Author Topic: 35 New Year Traditions to Bring You Luck From Around the World  (Read 317 times)

Online libertybele

35 New Year Traditions to Bring You Luck From Around the World
« on: January 01, 2022, 02:04:00 am »
35 New Year Traditions to Bring You Luck From Around the World

Every culture has its own ways to ring in a lucky new year. Sometimes, you have to start the year off with good luck foods to make sure you get going on the right foot. (Beans, round foods and noodles seem to be high on the list, as well as some lucky desserts!) Other times, what you wear is indicative of what will come your way, be it health, money or love. Then again, where you are when the clock strikes 12 might be more important than what you're wearing — so get ready to jump into the new year. And since everyone wants to start the year off with a blank slate, there are certain things you can do to rid your home of bad vibes and welcome in the new.

So, no matter how you choose to celebrate New Year's Eve, be it with a lavish New Year's Eve dinner that spans two years, a quiet night at home watching New Year's movies or a planning session that starts making wishes, see if you can take some time to squeeze in one of these New Year's good-luck traditions as well. Because we could all use some good fortune coming our way in 2022! ...................

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/g25360543/new-year-traditions/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: 35 New Year Traditions to Bring You Luck From Around the World
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 02:37:22 am »
One belief from my European culture is that, everything has to be clean before the new year, or you will live in dirt the rest of the year.  And the first caller of the NEW YEAR..has to be a MALE for good luck.  It used to be, visiting your home, but my dad used to call me at midnight, long distance, to wish me a Happy New Year.  Yes a woman caller meant...bad luck the whole year.  lol

OLD WORLD THINKING.