 2000 to provide political analysis based on his years of work with Democrat politicians. From 1977-1980, Beckel served as the youngest Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for the Carter Administration.

As national campaign manager for Walter Mondale’s 1984 presidential campaign, Beckel successfully led the former vice president to the Democratic nomination.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/22/former-the-five-co-host-bob-beckel-dies-colleagues-remember-him-fondly-1204122/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2022, 03:14:21 pm »
Even though he was a big leftist, I really liked BB.  He loved Christmas!

8888crybaby
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2022, 12:11:18 am »

Gary Brooker of Procol Harum Passes Away

Gary Brooker, who as leader of veteran, English progressive rockers Procol Harum paved the genre’s path in the latter 1960s with his Bach-infused “A Whiter Shade of Pale,” and decades of subsequent work mixing multi-faceted, esoteric flavorings, English folk, and American blues, has passed away from cancer. Brooker’s death was on February 19th, but was not publicly announced until the 22nd. Brooker was 76.

Brooker’s career started in the early 1960s with The Paramounts, a British R&B outfit who were contemporaries of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, both of which were fans, and often included them on their tours, yet enjoyed minimal commercial success. Their only British Top 40 hit was in 1963, a cover of “Poison Ivy,” which was originally made famous by The Coasters.

https://redstate.com/jerrywilson/2022/02/22/gary-brooker-of-procol-harum-passes-away-n526402

The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2022, 12:23:20 am »

Gary Brooker of Procol Harum Passes Away

Gary Brooker, who as leader of veteran, English progressive rockers Procol Harum paved the genre’s path in the latter 1960s with his Bach-infused “A Whiter Shade of Pale,” and decades of subsequent work mixing multi-faceted, esoteric flavorings, English folk, and American blues, has passed away from cancer. Brooker’s death was on February 19th, but was not publicly announced until the 22nd. Brooker was 76.

Brooker’s career started in the early 1960s with The Paramounts, a British R&B outfit who were contemporaries of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, both of which were fans, and often included them on their tours, yet enjoyed minimal commercial success. Their only British Top 40 hit was in 1963, a cover of “Poison Ivy,” which was originally made famous by The Coasters.

https://redstate.com/jerrywilson/2022/02/22/gary-brooker-of-procol-harum-passes-away-n526402

@Free Vulcan

That may be true,but I don't think I personally knew anyone "back in the day" that didn't own and play the Whiter Shade of Pale album. My mother and father even liked it and would ask me to play in when I was buzzed at home and playing music.

Offline corbe

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2022, 10:03:11 pm »
   RIP Gary Brooker, thanks for introducing us to Robin Trower.     :beer:

https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2022, 03:24:04 am »
Even though he was a big leftist, I really liked BB.  He loved Christmas!

8888crybaby
Beckel was so much better than Williams and Whorealdo, even at his worst. I don't often have opportunity to watch The Five but I did miss him a lot whenever I had to listen to the fools that replaced him.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2022, 03:05:25 am »
Actress Sally Kellerman dies at 84.
https://nypost.com/2022/02/24/sally-kellerman-hot-lips-from-mash-dead-at-84/

Kellerman, who was prolific as an actress in the 1960s and 1970s, and continued to find steady acting and voiceover work through the rest of the 20th century (including a memorable role opposite Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School), was best known for originating the role of Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan in the movie version of MASH, for which she was nominated for an Oscar. (Loretta Swit took the role when it was made into a TV series.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2022, 04:35:53 am »
RIP, M'am. Sure loved you in M.A.S.H.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online verga

« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2022, 12:27:46 pm »
Actress Sally Kellerman dies at 84.
https://nypost.com/2022/02/24/sally-kellerman-hot-lips-from-mash-dead-at-84/

Kellerman, who was prolific as an actress in the 1960s and 1970s, and continued to find steady acting and voiceover work through the rest of the 20th century (including a memorable role opposite Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School), was best known for originating the role of Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan in the movie version of MASH, for which she was nominated for an Oscar. (Loretta Swit took the role when it was made into a TV series.)
RIP, Loved her in M*A*S*H, and "Back to School". 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2022, 01:43:32 pm »
RIP, M'am. Sure loved you in M.A.S.H.

Movie was great.  TV show not so much. She was wise to skip that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2022, 02:57:11 pm »

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2022, 05:23:02 pm »
Priscilla Tolkien, the only daughter and youngest child of J.R.R. Tolkien, has passed away at the age of 92.

https://www.tolkiensociety.org/2022/03/priscilla-tolkien-has-died/
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra