Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 63669 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2022, 11:58:42 pm »
Is this the only place for reporting/discussing deaths @Cyber Liberty ?

Thanks.

"Notable" Obits can be posted as regular Topics in the appropriate Category...Obits we're OK with hearing about usually have their own Topics, because the Obit Thread is not the place for debate or speaking ill of the deceased.

@Right_in_Virginia
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2022, 12:09:28 am »
"Notable" Obits can be posted as regular Topics in the appropriate Category...Obits we're OK with hearing about usually have their own Topics, because the Obit Thread is not the place for debate or speaking ill of the deceased.

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks @Cyber Liberty

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2022, 01:00:10 am »

"Loud" doesn't quite do it justice.  They have a sky-filling volume that rattles one's teeth and simply won't be denied.
Yeah...but I love the sound of those radial engines.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2022, 01:03:10 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Who do you know @Right_in_Virginia you wish to speak ill of? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2022, 01:18:39 am »
Who do you know @Right_in_Virginia you wish to speak ill of?

No one @Wingnut   I simply thought Tuskegee Airman Charles McGee's death deserved more than a mention in an annual obit thread and sought current posting guidelines. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2022, 01:20:34 am »
No one @Wingnut   I simply thought Tuskegee Airman Charles McGee's death deserved more than a mention in an annual obit thread and sought current posting guidelines.
:patriot:

Offline verga

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2022, 11:39:07 am »
Pioneering Tuskegee Airman Charles McGee Dies at 102
Sunday, 16 January 2022 05:27 PM
Newsmax

Retired Brigadier General Charles McGee, part of the pioneering all-Black Tuskegee Airmen during World War Two and one of its most decorated pilots, died on Sunday at the age of 102, his family said in a statement.

McGee, who flew 409 combat missions spanning World War Two, Korea and Vietnam, died in his sleep Sunday morning, a family spokesperson said. "He had his right hand over his heart and was smiling serenely," his youngest daughter Yvonne McGee said in a statement released by the spokesperson.

"Today, we lost an America hero," Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said on Twitter. "While I am saddened by his loss, I'm also incredibly grateful for his sacrifice, his legacy and his character. Rest in Peace, General."  ...

:patriot:
RIP Sir, Sadly to many of our youth know nothing of his accomplishments.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2022, 11:44:33 am »
RIP Sir, Sadly to many of our youth know nothing of his accomplishments.
How many know of all three wars he flew in?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2022, 09:35:51 am »
Meat Loaf, ‘Bat Out of Hell’ Singer and Actor, Dies at 74

In his six-decade career, the singer, born Marvin Lee Aday, sold millions of albums and acted in films.

Jan. 21, 2022Updated 4:09 a.m. ET

Meat Loaf, the larger-than-life singer and actor whose 1977 album “Bat Out of Hell” was one of the best-selling albums of all time, died on Thursday. He was 74.

His death was announced on his official Facebook page. The statement said the musician’s wife was by his side and his friends had been with him in his final 24 hours. A cause of death was not given.

Meat Loaf, who was born Marvin Lee Aday on Sept. 27, 1947, had a career that few could match. In six decades, he sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, the statement said, and appeared in movies such as “Fight Club,” “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” and “Wayne’s World.”

“We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man,” the statement said. “We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time.”

A full obituary will appear soon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/arts/music/meat-loaf-dead-marvin-lee-aday.html

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2022, 09:42:07 am »

In his six-decade career, the singer, born Marvin Lee Aday, sold millions of albums and acted in films.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/arts/music/meat-loaf-dead-marvin-lee-aday.html

I do not know why I feel gutted by this. Yes, I had two of his records. Yes, I saw Rocky Horror at least ten times when  I was a teen.
Yes, I thought he made Jim Steinman’s lyrics  sparkle and shine, to the point I could get tears in my eyes.

Rest In Peace, and I hope your singing your heart out with all the other greats in Heaven.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2022, 12:35:32 pm »
I do not know why I feel gutted by this. Yes, I had two of his records. Yes, I saw Rocky Horror at least ten times when  I was a teen.
Yes, I thought he made Jim Steinman’s lyrics  sparkle and shine, to the point I could get tears in my eyes.

Rest In Peace, and I hope your singing your heart out with all the other greats in Heaven.

I am truly saddened by this news.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline verga

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2022, 12:55:11 pm »

R.I.P and prayers for his family
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2022, 01:16:02 pm »
I had no idea he had been in so many movies. So talented.
...  "Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side," the statement read. "Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours."

Born Marvin Lee Aday in Dallas in 1947, the musician better known by his stage name Meat Loaf became a legendary voice in rock music with a career that spanned six decades. He sold more than 100 million albums worldwide and appeared in over 65 movies, including iconic roles in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Fight Club."

Meat Loaf's 1977 debut album "Bat Out of Hell" remains one of the top-selling albums of all time. He also won a 1994 Grammy Award for the song "I'd Do Anything For Love."  ...
ABC News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2022, 01:19:44 pm »
How many know of all three wars he flew in?

@Smokin Joe

I suspect many more of us than most people would suspect.

Including damn near everyone that made a career out of military service.

I knew of him and his fellow fighter pilots decades ago. Maybe not as much as I know now,but I knew who they were.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2022, 01:23:35 pm »

@Gefn

He was ONE hell of a performer. He held back NOTHING when he was performing.

It wouldn't have hurt him to have toned down his ego a bit,but that IS who he was,so it may not have even been possible.

Then again,what do I know about having mega-talent like that? Chances are I would have been even more unbearable.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2022, 01:58:26 pm »
Viz. Meatloaf's death:  he was against vaccine mandates (although it's not clear at this point whether he himself was vaccinated or not), and apparently he was seriously ill with COVID at the time of his death.  Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-ill-with-covid-days-before-his-death-report/

So, word to the wise:  get ready for a lot of full-court press b.s. from the left about how vaccines should be mandatory.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2022, 02:09:58 pm »
Meat Loaf said a few months ago when Jim Steinman passed: "We didn't know each other... we WERE each other."

As tumultuous as their bond was over the years, it was a pretty strong one, and you have to believe that it had an impact. Well, that, and being in his mid-70s and morbidly obese his whole life.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2022, 03:08:58 pm »
Ah Man.  The Meat passed.  Sad day.  Time to break out BOH I, II, AND III.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2022, 03:48:14 pm »
Louie Anderson Dead at 68 After Battle with Cancer

Iconic comedian Louie Anderson has died, after a battle with blood cancer ... TMZ has learned.

As we previously reported, Anderson had been battling this aggressive cancer. And, while it's not clear when he was diagnosed, the "Coming to America" star was recently being treated for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in a Vegas hospital.

Unfortunately, he lost that battle Friday morning ... according to his publicist.

Throughout his career of over 30 years, the 3-time Emmy Award winner became known as one of America's most beloved comics ... He was named “One of 100 Greatest Stand-Up Comedians of All Time” by Comedy Central.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/louie-anderson-dead-dies-blood-cancer-battle/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2022, 03:51:02 pm »

Apparently, he died from taking ivermectin for Covid.  Oh wait, that never happened.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2022, 04:17:12 pm »
Then again,what do I know about having mega-talent like that? Chances are I would have been even more unbearable.

Sometimes it's an act. If you create an unpleasant persona, people are more likely to leave you alone.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2022, 04:26:39 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I suspect many more of us than most people would suspect.

Including damn near everyone that made a career out of military service.

I knew of him and his fellow fighter pilots decades ago. Maybe not as much as I know now,but I knew who they were.
I guess the question should have been "how many under 30 know of the wars he fought in?"

Sure, those of us who have been around 50 years know, after all we mostly had relatives or friends who fought in those wars, if we did not do so ourselves, and for those in the services that knowledge is there as a matter of course.

But as the percentage of youth who enter the service becomes smaller, and movies like "Pork Chop Hill" fade into the back rows on streaming channels, how many who haven't served know of the battles from the Pusan Pocket to the Yalu and back to the current DMZ before the cease fire? How many could point out which end of Vietnam had I Corps or the Delta, or where the Parrots Beak is?
I hope I am wrong, but it seems that despite a lot of attempts to make the general population aware of the sweat and sacrifice of even modern day veterans, the usual suspects in the media tend to downplay that, especially in the face of situations like Biden's Afghanistan debacle, because any failure involved almost always belongs on the doorstep of Democrat politicians.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2022, 05:41:59 pm »

I guess the question should have been "how many under 30 know of the wars he fought in?"

Sure, those of us who have been around 50 years know, after all we mostly had relatives or friends who fought in those wars, if we did not do so ourselves, and for those in the services that knowledge is there as a matter of course.

How many could point out which end of Vietnam had I Corps or the Delta, or where the Parrots Beak is?

I do. The Parrots Beak is a mountain top that IIRC,is along the Laotian/Cambodian borders that overlooks the Ho Chi  Mihn Trail. Been inserted all around it when I was still running recon. The natives were NOT friendly.

Gives me the shivers to think about it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:46:52 pm by sneakypete »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2022, 06:30:10 pm »
 Meat Loaf was ‘seriously ill’ with COVID days before his death: report
By Lee Brown   
January 21, 2022 8:31am

Rock legend Meat Loaf was “seriously ill” with COVID-19 just days before his death Thursday, according to a report.

Sources told TMZ that the 74-year-old “Bat Out of Hell” star was due to attend a business dinner earlier this week for a show he is working on based on his classic hit, “I’d Do Anything for Love.”

But he canceled because he was seriously ill with COVID-19, with his condition soon becoming critical, the outlet’s sources said.

It was not clear if he had been vaccinated. Reps for the star did not immediately return requests for comment early Friday.

No cause of death was given in the announcement of his death on his official Facebook page.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-was-ill-with-covid-days-before-his-death-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2022, 06:40:49 pm »

I do. The Parrots Beak is a mountain top that IIRC,is along the Laotian/Cambodian borders that overlooks the Ho Chi  Mihn Trail. Been inserted all around it when I was still running recon. The natives were NOT friendly.

Gives me the shivers to think about it.
You, my friend, are the exception. I reckon that makes you exceptional!  :patriot:

C S Lewis